• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series 2014 – America, Europe & Korea Season 1

Is anyone watching crank vs nestea? I know it's said often but it's hard to believe these are pro players. If you told me that was 2 random masters players i wouldn't have believed you (because the quality was too low). Terrible injects, no creep spread, super late spores (lost tons of drones to an oracle) and just the strangest choice of army compositions and expansion timings. Then nestea was just randomly walking 15-20 drones to an expansion before it was built and losing them for free.

Nestea i'm not so surprised but i thought crank was at least decent, that was as poor a game as you'll ever see at the pro level.

Edit: Hahahaha, crank just got his first zealot trapped in game 2. This is just hilarious, what's going on here. Now he got a sentry stuck as well so had to break the pylon to get out. This is just getting out of control.

And now crank GG's out on equal bases and up on probes. What a clusterfuck of a game.

HerO vs Innovation on right now. Got up earlier than normal today and I don't really care about anyone else in this group so this will probably be the only match I watch.

There was a lot of stupid that series. In game one herO started a Robo after his Blink all-in failed but then cancelled it for some reason. I'm shocked Innovation didn't EBay block in game 2. Pulling SCV's with that many Colossi was stupid but his economy was about to be shot anyways since he had nothing for the DT's. In game 3 Innovation somehow got supply blocked at 19/19. I have no idea why herO delayed Colossi range which is why he lost his early Colossi. At that point Innovation should have picked up what he had left and SCV pulled since he was already behind in economy.

Zen

Banned
Why in the name of god will players never combine fungals with blinding cloud.

and why isn't squirtle using recall to kill bases and return home instantly, or having built warp point nexi to get a great position.

Group A looks like the group of death outside on Classic. 3 of the top 8 players from last season in the same group. Feel bad that one of PartinG, soO, and herO won't make round of 8. Group B I'll be surprised if both Rain and Life don't make it out. If Maru can avoid True I think he gets out of the group pretty easily, and I'll take Dark over True in a ZvZ. Innovation opening against Zest is brutal but I'd take him over Soulkey to make it to round of 8.

Syf

Banned
Could be BabyKnight's last games of SC2 today. He's moving to Dota 2 after his WCS run ends. EU starting now.

Code S is on in about 15 minutes. Hopefully my internet connection doesn't go to shit this time. Tough group for Maru. TRUE has amazing ZvT and Dark 2-0'd Bbyong twice in round of 32.

Aaron

So do you still think that the hellion buff won't change much?
Of course I completely missed that match. Caught the first two, and they looked pretty even with Maru having an advantage in the early game, and Dark doing better in the late game.

Better than the EU tvzs at least. MMA especially was playing lousy.

Dark should still advance unless his zvz is total garbage.

Missed the first half of game 2 because my internet crapped out but what an awful game by Rain. First game must have had him shook. Stupid of him to go for a base race when Solar had the bank to hide bases forever.

Last round of 16 group of Code S is on in an hour. Wish the first two match ups were switched. Worst case scenario is Soulkey or Shine finishes first and Innovation finishes second. That would give us all mirror match-ups in round of 8 and one in round of 4 guaranteeing a Zerg in the finals.

Aaron

After the last group, I expect Shine to get out first.

Edit: Problem with hellbats is they can't split for shit.

Syf

Banned
GSL playoffs opening night. Anyone else up for it?

S3zZY4F.png

Aaron

I basically haven't watched any GSL / WCS lately due to the lack of terrans. I caught a little of Maru's series, but overall the matchups feel really stale and dull. Zvz has always been kind of boring, and I've seen so much zvp lately that I'm good on that for the next few months at least.

Holy fuck at the control by soO and the choke by Solar. The only way soO could open greedier was double hatch before pool and he still barely lost any drones.

SoO is schooling Solar right now.

That was the most lopsided best of 5 in a long time. Also did soO lose weight?

That was awful from soO. He kept being too timid to commit to Classic's 2nd or 3rd and lost a ton of his ground army for almost nothing.

Not sure if GSL finals or random gold best of 7.

This series is hilariously awful.

Top Bottom