• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
protoss topping korean? First time since... ever!

edit :
december 2010
*looks at the last time zerg topped korea*
xVoRY.gif

Elcheris

Neo Member
Hey guys its been a while. Ive been thinking about getting back into sc, maybe playing a different race to switch it up. Is NA GAF still very active? I'd like to practice a lot before hitting the ladder and tanking my MMR =)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
August 2011 wasn't that long ago lol.

those bars being 3month averages are deceptive. >_>

as a consolation, i'll just say that this is the first time ever that zerg has topped the international winrates.

edit: idras already left for korea apparently

Hey guys its been a while. Ive been thinking about getting back into sc, maybe playing a different race to switch it up. Is NA GAF still very active? I'd like to practice a lot before hitting the ladder and tanking my MMR =)

Yeah there was a pretty good showing at GAF night last week. I'm only in diamond but i can probably give you a few matches against zerg or protoss to help you get back into the swing of things.

You know who I miss?

FruitDealer.

He might make it back into code A this season :(.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Faster X.264
8, 2500, 4500
720p or equivalent resolution. You can try 1050 as well.

44.1 stereo MP3
192000 bitrate

See how that goes.

What's the 8, 2500 and 4500? Bitrates?
Also, output resolution of 720p?

I'll give it a shot but I don't see them working honestly.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Quality 8, next is bitrates. FPS at 25 if you haven't. 22 is passable too.
If you look at the settings window it will line up.
1368x720 or 768 depending on setting. I just use the 720 option under the global xSplit setting.

Also overclock your damn CPU. Try fastest if you still have trouble.

Tashi

Quality 8, next is bitrates. FPS at 25 if you haven't. 22 is passable too.
If you look at the settings window it will line up.
1368x720 or 768 depending on setting. I just use the 720 option under the global xSplit setting.

Also overclock your damn CPU. Try fastest if you still have trouble.

Ugh I know, I have an after market cooler in there too. I just didn't want to take the time to learn it and then I totally forgot about it. Gonna try to get it to 4.0ghz.

Thanks. Gonna probably try these settings tonight.

Rubashov

I'm so bad at this game now. It's disgusting. I need to build my own slayers house for a week to get back in shape.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm so bad at this game now. It's disgusting. I need to build my own slayers house for a week to get back in shape.

That's what winter break is for. Gotta get the rust off for HoTS.

Tashi

OK, I'm going to do some reading and research, then I'm going to attempt to overclock my CPU. Wish me luck! 4.0GHZ here I come!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OK, I'm going to do some reading and research, then I'm going to attempt to overclock my CPU. Wish me luck! 4.0GHZ here I come!
See you when you have a new computer :D!

Tashi

Ok wtf. I'm going into my bios, changing settings and all that good stuff and then I notice at the top there are presets Optimized for certain speeds.

Turbo 4.0
Turbo 4.2
Turbo 4.4
all the way up to 4.8. lol I guess I should just try one of those?

Tashi

No. Read the clunk guide in the PC OP.

Why not? I was doing the clunk guide until I saw the presets. I have it running right now and I'm doing the stress test and monitoring the temperatures.

47 55 52 51

4.2ghz

edit: Ok so I went back into the bios to do it manually. Set the CPU to 4.2ghz but with the Voltage, it's not as simple as Auto or Manual. There's fixed and offset. I'm guessing I use Fixed as the main voltage. Anyway, set that to whatever it was in the clunk guide and it crashed. Gonna go a higher voltage and check it out

:D

did you win?

Yup. 15h into lings and banes. He went with a weird composition of M&M and Banshees. His micro was good and he pulled off some nice drop harass but he didn't do enough to stop me from getting the gold and third (behind the rocks). I crushed his last big push and he left without gg'ing lol.

I was bummed because I had hidden burrowed banelings in the mineral lines of the gold and expansion behind his rocks, but he never expanded there. He just stayed on two bases. BUT in my next game I burrowed banelings at the gold and third expansions on Xel Naga Caverns. I killed about 20 workers right as they transferred to a Toss' third base, and he insta quit lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Why not? I was doing the clunk guide until I saw the presets. I have it running right now and I'm doing the stress test and monitoring the temperatures.

47 55 52 51

4.2ghz

edit: Ok so I went back into the bios to do it manually. Set the CPU to 4.2ghz but with the Voltage, it's not as simple as Auto or Manual. There's fixed and offset. I'm guessing I use Fixed as the main voltage. Anyway, set that to whatever it was in the clunk guide and it crashed. Gonna go a higher voltage and check it out
Auto massively overcompensates on the voltages usually.

Set it to offset 0.000V change your multiplier to 42.
Lets say you get a reading of 1.36V in CPU-Z

Go into the BIOS and set the offset setting to -0.02V
Booting into Windows gets you 1.34V (loaded)

Use that + or - to get 1.30V at 4.2Ghz and see if it is stable under a load program.

Tashi

Use that + or - to get 1.30V at 4.2Ghz and see if it is stable under a load program.

Gotcha

K so there is no offset of 0.000.

Multiplier is 42. I set the offset to -.020.

Running Prime95 and getting a voltage of 1.272V - 1.280V

However, before I did all this I was using fixed mode. Does the number I put in fixed mode stick if I put it to offset mode?

BTW, this is really cool stuff lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

We dont need roads where we are going

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Gotcha

K so there is no offset of 0.000.

Multiplier is 42. I set the offset to -.020.

Running Prime95 and getting a voltage of 1.272V - 1.280V

However, before I did all this I was using fixed mode. Does the number I put in fixed mode stick if I put it to offset mode?

BTW, this is really cool stuff lol
Ok you are done. Congratulations. YOU WIN.

Offset allows the CPU to revert to a low voltage state to save energy. It's good.

Zzoram

FruitDealer just isn't that good and I don't expect to ever seem him again.

The other GSL winners are all much better today than when they first won GSL, while Fruitdealer doesn't seem to have kept up with the pace of improvement.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
FruitDealer just isn't that good and I don't expect to ever seem him again.

The other GSL winners are all much better today than when they first won GSL, while Fruitdealer doesn't seem to have kept up with the pace of improvement.

Drinking all your money away can do that :p

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Whoa whoa, stream is not a go. Fuckin framerate is still dropping in the stream. Shit is super annoying.
Really? Maybe I've just super underrated your GPU, what is it? What FPS do you get normally? You are streaming and not doing a local recording on the same HDD the game is running from... right?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
These are my settings on a 1.2 megabit UL.

Faster X.264
8, 1000, 1800
Default [1280x720 (Under View -> Resolution)]
FPS 25

44.1 stereo MP3
96000 bitrate

See how that goes. Are you using twitch.tv/justin.tv? Are you running SC II in fullscreen windowed mode and capturing that screen region?

Example from me: http://www.twitch.tv/vggaming/b/293975423
View my brilliance.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I know right? Also I missed the EMP because B.Net is laggy. Just throwing that out there. Also the P made a 3rd Nexus.

*Set your stream to be 80% of your low-max UL speed. 800kbps looks pretty decent. 950 looks the same as 1000 to me.

Tashi

These are my settings on a 1.2 megabit UL.

Faster X.264
8, 1000, 1800
Default [1280x720 (Under View -> Resolution)]
FPS 25

44.1 stereo MP3
96000 bitrate

See how that goes. Are you using twitch.tv/justin.tv? Are you running SC II in fullscreen windowed mode and capturing that screen region?

Example from me: http://www.twitch.tv/vggaming/b/293975423
View my brilliance.

K, I'll try it. I'm using twitch.tv yea.

http://www.twitch.tv/tashiii

I'm using it in full screen mode and capturing the whole screen. 1680x1050

Wow, full screen windowed was the key. Stream is fixed. Day is saved.<3

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm surprised xSplit actually captured in fullscreen. It usually just doesn't work.
Also run fullscreen windowed in every game forever now. Streaming especially windowed is waaaaaaaaay better.

Now you can crank your settings superhigh and do whatever you want.

Tashi

I'm surprised xSplit actually captured in fullscreen. It usually just doesn't work.
Also run fullscreen windowed in every game forever now. Streaming especially windowed is waaaaaaaaay better.

Now you can crank your settings superhigh and do whatever you want.

Yea I'm going to spend the next few days mixing and matching the settings to get them where I want them to be. Thanks everyone!

Top Bottom