• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

Darksiders? There was a wait for the PC version.

From the Wikipedia page - The game was released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on January 5, 2010 in North America and January 8 in Europe. The PC and OnLive versions were released on September 23, 2010 for North America and the PC version on September 24 for Europe.

So a 9 month gap.

Oh, totally thought you guys were talking about Space Marine. I should try paying more attention. --It even says Darksiders in the post I quoted. Reading fail >_>

Sysgen

LTTP but I bought saints row 3 over christmas, or maybe it was a spring sale? either way it was on sale. Just started playing today and it is all kinds of awesome. I could never get into GTA but this has more of a crackdown vibe to it.
I installed a nude mod and kill people with dildos

Careful in the bedroom tonight.

Think I'm going to dive into Oblivion. I bought the Elder Scrolls pack back when it was on sale and I kind of want to wait to build a new PC before I play Skyrim. The terrible sewer intro area is giving me second thoughts.

Think I'm going to dive into Oblivion. I bought the Elder Scrolls pack back when it was on sale and I kind of want to wait to build a new PC before I play Skyrim. The terrible sewer intro area is giving me second thoughts.

As soon as you get out you'll just look around and fall into the game so hard. It's great depending on what you think makes a great game.

Amneisac

If Oblivion isn't doing it for you, install the Nehrim mod. Better than Oblivion in my humble opinion.

Aaron

Install the alternate start mod. It skips the entire sewer sequence.

Narag

I fired up Oblivion one day and told myself I'd just get through the character creation/sewer and I did so. Lost abut 50 hours in the course of a few weeks as soon as I did. I so need to get back to that.

Megasoum

Banned
Microsoft Flight just popped up in the registry.

Yeah there's been stuff about Flight for a while in Steam. I remember seing the EULA for it a little while ago...

Sigh, if only they would put the good Flight Simulator games on steam instead of the new bullshit that no one will play.

What are the best twin stick shooters on steam?

I love this genre and i'd like recommendations.

Really Big Sky and Mutant Storm Reloaded seem good.

wutwutwut

Already played Waves, it's cool, but i don't like the bomb mechanic and the maximum high score is, for some reason, blocked to a certain amount on the online leaderbords.
Aw, I love the bomb mechanic. Building up a 300+ multiplier with bombs and slow-mo feels great.

As far as counter stopping goes (the value's 2^31 - 1, which programmers will recognize as the highest value a signed 32-bit integer can hold), there's an achievement for it.

Age of Empires: All in Wonder Bundle worth it for a tenner?

Bought it. Makes the game better and no more of those annoying drops you can't use.

Mostly trying out the singleplayer for now, having fun with the old school AoE gameplay and for a "free" game it sure is polished.

Aw, I love the bomb mechanic. Building up a 300+ multiplier with bombs and slow-mo feels great.

As far as counter stopping goes (the value's 2^31 - 1, which programmers will recognize as the highest value a signed 32-bit integer can hold), there's an achievement for it.

I think it makes the game too easy and focused on mindless bombing; i prefer saving bombs and using them tactically like in Geometry Wars.

I'd like an overview of Really Big Sky, the trailer kinda sold me on it, but i'm still uncertain lol.

Ion Assault is also really good.

Seems cool but also very graphic intense, i'm wondering how it would run on my laptop...

Gowans

Bought it. Makes the game better and no more of those annoying drops you can't use.

Mostly trying out the singleplayer for now, having fun with the old school AoE gameplay and for a "free" game it sure is polished.

Hmm I'm on the fence, I'll fire it up and play the free for a little and see.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

What's the SP component like? Is it akin to the old games in that you can quickly and easily set up skirmish matches against the AI based on selected civilisations, terrain type presets (with the maps themselves being randomly generated), and whatever else? And do you progress through the various ages and unlock new buildings/units throughout or is everything available to you right away?

HoosTrax

Microsoft Flight should be up today on the store.
I'm less than thrilled by the description of the DLC. Mainly the fact that the Mitsubishi Zero and P-51 Mustang DLCs only contain exterior views of the planes, no cockpit view. Wtf kind of a flight sim doesn't give you cockpit views for a particular plane model? Why the hell would I want to fly them from exterior view like a model airplane?

I'm guessing you can't even dump flour bombs off of them like in FSX, and pretend like you're bombing Pearl Harbor or whichever part of Hawaii the game is set in :(.

Acidote

Why did Steam started redownloading both Kings Bounty and Armored Princess all of sudden? I haven't played them for weeks so I don't know why would it corrupt and I don't think it really updated.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Blur is tempting, but I wonder if anyone still plays it online. I'll have to look into the single player content to see if it's worth it.

Euphor!a

Banned
Maybe I am misremembering, but I am pretty sure those X games were all 7.50 during the Christmas sale. Now it is $20 when it has its own dedicated sale? I assumed maybe they added another game or something but no, all the same games.

plc268

Blur is tempting, but I wonder if anyone still plays it online. I'll have to look into the single player content to see if it's worth it.

Practically no one played it at launch, main reason why I bought the 360 version at the time.

The game is decent fun offline, but it truly excels online. It's amazing that Blur never really caught on, even on XBL where player counts were maybe ~2k-5k, which was low for a new game then.

Edit: apparently I already own blur on the PC. wtf? lol, when did I buy that?

Blizzard

Banned
Weren't the Blur online servers taken down? Or was that just a console version?

Blur seemed cool, kind of like Mario Kart.

I heard good things about Capsized, and I think I bought it and played some, and it's a pretty game, and I seem to recall the music was awesome, but download the demo if you're on the fence in case you hate the contrls.

HoosTrax

Wait I'm confused, Blur actually has licensed cars? I'm pretty sure I see a Mustang in one of the screenshots. Or are they knockoff versions of licensed cars like in Burnout?

One thing I absolutely hated in Burnout Paradise -- the lack of an optimal route on the map, so half of my time was spent trying to figure out which way to go.

Either way, $5 for Blur versus $50 for Ridge Racer seems like a no-brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom