• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series 2014 – America, Europe & Korea Season 1

SamuraiX-

HyuN deserves it, man. Works so hard. Can't believe this is only his second tournament win.

Defeated guys like TaeJa, Revival, ByuL and Alicia on his way to the chip.

Can't believe he was actually considering retirement only a few months ago because of that bull shit with Quantic.

Now that $25k is all his! Enjoy it, baby!

SamuraiX-

Also, for those who missed it:

Hzvy329.png

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I had to get groceries so I missed the last game. Anywhere to watch it? I must see this. Zerg 4 lyfe.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
tbh that ending was pretty awkward with oz standing off to the side trying to hold in the tears

Syf

Banned
Finally time for Flash's code A group. It's the second one tonight. First group starts in ~30 mins. I don't usually stay up for the second group but gonna have to tonight.

GO FLASH

SamuraiX-

Did not at all expect Curious to get his shit pushed in by RagnaroK. That came out of nowhere but was still a very one-sided 2-0.

Let's see how he fairs against Rogue.

SamuraiX-

Seems like he's doing pretty good.

He 2-0'd Terminator and Dream in the qualifiers to get here so he's looking like he's playing some of the best SC2 of his career. He only made it to Code S once before.

Damn, what solid ZvZ though. Curious and especially Rogue are definitely not pushovers like RagnaroK just made them look.

SamuraiX-

Forgot this was on any only caught the last game. No idea why Rogue had almost no Zerglings when he scouted the early gas.

I looked away but it looked like RagnaroK faked a three Hatch build while going for a fast gold expo... then he cancelled the gold expo and just made 40 lings???

Pretty bawse strat if so.

I looked away but it looked like RagnaroK faked a three Hatch build while going for a fast gold expo... then he cancelled the gold expo and just made 40 lings???

Pretty bawse strat if so.

He was going mass Speedling before he built the gold base and got scouted, plus we don't know if RagnaroK even saw he got scouted.

When will Zerg learn to immediately transition out of Ling/Muta/Corruptor when Protoss makes Archon's?

Aaron

Such a poor response to swarm hosts when hydra had almost no anti-air.

... and Flash is down to losers in a flash. That was a sneaky strat.

Syf

Banned
Ugh, Flash. ;-;

I thought he'd make code S this season. Been looking good in proleague and he didn't have a very hard group. Oh well.. looking like another bleak code S showing for terran, especially if tonight's group goes badly.

SamuraiX-

Ugh, Flash. ;-;

I thought he'd make code S this season. Been looking good in proleague and he didn't have a very hard group. Oh well.. looking like another bleak code S showing for terran, especially if tonight's group goes badly.

Yeah, hopefully at least TY and FanTaSy manage to advance.

I'm really disappointed in Cure, Reality and Flash. None had particularly difficult groups. :-/

SamuraiX-

These new maps like Waystation and Merry Go Round are fucking awesome.

They've made for some great TvTs.

Waystation, in particular, looks like it'll make for some epic Marine-Tank TvTs in the future.

Finally a Zerg goes pool first on Habitation Station against Terran.

True reacted WAY too late to Supernova going mech and stood 0 chance against that deathball.

True should have remaxed with Swarm Hosts the first time. He easily had the bank and Supernova wasn't maxed yet to just charge across the map.

Skipping the next match, will watch the final one.

Syf

Banned
He didn't handle the mech play very well. Good to see a third terran make it through code A though, just two more left now. 'Grats Supernova. Going to bed but gl TY.

SamuraiX-

SuperNova somehow manages to sneak into Code S yet again. It just never fails. Sadly, I'll look forward to his eventually Ro32/Ro16 exit.

Mess up all you want, zerg, muta bane is unbeatable. And boy is True messing this up.

I missed parts of that game but Muta's didn't do that much damage outside of the beginning. The problem was Hellbat's do shit against mass Baneling and True was able to just plow over them.

Aaron

Mutas caused constant harassment, even though many of them died, and they took down a lot of medivacs, weakening drops. Keeping the terran econ down let zergs blow their load on banes, and still be ahead in bank.

TY needs some time with the bane split trainer.

TY could not harass True at all outside of the Reaper/Hellion run by.

Wow next group has no one noteworthy outside of maybe Squirtle. Not sure if I'll watch or not.

Wedge7

OH MY GOD

Lol, honestly one of those mistakes that a "better" player would make, whereas a lower skill guy would never make.

Top Bottom