• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic - E3 Recap Tread

bjaelke

xITMu.jpg

WHAT TO EXPECT AT E3 2011
Daniel Erickson said:
We have a ton of new content at E3. We will have stations on the show floor for the first time, giving everyone hands-on [time] with Tatooine, a planet we've never shown. We'll have a first look at some boss fights and will be taking the wraps off our end-game content. We are also going to be debuting the grand conclusion to Blur's amazing CG trilogy and will have a few more surprises thrown in as well. It's going to be a big show!
ANNOUNCEMENTS

PRE-E3 ANNOUNCEMENTS

k80mK.jpg

• GAMESPOT LIVE DEMO
    WHEN: JUNE 7TH AT 12PM PT / 3PM ET / 21:00 CEST
    Join us for exclusive demos of the hottest games, interviews with your favorite game developers, and more during day one of our E3 2011 stage show.
    Daniel Erickson said:
    We're not just stuck behind closed doors; we're on the show floor for the first time at E3, so come by and play Tatooine! We'll also be releasing new videos each day of the show and will be doing a live demo on GameSpot on Tuesday, so stay tuned!
  • EA GAMEPLAY DEMO AND Q&A
    WHEN: JUNE 7TH AT 2PM PT / 5PM ET / 23:00 CEST
    Watch the World Premiere of live gameplay of the planet Tatooine. Join Writing Director Daniel Erickson of Star Wars: The Old Republic as he'll play through an exclusive demo, answer questions, and reveal some never-before-seen footage - don't miss it, because we will NOT be archiving this chat!
  • GAMETRAILERS EXCLUSIVE TRAILER
    WHEN: JUNE 7TH AT 4PM PT / 7PM ET / (JUNE 8TH) 01:00 CEST
    Our final hour of live coverage is loaded with surprises. STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC drops an exclusive new trailer, Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg answers Geoff’s questions, and we have a couple of top-secret demos we can’t tell you about just yet -- including some surprises for the PlayStation 3 that will be seen first right here!
  • G4TV LIVE HANDS ON DEMO
    WHEN: JUNE 8TH AT 3PM PT / 6PM ET / 24:00 CEST
    G4's E3 2011 LIVE show on Wednesday focuses on EXCLUSIVE HANDS ON DEMOS and INTERVIEWS from the G4 stage at the convention center. Coverage begins at 6pm ET and runs through 9pm ET, with a special E3-themed episode of Web Soup at 9pm ET. We’ll have LIVE HANDS ON DEMOS of Batman: Arkham City, WWE 2012, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Tekken X Street Fighter, Resistance 3, SSX Deadly Descent, plus a FIRST LOOK AT HORDE MODE for Gears of War 3 and many more.
  • IGN LIVE SHOW
    WHEN: JUNE 9TH AT 11AM PT / 2PM ET / 20:00 CEST
    And as we've done in years past, we'll be running IGN's Live Show throughout E3. GameScoop! founder and editor extraordinaire Daemon Hatfield has put together an impressive list of games -- 49 in total -- for you to see firsthand. Developers from studios around the world will play their games with IGN editors, and you'll get to watch from the comfort of your own home.
ClWZ9.jpg

GAMEPLAY
CG TRAILERS
zn7zV.jpg

ARTICLES
VIDEOS

If necessary, I'll add a screenshot and a podcast section to the thread later. After E3 has been concluded, we'll go back to using Darklord's alpha/beta thread and continue speculating on a release date.

glaurung

Very nice thread bjaelke!

It was weird they would not showcase any game play at the press conference last night, but I guess it means that they still do not feel that confident about the game proper.

Me and my friends were joking that they should release a full-length collection of all the Blur CGI sequences on a separate blu-ray or DVD and that it would outsell the game at launch.

glaurung said:
Very nice thread bjaelke!

It was weird they would not showcase any game play at the press conference last night, but I guess it means that they still do not feel that confident about the game proper.

I think it's mostly because it's an MMO and doing a demo on stage during the conference wouldn't exactly translate well. It's not as fast paced and flashy as other games that publishers and console makers are showing during their conferences. I feel (and I believe BioWare feels the same) that the media needs to try it out for themselves on the show floor to get a sense of how the game will play.

bjaelke

Thanks!
HarryDemeanor said:
I think it's mostly because it's an MMO and doing a demo on stage during the conference wouldn't exactly translate well. It's not as fast paced and flashy as other games that publishers and console makers are showing during their conferences. I feel (and I believe BioWare feels the same) that the media needs to try it out for themselves on the show floor to get a sense of how the game will play.
This. An mmo works much better in a quiet environment. During EA's play test today they'll have time to show and explain more than you could possibly do in a 6 min. stage demo.

Jarmel

Banned
I just can't get that hyped about the game, especially when it could be next year when I get it. I'm sorry I just can't.

The CG trailer was beyond badass though.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
No release date going to be released? Ugh, fucking stupid. Huge event, mainstream media coverage...nah, lets not give out a date so we can let the media get the hype machine going for us!

I can understand both ways.

Why release a date when you aren't at least 70% sure you can hold to it. Then delay later and subject yourself to the further wrath of the internet.

I'd rather not release the date and deal with a steady level of rumblings and grublings then release a bullshit date and break it and deal with a shit storm.

Yasae

Banned
Harry Dresden said:
I can understand both ways.

Why release a date when you aren't at least 70% sure you can hold to it. Then delay later and subject yourself to the further wrath of the internet.

I'd rather not release the date and deal with a steady level of rumblings and grublings then release a bullshit date and break it and deal with a shit storm.
Not having a date this far into the year does indicate more setbacks than anticipated. I'm not expecting a 16 month red carpet like Tomb Raider, but even a season or quarter would be better than nothing.

If we don't hear anything before October, this game is slipping into 2012.

Yasae

Banned
Also, 800k lines of dialogue would certainly bump the audio budget up. Maybe $20M-30 if they got some big actors.

But it ain't half the budget, folks.

bjaelke

Fonds said:
It's beginning?
No Gamespot has still not released a full schedule. I just put in their start time, but will change when I find the schedule. They're showing Dead Island now...

Fonds

bjaelke said:
No Gamespot has still not released a full schedule. I just put in their start time, but will change when I find the schedule. They're showing Dead Island now...

Looks like Farcry 2 is live on both gametrailers and gamespot :p

Where every other game would be WALL OF TEXT when clicking on a mission console, this game just goes all out with Mass Effect style NPC with voicework and dialog options. I want to play this so bad it hurts.

Top Bottom