• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic [Releasing Date: Dec 20 NA/EU - NDA Lifted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well preorder boxes are already being sold in some regions so that's obviously not what he meant (unless he was trolling). Maybe he was referring to some of the details like the insane CE price or 3/6 day head start.

kodt

Banned
Woorloog said:
Does that read ATI x1850 or better?
Can someone tell how AMD Turion64x2, 3GB memory and Mobility Radeon HD2600 (or however the name should be formated) compares to the supposed system requirements?
EDIT i mean, do you think my laptop will run the game decently?

Your CPU and RAM should be enough. I think your video card is slower than an X 1800 though.

Jarmel

Banned
Dinosaur Tamer said:
Well preorder boxes are already being sold in some regions so that's obviously not what he meant (unless he was trolling). Maybe he was referring to some of the details like the insane CE price or 3/6 day head start.

They haven't shut anything down yet nor denied anything so I'm thinking it's a minor detail.

markatisu

Gvaz said:
Those system requirements are pretty low.

It probably won't look as good as we have been seeing but it does jive with the developers statements they wanted it to scale to the widest audience (which is why the graphics are cartoony vs real)

Woorloog

Banned
kodt said:
Your CPU and RAM should be enough. I think your video card is slower than an X 1800 though.
You're joking right? Tell me you are.

You're not...

Well, this one's shit anyway. Feels like overheating constantly, headphone jack doesn't work due driver issues or some other shit, Vista's not good even though i rarely have issues due to it.

I hope they delay TOR a bit so that i can get a bit time to get a new laptop...

syoaran

Woorloog said:

You're not...

Well, this one's shit anyway. Feels like overheating constantly, headphone jack doesn't work due driver issues or some other shit, Vista's not good even though i rarely have issues due to it.

I hope they delay TOR a bit so that i can get a bit time to get a new laptop...[

Careful what you wish for...

madara

Where you guys seeing system reqs? All I found so far is:

What are the system requirements for Star Wars: The Old Republic?

While we don’t have the minimum system requirements available just yet, the goal is to make the game playable on most PCs.

I have a geforce 9600 GSO/nforce 680i old combo, wondering how bad the pain will be try run this.

CcrooK said:
I'd go for that. Earlier the better but that seems like a good area to launch.

I believe Reid once said the release date will follow preorders in a matter of hours, days or weeks, but not months. So I guess they will announce a date during the next three weeks. If you add the 4-6 weeks MMORPGs usually take between announcement and launch you end up somewhere in September.

madara said:
Where you guys seeing system reqs? All I found so far is:

What are the system requirements for Star Wars: The Old Republic?

While we don’t have the minimum system requirements available just yet, the goal is to make the game playable on most PCs.

I have a geforce 9600 GSO/nforce 680i old combo, wondering how bad the pain will be try run this.

They are printed on the back of the preorder boxes that some people got a hold on already.

LowParry

Dinosaur Tamer said:
I believe Reid once said the release date will follow preorders in a matter of hours, days or weeks, but not months. So I guess they will announce a date during the next three weeks. If you add the 4-6 weeks MMORPGs usually take between announcement and launch you end up somewhere in September.

Release date will probably get announced at Gamescom. It's 4 weeks out after Comic Con. Hmm. September does look more than likely.

CcrooK said:
True though it is two different audiences to target. That's a lot of income from both franchises if they sell well.

I just don't see it being out the same week as BF3. They might be difference audiences, but I'd guess they are smart enough to give some time for either of them to breath before the other is release. At minimum two weeks either side of BF3. Two weeks after puts it too close to Skyrim (and MW3, but again different audience) so I'm thinking before.

Plus they probably don't want to have the ULTIMATE ORIGIN STRESS TEST with people downloading both TOR and BF3 from their servers at the same time. Another reason there will likely be a break in between.

Woorloog said:
Does that read ATI x1850 or better?
Can someone tell how AMD Turion64x2, 3GB memory and Mobility Radeon HD2600 (or however the name should be formated) compares to the supposed system requirements?
EDIT i mean, do you think my laptop will run the game decently?

You can probably run it on low settings with a relatively low resolution. The requirements are pretty forgiving.

CcrooK said:
Release date will probably get announced at Gamescom. It's 4 weeks out after Comic Con. Hmm. September does look more than likely.

Did not think about gamescom. They could announce it on august the 17/18th (first two days of gamescom) and would still be less than a month away from Thursday's announcement. So Reid would still be right about that. ;)

More than 6 weeks between announcement and launch would be unusual for an MMORPG and they actually said they want to wait with announcing the release date for as long as possible in order to not tip of the competition. So why should they do it more than 4-6 weeks in advance?

Personally, if we do get the preorder stuff tomorrow (and that seems to be very likely), I am pretty sure it will launch in September

Jarmel

Banned
CcrooK said:

Depends if they want to announce it at an American convention. Also depends on what the release date actually is. If the release date is firm then that means that they're just polishing everything up now. Early September would imply a release date tomorrow. Late October than Gamescom or Pax Prime.

Gvaz

Banned
Woorloog said:

You're not...

I hope they delay TOR a bit so that i can get a bit time to get a new laptop...
Get a real PC instead.

Emitan

My laptop has a 9600M. That's still decent enough to run this, right? To clarify: I own a good gaming PC, but a desktop isn't portable.

LowParry

Eh, I'm just going to wait till tomorrow to see what gets announced. They have other panels they do through the week. Will they just get out all of the big announcements on Thursday?

Xamdou

Well they will have to do some sort of pre-order promotion soon to gauge the initial success of the game. Pre-order to get beta access as well as extra pre-order bonuses is the best way to see how many people will buy the game on day one.

Yaska

Xamdou said:
Well they will have to do some sort of pre-order promotion soon to gauge the initial success of the game. Pre-order to get beta access as well as extra pre-order bonuses is the best way to see how many people will buy the game on day one.
I will already buy the game day one. Just let me preorder my damn CE.

Indeed. There was a picture showing a regular digital edition and a digital deluxe edition on Origin. Should be pretty save to say there will be a digital CE. We just can't be sure what's included and how expensive it is.

Morn

Banned
Dinosaur Tamer said:
Indeed. There was a picture showing a regular digital edition and a digital deluxe edition on Origin. Should be pretty save to say there will be a digital CE. We just can't be sure what's included and how expensive it is.

Seeing as how EA claims that it's more expensive to sell games digitally; I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to sell the digital CE for $150.

Emitan

Morn said:
Seeing as how EA claims that it's more expensive to sell games digitally; I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to sell the digital CE for $150.
jackie-chan-MY-BRAIN-IS-FULL-OF-FUCK.jpg

antonz

Morn said:
Probably sadly. The Digital CE of Mass Effect 3 is same price as the shipped

Woorloog

Banned
Cake place claims the graphics card requirements are
Video: ATI XT800 or better / NVIDIA 7800 or better / Intel 4100 or better. 256 MB minimum video RAM, shader 3.0 or better fully compatible graphics card.
And it does seem right. Maybe, a bit hard to say.
http://i53.tinypic.com/jzgv81.jpg <- the pic with system requirements

If i understood correctly, XT800 is older than whatever HD2600 is based on. So maybe my laptop has a chance to run TOR decently (at least without lame small resolution) after all? (I'm, uh, hopeless with graphics cards and terminlogy related on them.)

kodt

Banned
Woorloog said:
Cake place claims the graphics card requirements are
Video: ATI XT800 or better / NVIDIA 7800 or better / Intel 4100 or better. 256 MB minimum video RAM, shader 3.0 or better fully compatible graphics card.
And it does seem right. Maybe, a bit hard to say.
http://i53.tinypic.com/jzgv81.jpg <- the pic with system requirements

If i understood correctly, XT800 is older than whatever HD2600 is based on. So maybe my laptop has a chance to run TOR decently (at least without lame small resolution) after all? (I'm, uh, hopeless with graphics cards and terminlogy related on them.)

Yeah the X1800 is older than your card. But it was a higher end ATI card where yours is more of a mid-range ATI card as well as a mobile card (which are usually a bit slower). So even though it is newer, it is a little slower. I think your card supports DX10 though and the X1800 only supports DX9.

You might still be able to run the game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom