• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, could have sworn there was a couple hour grace period on daily deals, I was going to buy Turba today after the deal switched over and I decided if I did or didn't want the new one as well.

HoosTrax

I mean that was half the point...
Did I mention the other half of the time was spent hitting oncoming traffic or the side of a building because I was too busy staring at the minimap or trying to read the street signs?

Damn, could have sworn there was a couple your grace period on daily deals, I was going to buy Turba today after the deal switched over and I decided if I did or didn't want the new one as well.
I think the grace period is only on non-daily deal sales (Midweek Madness, Weekend Deal, and the holiday sales). Daily deals always expire at 1:02 pm EST (I wish they would correct their clock so that it matched atomic time...).

Mrbob

So is The Witcher 2 getting the enhanced edition update today?

Steam is downloading an 11gb update right now! I hope so! Been waiting on the enhanced edition to play this game.

Edit: T minus 15 minutes for download to be complete. Guess I'll find out soon enough!

daxy

One thing I absolutely hated in Burnout Paradise -- the lack of an optimal route on the map, so half of my time was spent trying to figure out which way to go.

Same here. What a pain that was. Having to check the map every minute really mucked with the otherwise fast pace of the game.

Got Blur. It looks promising. I wonder where my money's going now that Bizzare Creations is closed.

Blur is fun. I ended up playing the single player campaign more than I played multiplayer since the community (and developer) was dead when I finally picked it up. At $5, it's worth it even if you never touch multiplayer.

HoosTrax

Got Blur. It looks promising. I wonder where my money's going now that Bizzare Creations is closed.
Probably the same place it would be going even if the studio were still open - Activision.

Oh well, I guess I'll bite on it too. One thing I keep wondering -- is there any benefit to playing these types of a games with a wheel. I'm been playing arcade racers since NFS Underground 1 with a gamepad, so it's all I've ever known.

Steam is downloading an 11gb update right now! I hope so! Been waiting on the enhanced edition to play this game.

Edit: T minus 15 minutes for download to be complete. Guess I'll find out soon enough!

Holy fucking shit if so. My weekend plans just changed. Maybe it's a preload or some such bullshit.

EDIT: To be clear, it's not supposed to be out until the 17th.

Lingitiz

Really? I'm just about to hit the final chapter too!

Edit: Seems to have started a download but stopped. Hmm...

I have a question. The Secret World (new MMO from Funcom) started taking pre-orders today on their website. Has anyone heard anything about whether it will be available for purchase on Steam?

For Blur buddies, press F2 ingame and add: "Cuban Legend" (without quotes, with the space) I play on weeknight and weekends.

Or add me on steam @ Cuban_Legend
Hm, might get Blur if I can find some people to play with.

Buy it.

If you havent already bought it, do it GAF, do it in honor of the late Bizzare Creations. :'(

Reasons to buy:
if you liked Mario-Kart
if you liked PGR/4
if you liked Geometry Wars 1/2
if you hate Activision
its from Bizarre Creations

One of a few racing games outside of Nintendo in this generation that could pull off the "frenetic power-up racing game" formula that Mario Kart perfected.

More reasons to buy it:
jvjakEt22EaE2.jpg

(inb4 "the multiplayer is dead")

mclem

Okay, I'm confused. I feel like I may have missed an April Fool's Day gag.

I've just opened Steam, and I appear to have a random coupon in it that wasn't there before; 50% off Assassin's Creed Revelations. The coupon is *dated* "Valid March 21st 2012 to April 1st 2012", so it's already expired - however, I thought expired coupons were automatically purged from your inventory, and this one hasn't been.

In short: Wha'?

Not a twin stick, but it is excellent.

I'd recommend Beat Hazard Ultra, it's wonderful. Scoregasm isn't half bad either, and Nation Red is superb.

Finished playing the demo right now and had a blast, i didn't expect it to be this fun and polished.

I'm unsure about grabbing it now or waiting the summer sales.

Okay, I'm confused. I feel like I may have missed an April Fool's Day gag.

I've just opened Steam, and I appear to have a random coupon in it that wasn't there before; 50% off Assassin's Creed Revelations. The coupon is *dated* "Valid March 21st 2012 to April 1st 2012", so it's already expired - however, I thought expired coupons were automatically purged from your inventory, and this one hasn't been.

In short: Wha'?

I got that randomly as well, then I traded it to a friend, and it appeared again...my second one is gone though.

Mrbob

Cut and paste my comments from The Witcher 2 community thread:

I just played it after the update. Seems to have the new 360 controller controls are in now. There is also a tutorial option now and arena option from the menu screen. Not sure if any in game stuff changed. Doesn't say Enhanced Edition on the menu screen at all.

Though I don't know if this stuff has been available before?

cicero

Install the alternate start mod. It skips the entire sewer sequence.

In a certain way I liked the Oblivion sewer sequence because it contrasted so much with the outside world beyond. Going from the tiring sewers out into the starry night, across the water towards a beckoning campfire, into my first scuffle, and then reading my first book which explained the scuffle. Then I was off to giddily run through the woods in the moonlight until the dawn broke through the trees.

At that moment the game could still be anything, it was thrilling. Reality hit later, but that moment is still a very memorable one.

Got Blur. Not that it matters if that Witcher patch is the enhanced edition, I will be consumed. Hope everyone who is buying Blur is on the Gaf Steam Group so we could do up some multiplayer.

Carm

Why did Steam started redownloading both Kings Bounty and Armored Princess all of sudden? I haven't played them for weeks so I don't know why would it corrupt and I don't think it really updated.

Yea... update broke both games. Neither will start, Steam is giving an error. So I had the bright idea of uninstalling and downloading it all again. Now Armored Princess has only a Directx folder in its folder and Crossworlds had to unlock, but neither still work. Even restarted Steam, no dice. Downloading again now.

Blizzard

Banned
Yea... update broke both games. Neither will start, Steam is giving an error. So I had the bright idea of uninstalling and downloading it all again. Now Armored Princess has only a Directx folder in its folder and Crossworlds had to unlock, but neither still work. Even restarted Steam, no dice. Downloading again now.
This is another case where it would be awesome to be able to opt out of Steam updates, or (will probably never happen, but would be even better) to be able to manually roll back to different previous patch versions.

I see your post on the Steam forum -- let us know if you figure out a workaround. It sounds like it works for some people if you pause until the download finishes, and/or copy a save file from the other directory, or something weird like that.

zkylon

zkylewd
Cut and paste my comments from The Witcher 2 community thread:

I just played it after the update. Seems to have the new 360 controller controls are in now. There is also a tutorial option now and arena option from the menu screen. Not sure if any in game stuff changed. Doesn't say Enhanced Edition on the menu screen at all.

Though I don't know if this stuff has been available before?
The tutorial and arena date back to the 2.0 patch, and I played it with a 360 controller before and the game recognized it perfectly. Are you sure you didn't have the game out-of-date?

If you bought BLUR, join the playlist called: Powered-Up Racing , as it's player count is max 20 players instead of the usual 10.

Add me through the F2 menu "CubanLegend" (no quotes), and you can join my current active game through that menu as well.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If you bought BLUR, join the playlist called: Powered-Up Racing , as it's player count is max 20 players instead of the usual 10.

Add me through the F2 menu "CubanLegend" (no quotes), and you can join my current active game through that menu as well.
I'll play tonight.

Carm

This is another case where it would be awesome to be able to opt out of Steam updates, or (will probably never happen, but would be even better) to be able to manually roll back to different previous patch versions.

I see your post on the Steam forum -- let us know if you figure out a workaround. It sounds like it works for some people if you pause until the download finishes, and/or copy a save file from the other directory, or something weird like that.

Downloading again seems to have fixed it. It downloaded Crossworlds first, then Armored Princess, which was odd but whatever. I guess they were fixing it on the fly.

Started up blur and had a blast trying to enter the product code again and again and it telling me the one I had didn't work. I'll try to figure out what is wrong with it tonight. I don't know why we still have these damn things anyway.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I use x360ce+PS2 Controller+Adapter to emulate the 360 controller on PC. Works great
with some games.

I use a PS3 controller over Bluetooth with Motioninjoy to emulate a 360 controller, works flawlessly in every game I've tried. Also works over USB. But I guess it doesn't work with a PS2 controller.

Bulzeeb

Dammit, now I'm actually thinking about buying the game.

I use x360ce+PS2 Controller+Adapter to emulate the 360 controller on PC. Works great
with some games.

I have a quiestion, it is possible to use something like that but using wii remotes + nunchuks instead? I am planning to buy some 360 pads but I don't have the money at the moment and I would love to play the 4 player split screen asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom