• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Decay XBLA second fastest selling game in XBLA history.

Dingotech

it looks interesting enough, i'll try it out if it comes to PC

too bad it's fugly as shit, but that hardly matters when it comes to these games

+1 (Not port begging!)

I really want to try it but I've pretty well given up on my 360 gaming this gen, playing more on my PC and PS3/Vita.

I'm glad it's doing really well for the devs, looks great. :)

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
When will people tire of fucking zombies? Can't this happen already?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
for those of you who are playing it; do you kinda wish this game had multiplayer?

I think co-op improves just about every game, but it doesn't feel like I'm missing much here without it. It's already my favorite XBLA game and a ridiculously good value at $20.

Likely to pick it up on PC if it has co op.

I tried the demo on 360, it was just so janky and horrible looking. I watched GiantBomb's quicklook and it did look pretty fun though (and hilarious).

Silky

Banned
I must be completely out of the loop. I haven't heard about this game until just now.

Undead Labs was pretty secret about their dev process on the game, other than a few shaky cam pics of the game. I've been following the game since...early 2012, maybe? The process from watching it be Class3 to what is now is really interesting.

Not to mention I'm pretty sure State of Decay launched in the worst window for press. Last of Us hype, approaching E3, etc....Still it's suprising it's doing so well. (Though it could be because Zombies = Sales.)

for those of you who are playing it; do you kinda wish this game had multiplayer?

Actually, no. The game is much more rewarding and enjoyable playing alone.

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. Even just have ONE more friend in the same world with you as you do all this stuff sounds like a blast. Hopefully they'll hurry up with the PC version with the success this got on XBL and patch in co-op for both. :D

DocSeuss

270k in two days, apparently.

270,000 x $20 = $5,400,000 in revenue in 48 hours. Not bad.

Yep, it looks really rough. Ton of pop-up, tearing etc. and frame rate is pretty horrible. Interesting game, though. It's done well considering there is no multiplayer.

Multiplayer would absolutely ruin the experience and make it a crappy game.

webkatt

So I have a code for 1200 msp from the promo and 400 in my account already.

Worth it for 5 out of pocket?

juraii

State of Decay is awesome I hope it does well enough to get either a arcade of full game sequel either way I am gonna be playing it as well

quickwhips

The game is a lot of fun. I've been trying to find something to keep me playing and this game has done that. I'm going to go play it some more. :)

Mindlog

uAW5icD.jpg

Approved.

Really enjoying the time I've spent with it so far. Will happily rebuy on PC. Framerate and various bug fixes would be nice, but I'm really hoping we can mod the game. I have ideas...
So I have a code for 1200 msp from the promo and 400 in my account already.

Worth it for 5 out of pocket?
Try the demo. It's worth at least 40 for me as I intend to rebuy on PC.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I have never even heard anything about this game.

Is that just my fault or did it actually come out of nowhere?

aceldama

Banned
I always hate that phrase. "Fastest selling in history." It makes no sense without some frame of reference. Did the very first copy sell faster than the very first copy of any other game? You can't rate something as the fastest anything without a target or some sort of benchmark, such as "fastest to 100,000 copies" or "highest 24 hour average" or something.

It's ridiculous statement.

When will people tire of fucking zombies? Can't this happen already?
Considering Night of the Living Dead came out in 1968 and zombie movies/games/books/TV shows have been going strong more or less ever since, I'd say probably never. I love zombies, I don't get sick of them. Not to say there aren't bad zombie games, there are, but there are lots of good ones too.

Fjordson

Surprisingly great game. Totally flew under my radar until I saw all the positive impressions on GAF. Great news for Undead Labs.

Don't worry I wasn't accusing you of it Salsa.

Just covering my own arse! XD
PC port begging is usually allowed anyways.

DrBo42

Surprisingly great game. Totally flew under my radar until I saw all the positive impressions on GAF. Great news for Undead Labs.

PC port begging is usually allowed anyways.

One mention of Lego City Undercover though...

iIkVnvbPPsgCR.gif

Please Bish, no

Tonguer

Hmmm. I was JUST looking at this in the marketplace about 15mins ago, and decided it looked too shabby, and that I don't need 'one more zombie game'. Hearing those figures makes me reconsider; I suppose I should at least grab the demo.

One mention of Lego City Undercover though...

iIkVnvbPPsgCR.gif

Please Bish, no

Whaaaaaaat is this from. I need to see this film.

I always hate that phrase. "Fastest selling in history." It makes no sense without some frame of reference. Did the very first copy sell faster than the very first copy of any other game? You can't rate something as the fastest anything without a target or some sort of benchmark, such as "fastest to 100,000 copies" or "highest 24 hour average" or something.

It's ridiculous statement.

Bush%20Scratching%20Head.jpg

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Live Arcade/PSN is probably the best thing to happen this entire generation. These kind of games would never be able to make retail but at a reduced price point they're perfect for these online distribution platforms.

gadwn

The quick look at GB made it look really janky. The concept is indeed hot though.

And... is the frame rate / tearing just as awful irl as it was on the quick look?

kirby145

Neo Member
I've had way more ammo than I have ever needed, and the auto aim thing works like it did in Red Dead. Be looking near the head when you press the left trigger and it will snap right on there head. I've never had it go to their chest.
I'll give that a shot. Was not having luck just trying to drag the ADS gun onto their head though.

Top Bottom