• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix and Mitsuda working on Xenogears Orchestral Album - MYTH (23rd Feb 2011)

mattp

yeah, japanese only

there's translations online though ;)

its still an awesome artbook without being able to read, though.
plus my inner xenogears nerd has wanted this for as long as i can remember, so it's a nice nerdtrophy haha

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Do want.

I've been listening to the Xenogears OST in my car. I didn't know their was a voice track on it that sounded like a good disney movie song with a guitar riff in the middle.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
HNNNGAAAA IT COMES OUT TODAY just in time for PSN Xenogears! Sorry Tactics Ogre but maybe you will have to wait?

Zeal

Banned
i would give anything for a continuation of the original Xenogears project, with Mitsuda and Kato.

absolutely hated Xenosaga.

mattp

Zeal said:
i would give anything for a continuation of the original Xenogears project, with Mitsuda and Kato.

absolutely hated Xenosaga.
i think there's a lot of us

..too bad shenmue 3 will be out before that happens :(

also, they need to release this on psn along with the xenogears psone classics release!

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
creid said:
Looks like there's a vinyl on sale on the S-E Japanese e-store. Can anyone translate or shed any light? It looks like you need to have a Japanese Square Enix Members account just to order it.

http://store.jp.square-enix.com/detail/SE-M0004

It is pretty much as you said. Looks like it's 2800 yen? Anyone can make an account.

You can only order it before March 31st and then they are producing them and you can't cancel the order.

mattp

is there anywhere online we can stream this in decent quality til my disc comes in?
i wanna listen to something in better quality than that stream rip from last month

Thaedolus

Any chance of this getting an iTunes or Amazon MP3 release? I'd like the CD version too but I fucking want it now and will double dip on it if I have to

Lumiere

Neo Member
I ordered mine from HMV Japan and they shipped it yesterday. Seems like now they're temporarily out of stock though...

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
My Amazon copy gets here tomorrow, but there're V0 rips out on the net if you can't wait another day or so to get it and you're gonna rip it to your computer anyway.

(i'm waiting for my disc)

Mudo

I need that vinyl so bad but umm I don't speak/read Japanese at all - how in the world can I make an account there and pay for it?? I poked around for a couple minutes but there's just no way I can do it as-is

B.K.

Mudo said:
I need that vinyl so bad but umm I don't speak/read Japanese at all - how in the world can I make an account there and pay for it?? I poked around for a couple minutes but there's just no way I can do it as-is

You can always email NCSX and ask them if they're going to get a few. They had people send them the Final Fantasy XIII record, but it was almost $70 for it.

B.K. said:
You can always email NCSX and ask them if they're going to get a few. They had people send them the Final Fantasy XIII record, but it was almost $70 for it.
I just e-mailed them. If they do sell it, hopefully it's not for $70.

Carlisle

harriet the spy said:
it's on (US) itunes!

i just paid 40 bucks to import it :(

Edit: fuck it, double dipped. OMG so fucking good. Bonds of sea and flame <3 <3
Holy crap, did not expect this. And only $12 too. This will be my first iTunes album purchase. Downloading now. HYPE!

Edit:
Oh god it's incredible. Must stop fapping... running...out of... tissues.......

EXGN

harriet the spy said:
it's on (US) itunes!

i just paid 40 bucks to import it :(

Edit: fuck it, double dipped. OMG so fucking good. Bonds of sea and flame <3 <3

Eff, downloading iTunes now. Will be my first iTunes purchase ever.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Listening to this makes me want to buy the PSN version, even though I know I dont have the energy or time to replay it again

Damn. Wish this was on Amazon. Also, no Omen? Makes me sad.

Might have to get it on itunes. What's the DRM like, I use a Zune, will I have any issues?

B.K.

MetatronM said:

I see. It's been years since I bought anything from iTunes or kept up with news about it. The last I heard, the songs still had DRM, but you could pay an extra $1 per song to remove it.

Magnus

Man, this might be my first iTunes purchase too, lol.

Fuck, can I not buy this from Canada via iTunes?! :(

Don't see anything on iTunes but an album from 2005 called Xenogears Light.

I preordered a copy from Yesasia a bit over a week ago. They are still waiting for stock... availability is ~7 days. I hope they get some in soon and first press ones too. They have cancelled my orders in the past for more niche Japanese releases such as the MGS4 Art Book, so I hope they pull through this time. I only ordered through them for the free shipping and guaranteed no duty for Canadians. :/

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The interesting thing about this is... it's been awhile since we've had an orchestral album of a game that didn't essentially have orchestral music already. For example, FFXIII doesn't need an orchestral album.

It really brings me back to the days when I'd listen to an orchestral album of a PS1 game, and imagine "this is what the movie would sound like".

Bebpo

Banned
Technology really has come a long way. I'm on my phone reading gaf and I see the post about it being on itunes, and a few clicks later I'm listening to it while on vacation and studying. Globalization yay!

Songs are real nice so far :)

DrForester said:
No Flight/Gathering Stars In The Night Sky....

I'm a bit disappointed at that...
Uh? Soaring is an orchestrated version of flight?
and it fucking rocks

Check out the itunes sample if you are curious.

Gathering Stars is sorely missing. I'd gladly pay for a myth II.

Eiolon

Sounds nice, though I am still wondering how Mitsuda was able to churn this out in 4 months and we've been waiting 6 years for the Chrono Cross arranged album :\ I'm guessing $$ from Square = motivation.

Kinda of enjoy Creid more. The instruments from it go better with the style of music Xenogears has but this is still welcomed.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
harriet the spy said:
can you guys buy a us itunes card? i'd get you one tomorrow if you'd like. Actually i could probably order a gift card right now.
I appreciate it.. but I was just noting its absense. Perhaps some other Canadian?

Bebpo

Banned
Eiolon said:
Sounds nice, though I am still wondering how Mitsuda was able to churn this out in 4 months and we've been waiting 6 years for the Chrono Cross arranged album :\ I'm guessing $$ from Square = motivation.

Kinda of enjoy Creid more. The instruments from it go better with the style of music Xenogears has but this is still welcomed.

But isn't CC SE as well? :p

After one listen, yeah I agree it's probably not the definitive xg ost, but it's always nice listening to nice versions of these superb tracks. Really one of the best soundtracks ever to arguably the best rpg ever. Absolute shame mitsuda didn't do Xenoblade since his Xenosaga ep1 score was brilliant as well.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
CDjapan already shipped mine, but I can't wait.

Wish I had known this would be on itunes.

When I downloaded it I noticed "light" is on there. It's an excellent Xenogears fan album.

Eiolon said:

CC will come out as soon as the game is on PSN in the west :) square won't let it out sooner, i don't believe so.

anyway, i liked the album on the stream and my order is placed. i'm already familiar with the album and i can't wait to listen to it on my setup at home.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
GET!

adY8y.jpg

The plastic slipcover is nice, the case is really thick cardboard and the booklet is built into it.

Top Bottom