• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started up blur and had a blast trying to enter the product code again and again and it telling me the one I had didn't work. I'll try to figure out what is wrong with it tonight. I don't know why we still have these damn things anyway.

check the steam forums for the game, someone mentioned something about usernames and how you have to choose a unique one, not one that is already used...?

check the steam forums for the game, someone mentioned something about usernames and how you have to choose a unique one, not one that is already used...?

Yeah I just checked the SPUF for it and at least a few others have the same problem, no known fix for them yet. I doubt anyone else has "SteveWinwood" but I'll try it. At least I got Ultimate Doom working now for me.

Edit: Also I don't wanna say Microsoft Flight is bad...

But they really should just put Flight Sim X up on steam.

I use a PS3 controller over Bluetooth with Motioninjoy to emulate a 360 controller, works flawlessly in every game I've tried. Also works over USB. But I guess it doesn't work with a PS2 controller.

Nice, I'll check this out. If I make it work with PS2 controllers I'll post it of course.

I have a quiestion, it is possible to use something like that but using wii remotes + nunchuks instead? I am planning to buy some 360 pads but I don't have the money at the moment and I would love to play the 4 player split screen asap

Good question, I'm not sure. If you can get your computer to recognize the Wii Remote + Nunchucks then you could make it work.

If you watch the video you'll notice that you have to configure the emulator yourself, so you can do it with almost any controller, as long as your computer recognizes it as a PC controller.

I don't know if you can do the same with the Wii Remote, but if you manage to do that then you shouldn't have any problems with x360ce.

Jomjom

Banned
How is the story in the X series? Good, bad, nonexistent?

Also it was cheaper than $19.99 for the superbox during the last sale wasn't it?

Does anyone else still have problems with Munch's Oddysey? It like won't load. It takes like 10 minutes to get to the title screen and then just gets stuck at the loading screen. Wasn't this shit supposed to be fixed like over a year ago?

HoosTrax

How is the story in the X series? Good, bad, nonexistent?

Also it was cheaper than $19.99 for the superbox during the last sale wasn't it?
I'm pretty sure I got it for less than $19.99:

xsuperboxsale.png

It's hard to tell, but it may have been 66-75% off.

I've only played X3: Reunion. The main storyline is highly forgettable, and it's not long before you just forget about it and set about wandering the galaxy, building your space empire, and playing it as a sandbox game instead.

Jomjom

Banned

xsuperboxsale.png

I've only played X3: Reunion. The main storyline is highly forgettable, and it's not long before you just forget about it and set about wandering the galaxy, building your space empire, and playing it as a sandbox game instead.

Darn, I'm not a fan of sandbox games at all, so if I lose interest in the story I would probably just give it up. Thanks much for the info!

ITSP is similar to Aquaria in that they're both atmospheric Metroidvania-type games, but Aquaria is more enchanting and beautiful while ITSP is dark and mysterious. Both are pretty cool games, though not without their flaws.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Is X3 Albion Prelude something which simply adds content to X3, or is it a completely separate game which launches individually from the others?

HoosTrax

Is X3 Albion Prelude something which simply adds content to X3, or is it a completely separate game which launches individually from the others?
- X3: Reunion came first
- X3: Terran Conflict came later and is standalone from Reunion
- X3: Albion Prelude is an expansion for X3: TC (and thus obviously requires Terran Conflict)

Tess3ract

Banned

xsuperboxsale.png

What, why did you play Reunion?

Holy shit you should have played Terran Conflict, you silly silly man.

HoosTrax

What, why did you play Reunion?

Holy shit you should have played Terran Conflict, you silly silly man.
I'm not a man and I owned Reunion since way before TC even came out. I originally bought it on DVD. I sort of bought it again as part of X-SuperBox to not have to deal with finding my DVDs if I want to play it.

(the real reason is that I'm a sucker for cheap bundles...)

Tess3ract

Banned
I'm not a man and I owned Reunion since way before TC even came out. I originally bought it on DVD. I sort of bought it again as part of X-SuperBox to not have to deal with finding my DVDs if I want to play it.

(the real reason is that I'm a sucker for cheap bundles...)
The real issue is you played the subpar Reunion instead of the amazing TC.

Adnor

Banned
So how is Blur if I don't play much racing games, but like to play things with friends when they come to visit? Can I play with keyboard and them with controllers? And one with keyboard, 2 with controller, one being the 360 one and other a genius generic one? I'm really interesed in it, but don't know if it will work for us.
(I don't like playing racing games with keyboard, but if a friend come to visit, I prefer to let them play with the controller, and I just have 1 360 controller).

Blur is like taking cocaine. You can go entire races without blinking. It's so intense, the larger races are the only way to play. I'd buy it but I think the community is dead. And also Bizarre probably aren't getting royalties for it.

DTKT

Blur is like taking cocaine. You can go entire races without blinking. It's so intense, the larger races are the only way to play. I'd buy it but I think the community is dead. And also Bizarre probably aren't getting royalties for it.

Bizarre doesn't exist anymore.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Am I experiencing an issue or is X360 controller support in Rayman Origins such that you're required to re-bind the keys to the controller via the options menu and menus themselves still need to be navigated using the keyboard/mouse? Out of curiosity I loaded up Kingdoms of Amalur and it detected and switched to the controller right at the main menu, so I'm assuming the latter.

jediyoshi

Just preordered Shoot Many Robots mostly for the preorder TF2 item,
and because I haven't hated myself enough lately.

Pretty sweet item though.

Psy-Phi

Am I experiencing an issue or is X360 controller support in Rayman Origins such that you're required to re-bind the keys to the controller via the options menu and menus themselves still need to be navigated using the keyboard/mouse? Out of curiosity I loaded up Kingdoms of Amalur and it detected and switched to the controller right at the main menu, so I'm assuming the latter.

Works fine with the wired one. Wouldn't be surprised at the problem youre havingif you're using a wireless one? Otherwise, not sure what's going on.

So how is Blur if I don't play much racing games, but like to play things with friends when they come to visit? Can I play with keyboard and them with controllers? And one with keyboard, 2 with controller, one being the 360 one and other a genius generic one? I'm really interesed in it, but don't know if it will work for us.
(I don't like playing racing games with keyboard, but if a friend come to visit, I prefer to let them play with the controller, and I just have 1 360 controller).

it supports controllers for sure.

and yes you can use the keyboard on one and the controller on the other. :D

I tried 3 player splitscreen today with 2 360 pads and my keyboard, worked like a charm:

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Works fine with the wired one. Wouldn't be surprised at the problem youre havingif you're using a wireless one? Otherwise, not sure what's going on.

Maybe, who knows -- a quick GS didn't get me anywhere. The game functions fine, it's just weird having to switch between control methods on occasion.

Edit: Oh, I can navigate menus with the controller, but there's no equivalent of the escape key to actually bring up the menu, and I have to press enter before the main menu. *shrug*

Card Boy

Banned
I have had Blur for a while but is there a tweak guide for it for getting the most of the game? There is no .ini files or anything, and it runs poorly on my 5870.

It is a impossible game to google when looking for graphic tweaks, considering the word 'Blur'

1-D_FTW

I think Steam has a sale for all 4 seasons. So, there should be a Spring sale eventually.

There's never been a Spring sale. But until recently, there was never a Fall sale. That's the only hope: that they decide to add a Spring so they have all 4 seasons covered.

SmokyDave

There's never been a Spring sale. But until recently, there was never a Fall sale. That's the only hope: that they decide to add a Spring so they have all 4 seasons covered.

Please no. I'm trying not to buy too many games at the moment and a Steam sale would totally fuck that up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom