• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

So today are the finals for the tournament I'm helping with, Conn.Si Arena Season 1. The stream will start at 17:00 CET (11:00 EST) and it can also be found under events on teamliquid site :)

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/ConnVision

So if you have time, feel free to watch a game or seven.

Liquipedia link for info: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Conn.Si_Arena_Season_1

edit: Looks like you're the only one in EU NeoGAF profit :D

Will there be VODs? I'm at work

cdyhybrid

HotS story/new trailer spoilers:

So it looks like Kerrigan gets turned into a human at the end of WoL, but still wants revenge on Mengsk, and the Terrans (aside from Raynor's crew?) end up coming after her, so she says fuck it and goes back to the Zerg to stay alive and to allow her to get Mengsk, also because the Terrans still consider her Zerg. Is that what anyone else got from it?

Aaron

I watched Polt vs HerO. Wasn't even close. Polt's multitasking and micro were off the charts. Didn't even do anything fancy. Just the solid control that makes the best terran look unbeatable.

Vaporak

No doubt HOTS will boost playing and viewer numbers. They will just drop off again if the game disappoints though. Hopefully blizzard keeps adding stuff and getting balance somewhat decent.

Fuck that, Blizzard needs to make having mechanically and strategically interesting matchups priority number one. The golden era of WoL was when Terran was obviously OP, but that didn't stop MMA vs DRG from being amazing to watch.

Fuck that, Blizzard needs to make having mechanically and strategically interesting matchups priority number one. The golden era of WoL was when Terran was obviously OP, but that didn't stop MMA vs DRG from being amazing to watch.

Yeah i agree with that and i've stated my opinion about that on here before (that making matchups interesting is more important than balance). If anything the most important thing to me is making teams better able to defend in small numbers and encouraging more harass and less death ball 1A syndrome.

Still waiting for that siege tank buff lol.

Aaron

Not that I was using it, but my battle.net account is fucked. Blizzard sent me an e-mail about it being locked for suspicious activity, so I go to the site and go through the account reset stuff, which is supposed to end with them sending me an e-mail... which never arrives. Tried multiple times, I have no filters that would block the e-mail, and this whole thing started from the e-mail they sent me. Try to submit a case for my inability to log in AND THEY WANT ME TO LOG IN.

I can buy SC2 for cheap and create another account, but it's pretty terrible support they have there.

Edit: I log out of my e-mail, and log back in, and there they all are over two days. WTF.

zeox

is there a neogaf group? I could really use some practice before a tournament I have coming up this weekend. I haven't played it a while T_T

as for replays, I use http://drop.sc/ and love it.
you drop them here: C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\StarCraft II\Accounts\SOMENUMBER\SOMEOTHERNUMBER\Replays\Multiplayer

there is usually a shortcut for specific accounts in the Starcraft II folder

EDIT:
looks like drop.sc isn't as active as it used to be. this list will probably be of some use: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Replay_Websites

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
ah a freshly installed sc2, is there any site that gives beta keys for hots with a pre-order? Id love to get in on it pre release to sharpen up

Chris R

Cool, thanks for clarifying!

Also for SC2 single player, game saves are hosted on the battle.net server?

Game saves are local, but progress in the campaign is on the server. Things NOT stored on the server though are your in-between mission purchases like upgrades and mercs (so wait until you are about to play a mission to do all the buying/research).

Source: Me.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Agh, I need to reinstall Starcraft these trailers are just too good.

So lvl each race to lvl 5 in the SC: HOTS beta to get the exclusive avatar for the actual game right?

So now they can punish their long term fans who didn't get into the beta even more :D. Thanks blizz. Thankfully i don't care about avatars or being in the beta but it still seems like a dick move.

You can get in by preordering, any "long term fan" would have got in by now.

Are you serious? I don't usually pre-order games especially when i don't know when i will actually have the time to play it, i don't think that precludes me from being a "long term fan".

I guess it's similar to giving out a free bonus to people who pre-order your game but i still don't really like it. I'm not really worried about it, i'll still just be running with my usual baneling, zealot or scv portrait lol.

Are you serious? I don't usually pre-order games especially when i don't know when i will actually have the time to play it, i don't think that precludes me from being a "long term fan".

I guess it's similar to giving out a free bonus to people who pre-order your game but i still don't really like it. I'm not really worried about it, i'll still just be running with my usual baneling, zealot or scv portrait lol.

Comon dude this is neogaf, and we are in the starcraft thread. Most "fans" of any game on gaf would preorder to play the beta of almost any game they were hyped up to play.

Either way it's not that big a deal.

Top Bottom