• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces Deus Ex: The Fall for iOS [Up: $7 price, Video Footage]

Zanasea

When will they learn that you NEVER, EVER tease something like that? It's like asking for a shitstorm.

Anyway, it's time to make Square understand NO ONE asked for this.

louiedog

This should not have been teased so much. There's absolutely no way a game for mobile platforms could meet even the smallest expectations that they set by hinting that a new Deus Ex was coming.

Avallon

I wonder if they will take advantage of Wii U's dev tools to quickly port this game to that platform, considering how much better these games sell on dedicated game platforms than phones or tablets, and they will likely be very happy to push to price to $20-30 where they will likely sell it for $16? on ios like their FF3 remake.

1) They won't.
2) considering how much better these games sell on dedicated game platforms than phones or tablets -- where are you getting this information?

Since I got botp'd:
o9Egyco.jpg

Tizoc

From that 1 image, I don't see how this couldn't have been for, at least, PC.
Can't access video at work, but how're the graphics?
Playing this on an iPad (or worse an iPhone) is gonna be a pain...

Vita release plz~

duckroll

So how many of the people making one word/one line replies here bothered to watch the video and read about the preview first? Are you guys going to keep going "hahahahaha" at every major iOS announcement as the industry invests more and more into smart devices? Seems like a matter of time before all the people laughing are instead crying when you realize the industry has left you behind. :)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Good stuff. Looking forward to it.

So how many of the people making one word/one line replies here bothered to watch the video and read about the preview first? Are you guys going to keep going "hahahahaha" at every major iOS announcement as the industry invests more and more into smart devices? Seems like a matter of time before all the people laughing are instead crying when you realize the industry has left you behind. :)

Good stuff. Looking forward to it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This was pretty much 97% guaranteed yesterday with that teaser and the logo reveal. A new Deux Ex is...

Yeah, I honestly don't care. Glad I kept my expectations low.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The game actually looks quite good. But I do not understand the logistics of making this iOS exclusive. You take a franchise that's built its fan base primarily on PC, along with consoles. You spend time and money replicating that gameplay formula pretty accurately for a smaller, side-story mission. And you release it exclusively on iOS?

It makes perfect sense to stick a touch screen controlled game like this on iOS for a few bucks. By why not release digital versions on PC and console to? I simply do not understand the business there. Not restricting to one platform, but expanding to many in order to maximise revenue across an assortment of platforms.

Can I play this with a controller? No? Then I don't care.

Hell, even the designers looked like they were having trouble controlling it.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yes, video looks pretty good, but moving through touching on the screen, with no analogues or anything is a great problem :(

Top Bottom