• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
What exactly do you want? I'm trying to not assume you wanted a "Kill em all Tomino" ending but otherwise I can't figure out what you want.

Possibly something alone the lines of Chrono Crusade's ending.

One which I hated to high heaven.

Aion-closeup.jpg
\
This fucker still pisses me off.

ibyea

Banned
Death Parade End
Very emotional final episode.
Seems like Decim in the end wanted to know Chiyuki, but did it the only way he knew how as an arbiter, causing grief to her, and finally allowing him to feel human emotions. Nona seems to be one step closer to her revolution of the system at the end of this and affirms the pointlesness of judgement without feeling to the old guy. Loved the final shot of Decim smiling while welcoming his guest.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Super in for Shokugeki, Yamada and I guess FSN2. Granted I've read the source material on all of those so I already know what I'm getting into. Probably need at least 2 other series to fill out the weeks.

Death Parade End
Very emotional final episode.
Seems like Decim in the end wanted to know Chiyuki, but did it the only way he knew how as an arbiter, causing grief. Nona seems to be one step closer to her revolution of the system at the end of this and affirms the pointlesness of judgement without feeling to the old guy. Loved the final shot of Decim smiling while welcoming his guest.

Also,
the shot of the Chiyuki in doll form holding the two little book characters, which has been shown in the intro song since the very start. Now that, although sad, was a great and fitting ending to the series.

jman2050

A certain KyoAni anime about cute high school girls in a light music club is not good at all.

Aside from Fractale and S-CRY-ED this is a pretty good list.

I have a soft spot for Scryed. It was Sunrise from a time before the likes of Code Geass and Gundam Seed ruined their innocence! Also it has dudes punching each other for no other reason than because they don't like each other, and that's fine by me.

Midonin

I'm also wondering if I should get into the Jewelpet franchise this season. I've written the most about PriPara of anybody on this board, but Fridays are kinda packed already. Plus the premise of Magical Change, with the mascots turning into humans, is kinda appealing.

A Rumiko Takahashi based anime in 2015, hot damn.

Never read the manga, hope it's good, last thing I read of hers was the boxing one which was alright.

Japanese Fans Recommend Their Personal Favorite Overlooked Anime

Kind of interesting.

Manga is also included on here. One thing that surprised me was S-CRY-ED being that high up, what? I mean I watched it and it was fine, but I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone unless they want to watch people punch each other. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Utena is on there too. I wouldn't really call that overlooked. Baccano as well.

Didn't Baccano sell like shit in Japan? Kinda counts then. Nice to see they still like it though, even if they didn't put their money where their mouth is.

Doesn't make the fact that we'll never see the other books adapted hurt any less though.

ibyea

Banned
Also,
the shot of the Chiyuki in doll form holding the two little book characters, which has been shown in the intro song since the very start. Now that, although sad, was a great and fitting ending to the series.

Thanks for pointing it out! I forgot about that!

cajunator

Banned
That list. Only one I've watched to completion is Ef.

Fractale...I didn't hate, just got kind of bored and stopped part way thru.

Fractale is decent. It just went off the rails but not in a legendary sort of way that makes it memorable.
watch Shangri La instead.

jbug617

Banned

Kind of interesting.

Manga is also included on here. One thing that surprised me was S-CRY-ED being that high up, what? I mean I watched it and it was fine, but I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone unless they want to watch people punch each other. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Kill Me Baby at #2. They recognize a great show.

SCChappy

Banned
NISEKOI YAYYYYYYYY
im on like a nisekoi binge right now i cant wait
#teamchitoge

also i actually play euphonium so that show might be something i check out

Baalzebup

Kind of interesting.

That list really is quite interesting. Shame about Baccano! not selling like it should have, cuz it really is great. Also <B for 25) Jormungand. Aside from the hilarious and cringe worthy "all these crack-shooting elites can't suddenly hit anything" -syndrome from the Orchestra arc, it was good stuff pretty much all around. One of the very few series I've already bought the BDs for, ATM anyway.

jman2050

In all seriousness brass is the best class of instruments and doesn't get enough love so Euphonium will be worth at least a look to me.

rrvv

Kind of interesting.

Corpse Party, Baccano and Kill me baby is top 3 so I am okay with this

Futurecard Buddyfight Episode 63 (engDub)

More intense than 90% of the other anime airing, wow. Demonic Demise Dragon, Azi Dahaka was incredible. Size 4, all slots, and can attack all monsters, and items. Im impressed Gremlin was able to get it into the deck and even make it active.
CBI-xuoVAAE_vaa.jpg
CBI_VaDUMAAwGL5.jpg

Loved Davide Yamazaki and Shido being back involved. I love this as much as cfvanguard and YGO ARC-V.

Am curious to see if its just a reskinned K-on or not.

I've said it's focused upon music and the concert band members' performances more than K-On! ever was. It's incredibly tiresome for people to keep parroting this around, so please parrot that instead. Thanks.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 10
CBJlSxxUgAAkicV.jpg

Not how I would describe Axe of Despair.

Great duel with the trash and rubbish theme going on.
Since its the only time Ive ever seen someone play blasting the ruins, such a huge condition or long duel youd need to get 30 cards into the graveyard

JCG

I have a soft spot for Scryed. It was Sunrise from a time before the likes of Code Geass and Gundam Seed ruined their innocence! Also it has dudes punching each other for no other reason than because they don't like each other, and that's fine by me.

I find that first line of description rather oddly amusing, because I wouldn't really put it that way. If anything, you can actually draw several direct parallels between those shows. Thus: no sir, innocence has nothing to do with it! Nor was there much left to ruin. But I do share your last comment, in that it's absolutely fine for two dudes to be stupidly manly (bravado rarely requires much intelligence, as we all know) and punch each other silly. Rather frustrating if you expect to be watching a more sophisticated product though.

Looking forward to:
Digimon Adventure Tri (if it even airs)
Baby Steps Season 2
Ore Monogatari
Kyoukai no Rinne
Blood Blockade Battlefront (maybe?)

If we get Lupin outside of Italy anytime soon, then there's that, as well.

Ore Monogatari will be the best anime of the Spring season.

Yugioh is being remade? Please tell me it is, it needs to be remade. I loved the show.

I need to watch Death Parade now, it doesn't make sense after watching the first three episodes lol.
This gif ruined the surprise for me on the previous thread. I was about to watch the episode to, and BAM there it was. At least remove the
:

Kind of interesting.

I have to say, Mangaka-san being on this list, while Nadja gets repped (and not Doremi) feels like a pretty big damper on this list.

Narag

Death Parade 12 FIN

So that was a pretty good ending. Show ended up better than I expected but was quietly hoping it'd be like Ping Pong in the sense I'd know what my AOTY would be instantly but not quite. Original property without the foundation of strong source material seems to be simple fact of the matter though. Not sure the writing was entirely up to snuff throughout but for a show that was ostensibly about the discovery and exploration of human emotion, I'd call it a success given how consistently the show could draw the viewer into the conflicts and evoke the appropriate feelings throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom