• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series 2014 – America, Europe & Korea Season 1

Good early group. Think Trap and either Symbol or Billowy will come out of it.

LOL at that build. Built a proxy Nexus so he could recall his Colossi there to not get caught in the middle of the map.

Overgrowth seems like an extremely generic map other than the gold bases. Billowy should have recalled immediately when he got surrounded.

Awful choke by Symbol. Took the worst possible fight twice and was still leading until the 3rd one.

Lol what an awful strat by hitmaN.

lol Derek were you the only one watching? I'm gonna wait for the 2nd group for the last of the Terrans.

Twitch has been sucking on my phone recently so I haven't really been able to watch the second groups lately.

hitmaN was just outclassed that series.

Great Oracle harass won that game for Trap.

Awful Muta control cost hitmaN that game.

Aaron

Those widow mines hit like a half dozen perfect banelings. Lucky Fantasy.

I imagine Flash watching this series and going, "WTF? Easy win for terran!"

SamuraiX-

FanTaSy so slick hiding that Widow Mine. Can't believe every Terran isn't do that at this point. It's too easy for Protoss to spot burrowed mines nowadays.

Striek

Fantasy played well also? Lol?

His entire engagement policy was cloak every ghost, hope you've killed all their obs and (edit) 1a 1ta.

Aaron

I'm not sure what the answer is to that comp. Bio gets stormed and burned. Vikings get stormed and zapped by phoenixes. Ravens are too fragile to last long enough to have any impact. Even widow mines are no good with the insane range of the tempests.

Fantasy played like garbage the whole series.

Edit: These protoss builds scare me. RIP in peace other races.

This may well be the lowest quality match i've seen since the first ever GSL. My god this is awful.

Edit: I can't remember the last time i've ever seen a pro player float minerals like this. Scratch that i can't remember the last time i saw a player i faced on the ladder float minerals like that. I don't know what happened to fantasy but i honestly can't remember watching a series this bad.

Awful games from Tails.

Horrible harass from Bbyong. Built 10 Hellions and didn't even kill a Queen.

Great early hold by Dark. Also smart to skip armor upgrades to get both melee and ranged. Sniping the only Armory early was huge too.

Syf

Banned
Gotta say the EU and AM premier leagues are shaping up nicely so far in terms of racial distribution. Just about even representation for all three races. With the hellion/hellbat buff coming, it looks like things might finally be balancing out.

just don't look at GSL

Aaron

ToD just demolished Targa, beating him 3-0 with some crazy multitasking. His DTs and zealots were all over the map. Poor Targa couldn't save his hatches from harass and defend against ToD's monster army at the same time.

survivor

Banned
Targa was just bad, you gotta learn to adapt when you realize your strategy isn't working. Instead he opted to do the same thing 3 times in a row and kept getting owned.

Aaron

Pretty dull series from what I watched. Rain and Stork advance, with the latter just narrowly making it through. Rain crushed his opposition with no real effort.

Don't really like ZvZ but looking forward to Life vs Rogue tonight more than any other round of 32 match except maybe herO vs Innovation.

Life is the best at Ling/Baneling control. Game 2 was one of the worst games I've seen him play in awhile though.

Syf

Banned
WCS AM groups announced:

kYdPPS7.jpg

Very good racial distribution aside from a couple groups. Should be fun!

Aaron

Solid anti-protoss build by gumiho. Hits before storm, uses a combo of SCVs and hellbats to buffer his mostly marines with just enough vikings to clear the collossi. While Billowy made the mistake of counterattacking when he needed those units at home.

Stupid strat my Myungsik both games. I don't see the appeal of Immortal drops at all in PvT and in game 2 he scouted the early Factory and should have just gone Robo.

Aaron

Yep, what I expected from Solar. Nice for Supernova, but I expect Parting will smash him.

Ugh, Supernova blew the final game by doing the most obvious thing in the world.

Been about a year and a half since I followed anything Starcraft related but have been gaining interest again lately. I'm hoping its just because I'm tired but far out the new system is confusing. Prize pool seems kind of weak, would expect blizzard to be able to do much more.

Aaron

Lack of terran continues to hurt my interest. I want a big shake up, but the new expansion is probably very far away.

Top Bottom