• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix - Murdered: Soul Suspects teaser site (360/PS3/PC, Eidos, 2013) [Image]

Hanmik

It would say it's the 664 as he was pushed out of a window across the street.

yeah...

and now for lols..

AdrJAs4.jpg

ekim

If we take the question literally :
What is hidden between the light and the dark? #thehardestcasetosolve

the answer is "and" although it's not hidden.

I suspect the hint is directed to the audio file we gathered from the last riddle.
Talking visuals, what is between light and dark? Low light? :D

Hanmik

If we take the question literally :
What is hidden between the light and the dark? #thehardestcasetosolve

the answer is "and" although it's not hidden.

I suspect the hint is directed to the audio file we gathered from the last riddle.
Talking visuals, what is between light and dark? Low light? :D

I just saw the "new" hint..

I´m petty sure they are talking about the picture..

ekim

I just saw the "new" hint..

I´m petty sure they are talking about the picture..

Well maybe they are talking about a visual frequency - I think Infrared fits. It ranges from 100Hz to 1KHz - I now filtered the audio to only pass through these frequencies. I still need to listen to it.

Persona7

Banned
I want to continue messing with this stuff but I am too tired to think correctly. :(

Messed around in audacity for a bit, did not notice anything besides the phallic waveform.

Hanmik

the only thing a that sticks out a little in the picture..

bVO4a0W.jpg

it looks like a plant of some kind.. maybe it is a flower pot that fell out of the window when h was thrown out.. or it is a plant growing on the street ..lol

Hanmik

Maybe we need to look at the meanings of the words..?

Dark - Evil
Light - Good
Between - Neutral..?

or something like that..?

ekim

We have the following facilities here:
Sea Breeze Consignment
Lighthouse Banking
Harmony Grove Antiques
Hook & Lure --> Bait & Tackle shop

Lighthouse banking --> light?

ekim

untitled4bex0.png

The first P looks more like a small h upside down and mirrored -->

untitled8zply.png

now it reads hook (the first O looks odd) and rnbe

€: I think it's nothing as they might just didn't light the right lower part of the H

squidyj

hunh, also that door is ajar, I wonder if they mean literally between light and darkness in the image, like between a light source and something.

ekim

hunh, also that door is ajar, I wonder if they mean literally between light and darkness in the image, like between a light source and something.

I also considered that but wasn't able to find anything special. I also looked through the map of Salem MA if there is anything that could be mapped to the light/dark metaphor... nada

ekim

The emphasis on THE light and THE dark is also interesting. Why not "what is hidden between light and dark?"

Edit: how about a blacklight - it's basically between light and dark (UV)

Persona7

Banned
I've done everything I can think of to the audio file and the image.

Only thing I noticed was that the end of the audio file kind of sounds like bells when slowed down.

ekim

I've done everything I can think of to the audio file and the image.

Only thing I noticed was that the end of the audio file kind of sounds like bells when slowed down.

I found that too but rather in the middle of the track. Assuming they are going the same way like they did in the last puzzle, the answer to the question "what is hidden between the light and the dark" must be entered in the evidence prompt. Did you take a look into the city Salem, MA? I did but didn't find anything notable that can be connected to the question.

Persona7

Banned
I found that too but rather in the middle of the track. Assuming they are going the same way like they did in the last puzzle, the answer to the question "what is hidden between the light and the dark" must be entered in the evidence prompt. Did you take a look into the city Salem, MA? I did but didn't find anything notable that can be connected to the question.

Yeah, I did some searching but could not come up with anything that fits.

I'm guessing the church bells in the audio file comes into play with a future clue.

Myriadis

I love that already. Seems to be a film noir-like detective game and that's what I would love to see.
That idea here is already awesome.

A lighthouse?

Edit. A friend from MA always refers to any lighthouse as "Light". The specrtogram and the shadow make me think of one too. The light and the dak? The lighthouse and the... Darkroom? Ha :D this is fun.

ekim

Ah. Maybe between the lighthouse and a graveyard? There is actually a graveyard named harmony grove. Just like the antiques shop in the picture.

Top Bottom