• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic - E3 Recap Tread

Fonds

Yeh he could've done a lot more than just cruising around on that speeder...

It felt like watching a video of what I mostly do in WoW nowadays. (being bored)

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Thank fucking god Bioware understands what deserts and tundras are supposed to be. I fucking hate zones like Dragonblight in WoW which is supposed to be a barren wasteland but there is a fucking mob or something every five feet. Completely destroys the atmosphere and looks awful.

Jarmel

Banned
piratepwnsninja said:
Said that they are totally on track for a 2011 release. Cool.

So guessing December then. Someone made a comment earlier which I think is true. He essentially said EA might want this in September/October and Bioware can't guarantee that.

Malfunky

Baller said:
Seriously... clickers shouldn't be allowed to work on MMO's.

Wasn't his character, wasn't his spec, so he's not going to know exactly what skills he has or where they're placed. Also, he's demonstrating for an audience the game as a whole, not trying wave his dick around while he pwns scrubs left and right.

These games are designed for "clickers" by the way, so you're probably in the wrong genre.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Gonaria said:
well, guess they werent joking when they said they turned down the graphic settings and the stream made it look like crap because even that hand cam footage looked better

Having shadows turned on makes a huge difference, especially on the canyon walls.

Here's hoping the next live stream is of Alderaan.

Fonds

Malfunky said:
Wasn't his character, wasn't his spec, so he's not going to know exactly what skills he has or where they're placed. Also, he's demonstrating for an audience the game as a whole, not trying wave his dick around while he pwns scrubs left and right.

These games are designed for "clickers" by the way, so you're probably in the wrong genre.

I'd actually rather watch him pwn scrubs left and right while microing his ass off. I watch myself cruising around deserted low lvl areas in MMO's often enough :p

Malfunky

Fonds said:
I'd actually rather watch him pwn scrubs left and right while microing his ass off. I watch myself cruising around deserted low lvl areas in MMO's often enough :p

I can understand that, and I agree for the most part, but some people have pretty unrealistic expectations. This is a writer demonstrating a tiny portion of his game at a marketing event, not an arena livestream. PvP nerds will have to wait like the rest of us.

Malfunky

Trouble said:
I guess I missed it. What was it?

They haven't showed it. The 4 pm mark just denotes their last hour of coverage for the day, with the trailer at some point in that hour.

Alex

E3 really doesnt seem like a good place to demo an MMO. These videos don't really show jack except a bunch of confused people running around, manually clicking abilities and making the whole affair look sluggish and awkward.

Top Bottom