• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft: Remastered |OT| Evolution Complete

Anyone know if it's possible to play with the original portraits and, even more importantly, the sound? They didn't revoice the units, did they? Brood War's audio direction is godlike, IMO, and a big reason why I never liked SC2 as much.

Ql80mwN.png

These two options will be available after remaster launches. Sadly you can't play with old portraits in HD graphics.

Don't forget the launch event live stream also happening today! (Stole this from the thread I made for it that's tanked into oblivion.) (Also added it to the 2nd post of this thread so more people can see it.)

https://starcraft.com/en-us/articles/20975166

The world-wide launch of StarCraft: Remastered approaches! On Monday, August 14 through Tuesday. August 15, we welcome you to join us as we bring some of the storied StarCraft: Brood War personalities and players together for a 2-day hang-out extravaganza over StarCraft: Remastered. Below we've put together details to help you get ready for this broadcasted LAN-party celebrating the re-release of a game which caused us to re-imagine what it meant to be a gamer.

Stream Location & Schedule
Twitch.tv/day9tv

Monday, August 14
12 p.m. to 9 p.m. PDT

Tuesday, August 15
12 p.m. to 9 p.m. PDT

Hosts/Casters: Sean 'Day[9]' Plott and Nick 'Tasteless' Plott

Players:
Legionnaire
Draco
G5
Nyoken
Ret
White-Ra

Both!: Dan 'Artosis' Stemkoski and Geoff 'iNcontroL' Robinson

Game Release:
Greetings,

To manage expectation: the maintenance starts at 10 - there will be no downtime - but based on current progress of migration into the Blizzard App the actual live moment will be around 1 PM PDT.

Cheers,
Classic Games

U98LQ1X8YOWL1502485516346.png

Starcraft 1 is still my favorite game of all time because of all the hours I spent on UMS and how good the campaign was, can't wait to buy this, I'm sure it will still run even on my middling PC

calder

Oh shit, I just realized I can do my favourite BW thing again: play against 7 AI on BGH as Toss and use a Dark Archon to mind control a enemy SCV and do a classic max army carriers + battlecruisers.

Did that so many times, never got bored of it lol.

RowdyReverb

I'm really excited by the prospect of playing SC with modern, fast, and reliable internet. No more getting booted for my 56K red ping

Trying to remember all my favorite UMS maps...

Raccoon City
some sort of RE Nemesis game
MtG Enigma
Final Fantasy III
Archon Tag
Test of Survival
The Thing

...probably a lot more. Glory days. Just thinking about this makes me want to reinstall Diablo 2 as well. Heh.

Looks like the maintenance has started, hurry uuuuuuuup.

Actually idk..

Greetings,

To manage expectation: the maintenance starts at 10 - there will be no downtime - but based on current progress of migration into the Blizzard App the actual live moment will be around 1 PM PDT.

Cheers,
Classic Games

Werd

Newer mod post on the forums says the process is about to start but it may not actually appear for another ~3 hours.

Weird launch.. seems like it should have appeared in the launcher some time ago, had a pre-load, an official stated release date/time listed there (all it says in the store is by the end of August), etc. A bit outdated to just have people waiting around for it to appear at some random point. Oh well, doesn't matter long term and I wouldn't be playing it until the evening anyway.

Watching some 4K clips I think the remastered graphics are a bit hit or miss depending on the map, exact units in play and such. Some clips look great, others a bit off. Regardless, was an easy buy at $15 and I'm looking forward to trying it out. I never finished the campaign playing the original release, and am curious how I'll fair at trying out the MP matchmaking. Decent enough at SC2, but mechanics weren't my strength and obviously this is much less streamlined than that. Really just did some misc. custom games at the time.

Preordered right now just to get the bonuses :p

I remember beating the campaign using cheat codes as a child so looking forward to finish it without using any codes.

Also, I suck at MP so custom games FTW.

Desert Strike here I come.

So I want to be Terran and never played much competitive SC1. Now that there will be competition I was looking for some advice.

Is there a general build order that works on all maps and races that I can default to when being lazy?

I like cheese build orders that would work on all maps races is that a thing?

Is there a general build order for each race?

I'm looking to start easy and will soon look for build orders that go against certain races and tech choices they make. In the meantime I want something like the above mentioned build orders that will improve my mechanics and just help me get back into the groove.

I kno liquidpedia has a bunch of build orders but I'm overwhelmed and just want something simple and general that works okay on all matchups and maps.

Any help appreciated

bounchfx

starcraft practically raised me and alongside doom and diablo, is what PC gaming was to me

for some reason I thought this was going to be a free update, or free for some users for some reason. not sure why. $15 is a great price though. I've probably owned 5 copies of the original so it feels weird buying it AGAIN but eh whatever

Stevey

starcraft practically raised me and alongside doom and diablo, is what PC gaming was to me

for some reason I thought this was going to be a free update, or free for some users for some reason. not sure why. $15 is a great price though. I've probably owned 5 copies of the original so it feels weird buying it AGAIN but eh whatever

The original is free now.

F34R

Finally found my old bnet account lol. Thankfully I do have the SC:Anthology on there. Installed. Purchased the remaster. Just in time for it to be a pre-purchase.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I played so much of the original online on the day of release. I have some of the best memories tied to this game and getting the chance to play with the top players in the world during those first few ladder seasons.

Showed on my launcher, 4GB.

I am sure they didn't said anything about the cinematics because we are going to be surprised by the all new remade cinematics.

Top Bottom