• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft: Remastered |OT| Evolution Complete

Just got an update for about 800MB on the blizzard app for Starcraft.

4252160ff3435d2597757c601163bf91.jpg

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOO

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Oh man, I set the command center rally point on minerals, and SCVs just sit at the minerals instead of automatically mining. I forgot how to do all this.

Edit: Nvm, I guess the original SC never had auto-mining. I don't remember that at all.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Real-Time Lighting needs 2.2GB of VRAM or else you can´t activate it. How does it look?

Really? That's unexpected. I think I just barely meet that requirement with my GPU. We'll see once I finish installing.

God damn. Who would have thought fucking Starcraft would be the game that makes me need to upgrade from my 760.

calder

Surreptitiously watching the twitch stream on my phone... day9, tastless and artosis and i'm losing my mind it's so awesome why am i at work

EDIT: this is bullshit smh nerf lurkers now smh

Rizific

If I'm only interested in the single player campaign, should I play SC or sc2? Don't care about story, just want a fun campaign

AndersK

If I'm only interested in the single player campaign, should I play SC or sc2? Don't care about story, just want a fun campaign

1 is harder, but very good.

2 is honestly better, if you Only care about the gameplay. Missions are incredibly varied. Anything else, 1 does mostly better.

Syf

Banned
So

Is the music re-arranged or not?

Is there any place we can listen to it?
It's the resampled original soundtrack that's in SC2, thankfully. Apparently they listened to the feedback about not wanting the alternate take they posted a while back.

Welp, every time I try to see the cinematic intro of SC and Broodwar, the game crashes :(

OSX btw.
Sucks. :( Maybe post that in the bugs forum.

So

Is the music re-arranged or not?

Is there any place we can listen to it?

Just tried campaign and a custom offline and music is the original soundtrack thank goodness!

I've come across two annoying bugs at least on macOS - every time I launch the game from the Blizzard launcher, it launches in a tiny window even though I've set the game to launch in full screen. I can fix this by changing it from fullscreen to windowed to fullscreen back again but it happens every time I start the game.

The second bug is that if I use the keyboard arrows to move around the map then immediately try and use my mouse or trackpad, the cursor gets stuck - I have to wait a second after I stop moving around the map with the keyboard and then move the mouse. If I use only the mouse to move around the map, then there isn't an issue.

nkarafo

It's the resampled original soundtrack that's in SC2, thankfully. Apparently they listened to the feedback about not wanting the alternate take they posted a while back.
That's too bad. I wouldn't mind listening to a higher quality - re-arranged SC1 OST. Besides, if i didn't like it i could probably just change it with the original music, seems you can do that in the game with the graphics already.

The re-sampled original soundtrack is still low fidelity.

OK I never got to play this properly and I severely regret it, this remaster is fantastic and the realtime F5 to switch between before and then is crazy and cool to compare them from time to time.

I just now saw the preorder bonus thing for the first time.

Does that mean I now forever miss out on the preorder skins because I happened to not see anything about the game or its release date until now?

Because seriously fuck that shit. Not buying now.

Top Bottom