• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCChappy

Banned
i ended up reading the nisekoi manga. shaft really stuck to the illustrations well. idk i just found that kinda neat

EDIT: I'm gonna type up my opinions on Cross Ange tomorrow.

vareon

There is a 125 chapter difference from where the anime last left off and usually they adapt 2 chapters per episode (And even sometimes they just use 1 chapter per episode and put original content to fill it up) for Gintama.

Cool, thanks. That's enough material to adapt properly for a year, even. Though Gintama's fillers are entertaining as hell, too.

Gintama Hype going strong!!!!!!!!!

The OP is sung by Blue Encount and from the songs I heard from them the opening song Day by Day for Gintama is gonna be sooo good.

http://youtu.be/5CjISQ6zNrQ

http://youtu.be/DzWHacQyZtw

They are really good.
I wish I could be excited for ops and eds next season. Apart from nagi yanagi and minori chihara all of my favorite talents are not present. I wish fhana and ray were in anime again :(

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hey, I'll be there from the start this time!

Trying to figure out my next series on Crunchy, so I might have to experiment.

Shirobako :)

Japanese Fans Recommend Their Personal Favorite Overlooked Anime

Kind of interesting.

Manga is also included on here. One thing that surprised me was S-CRY-ED being that high up, what? I mean I watched it and it was fine, but I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone unless they want to watch people punch each other. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Utena is on there too. I wouldn't really call that overlooked. Baccano as well.

Glad to see they also want Baccano.

Possibly something alone the lines of Chrono Crusade's ending.

One which I hated to high heaven.

Shitt anime adaptation ending. Like, what's the point of the vatican scene?

Saekano end

Enjoy it. but boy they really ramp up the fanservice starting Michiru arc. Love the Sorariro days cover. Oh, most annoying use of CG hands.

Jex

Link Man

Banned
Yuru Yuri s1e1

ifZoMUuZD8LFZ.jpg

ibdAU2mPZyGUjQ.gif

I instantly love this show. This never happens with me and anime!

VOTOMS 35-37

Ok. Finally caught up. Vanilla and Coconna is my OTP. Not sure I really like the implications that Chirico might be a PS. One one hand, it explains why he's so good at battle. At the other, being naturally born and made to be better then everyone else kind of goes against his Rambo-like nature which is part of why I like him.

Oh yeah, I also like how Chirico decides to not kill the bandit leader woman which ends up screwing him over multiple times, like he's being quickly driven into a corner to just do what he's good at.

Now I can get back to Gintama because I should probably be speeding that shit up right now.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 11

Rock. Nyaa. Rock. Nyaa. Rock. Nyaa. Rock. Nyaa. Rock. Nyaa. Rock. Nyaa. Boy am I glad they put the two most one-note characters in a group together.

Rock Girl fails her design. And she's a poser. To think I liked her in the first episode. Boo myself.
One note? Are we watching the same show? Miku is one of the few characters who is more than one dimensional. That's why the conflict here is based on personalities rather than some external force. The other characters hardly have one so it would be impossible to tell the same story with them. Oh and we already knew Riina was a poser when she couldn't even say who she is listening to.

Well I guess I should make the Shokugeki no Soma OT so it's ready, if Senran Kagura and Yuri Kuma Arashi can have OTs this can to
And Cinderella Girls. *cough cough*

Kill Me Baby! #2? BGBW vindicated.
But no Mitsudomoe. I looked on the original site and it wasn't one of the shows in the poll so it was even looked over by them. ;__;

One note? Are we watching the same show? Miku is one of the few characters who is more than one dimensional. That's why the conflict here is based on personalities rather than some external force. The other characters hardly have one so it would be impossible to tell the same story with them. Oh and we already knew Riina was a poser when she couldn't even say who she is listening to.

Miku is mostly fine. I just don't like these two's character very much. That's all.

Jex

I always wondering a list from people like you

To clarify a little, I don't mean to imply that all the anime on that list are rubbish. Far from it, there's plenty of good titles listed there. However, I believe that a list should serve a pretty clear purpose. So a list of "overlooked" anime should probably be made up of actually obscure anime, not stuff like Utena and Baccano.

So instead of a list with obscure anime what you have is a list with some really good anime, some average anime and some bad stuff. For purely utilitarian purposes, you might as well have a list that says "best anime of all time" or something equally simple because at least that would produce a consistently useful set of results.

Letting people decide what "overlooked" constitutes clearly leaves too much wiggle room and you get a fairly random selection of titles which isn't useful at all.

Samurai Flamenco 1-7 lots of
dick stomping and wtf at 7's end

Kyoukai no Kanata end
Mirai made it watchable

Also Aldnoah.Zero Hype!!!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shirobako end
What a great ending. AOTY contender for sure. The fight to make anime goes on.
I don't know if there's a plan for season 2 or a movie, but i hope it will have same or even higher qualitiy.

Will watch:

Arslan Senki
Ore Monogatari!!
Koukaku Kidoutai Arise: Alternative Architecture (or I should finish watching the Arise Ovas)
Lupin III (2015)
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season

Will give a chance:

Eikoku Ikke, Nihon o Taberu
Plastic Memories
Shokugeki no Souma

Overall a weak season.
Lupin surely isn't going to be in Spring (and let's be honest overall Lupin's works quality is kind of uneven, who knows if this will be good or bad).
Arise is a TV version of the existing ovas.
I will watch UBW just for ending it, it isn't like I loved the first part.
I hope Arslan is good but I remember reading the first three chapters or so of the manga and it was kind of bland, and after these years it doesn't seem to have gaining an important following like FMA or Silver Spoon.

Shirobako - end

I hope we get another season of this show(after more GuP of course, get to work on it mizushima!!), but if we don't I'm ok with that also, everything ended so perfectly. a definite contender for Aoty 2015 and quite honestly the show ive had most fun watching in a long long time. a total Win-Win!

Nightbird

So, since i'm going to watch more Anime starting next Week, i guess i should be posting in here.

Currently watching:

- Assassination Classroom
- Pokémon XY
- Nichijou (Episode 16)

Animes i'm waiting for next Month:
- Gintama (the GOD-Anime is coming back!)
- Denpa Kyoshi (i enjoyed the beginning of that)
- Nisekoi (it me some Time to get used to the sparkle, but now, i'm ready)
- Shokugeki no Soma (bring on that Foodgasm)
- Digimon Tri (please no delay ;-:)

Edit: Good Lord Bob fix that Image!!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I feel bad for not caring about Shirobako given how many people seem to like it. But even having watched the Yoshida episode with the teary Yoshida-esque ending, it still didn't really click with me unfortunately.

cajunator

Banned
I feel bad for not caring about Shirobako given how many people seem to like it. But even having watched the Yoshida episode with the teary Yoshida-esque ending, it still didn't really click with me unfortunately.

Not every show strikes a chord with everyone or else sales would be through the roof.

cajunator

Banned
This is like me not giving a shit about Mad Men or Parks and Rec though. Just feels weird to be disconnected from a particular zeitgeist. lol

Ive never watched Lost or Breaking Bad or Big Bang theory or Game of Thrones or (insert pretty much any serialized TV show here)

cj_iwakura

Can't wait for UBW-2. I'm sure they'll nail the plot twist execution.

Mononoke 03 - The Sea Bishop, Act 1

Yeah, the show's got me. I love the style to death, and the Medicine Vendor is great.

Blusby

Chaos;Child is getting an adaptation: http://otakomu.jp/archives/240714.html

Anyways, what I'm watching next season is:

Arslan Senki
Digimon Adventure Tri
Grisaia no Rakuen
Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation
Kekkai Sensen
Lupin III
Ore Monogatari!!
Owari no Seraph
Plastic Memories
Punch Line
Shokugeki no Souma
Knights of Sidonia: War of the ninth planet
OreGairu Zoku

cajunator

Banned
Chaos;Child is getting an adaptation: http://otakomu.jp/archives/240714.html

Anyways, what I'm watching next season is:

Arslan Senki
Digimon Adventure Tri
Grisaia no Rakuen
Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation
Kekkai Sensen
Lupin III
Ore Monogatari!!
Owari no Seraph
Plastic Memories
Punch Line
Shokugeki no Souma
Knights of Sidonia: War of the ninth planet
OreGairu Zoku

Is this the sequel to the excellent comedy Chaos:Head?

Blusby

The only one I found enjoyable was Steins;Gate, probably because Shimokura had a hand in its creation. The others though? Lol Naotaka shouldn't be allowed to write anything by himself.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Log Horizon Season 2, Episode 25:

I fear we may have just been handed the anime equivalent of Young Justice and the thought scares me, it scares me so very much. So much built up, so much potential for the future and yet so much waiting and that text, I feel like I am in a glass case of emotions. Log Horizon provided no gecko ending and there is ample material for a season three yet all we can do is play the waiting game for a distant dream that may never come but I want it, I want to see one of my favorite anime get the resolution it so richly deserves. Anyway, this was a solid end to a season that had problems but still solid and anybody who thinks otherwise I'll point them in the direction of Gundam Build Fighters Try and show them what a screwed up season season really looks like.

phaze

Shirobako 18-24

All caught up. I also can't say I share the widespread adulation this show gets here but it was and remained, till the very end, a decent show. Mostly mildly amusing/ interesting, sometimes mildly dull but never outright bad. What this finale lacked in comparison to the finish of first cour, it made up with Aoi's speech and the general sense of finality it had to it.

II kinda regret that I still don't know what is the division of responsibilities between an overall series director and individual episode directors. Think they touched a little bit of it with the outsourced episode but very lightly.

Also, that ep 23 ending (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Judging by impressions Death Parade turned out good too so will have finish that one too.

CorvoSol

At some point I did mean to watch it but after seeing that Corvo post, "lol nope".

Wait which post?

I feel like I watched the 00 movie almost 2 years ago. Just remembering it reminds me that I wish to triple down on what I have said before: Gundam 00 is the absolute worst Gundam product ever made. Yes, even worse than Stardust Memory, AGE, and Destiny combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom