• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix - Murdered: Soul Suspects teaser site (360/PS3/PC, Eidos, 2013) [Image]

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Well, I have to say only one thing to Eidos which bothers me since november 2009 - where is proper Thief 4 announcement? I am waiting for this game a very long time and love the whole Thief series but Eidos didn't say a word about this game and now we know that their working on a new IP. Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about the Murdered game but for Chist's sake give us a proper Thief 4 announcement already!

No cross gen.

iv6pV5Avj8eiD.gif

DaBuddaDa

Apparently its from Airtight Games.

Huh, that'd be interesting. I know Airtight is making that "Pixelated" iOS game (forget the name), and "Quantum Conundrum 2" showed up in the Steam registry. Guess anything is possible.

Edit: I guess that game is PIXLD, and is already out. Had no clue!

Etzer

I'm always up from a new mystery IP. Although I would've liked a Wii U version, I'm OK with just getting it for PS3.

Squire

Banned
As posted above this is an Airtight project. They originally put it on hold after Dark Void tanked in every sense (good move), but it's been resumed. They have Square London's support. Those are the guys that helped make Arkham Asylum and Sleeping Dogs what they are, so this could be very good.

1-D_FTW

1. Read Square Enix.
2. Entered thread.
3. Remembered that Square Enix sucks and lack of a fuck was expressed.
4. Wrote this.
5. Left.

1. Read Square Enix.
2. Entered thread.
3. Realized it was Eidos and not some shitty Square game.
4. Got excited.
5. Wrote this.
6. Hit reply.

Unlikely.

Apparently its from Airtight Games.

But I missed this. Yick.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
No cross-gen? Well, it's a dead IP already.

At this point if you don't release at least on next-gen hardware, you're killing your game. The new consoles reveal are going to placate everything else that is not mainstream like GTA.

1-D_FTW

No cross-gen? Well, it's a dead IP already.

At this point if you don't release at least on next-gen hardware, you're killing your game. The new consoles reveal are going to placate everything else that is not mainstream like GTA.

Why do you think multiple publishers have come out and said not to expect jumps for the first two years? Wait till E3. All these types of games will get announced. It'll be just like the PC version. Higher resolution. Higher IQ. Higher FPS (hopefully). They're not going to leave easy ports on the table.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The thing that interests me the most so far is that Square Enix is obviously forming a working relationship with Airtight if they are publishing this after having published Quantum Conundrum. With the Steam registry Quantum Conundrum 2 thing, I would assume they're supporting that as well. Odd.

Replicant

New IP this late in the game? Maybe they want to establish the series on PS360 first so they can sell the sequel on PS4/720.

Squire

Banned
The thing that interests me the most so far is that Square Enix is obviously forming a working relationship with Airtight if they are publishing this after having published Quantum Conundrum. With the Steam registry Quantum Conundrum 2 thing, I would assume they're supporting that as well. Odd.

It would probably be to Airtight's benefit if they were acquired, but SE's not into that right now.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
I think the QC deal actually came from this project.

Top Bottom