• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I played it today and it rolls just like you'd expect a block to roll downhill. It's incredibly clunky, difficult to control, and slow as hell. Although you can actually still win on some of the courses because it does a ton more damage than the spheres. It's hilarious though, great idea for April Fools.

Ahh cool, so it sacrifices mobility for damage then!

Zimbardo

I never experienced any issues playing Space Marine. Is it hardware specific?

the slow motion bug is reported by both nvidia and amd users ...so its not restricted to one card manufacturer, which makes one think that it'd be something other than specific graphics card issue related.

some people say that turning vsync off resolves the issue, but in my experience it just makes it less common (maybe). and since its a random event, i don't even know if turning off vsync even matters ...because sometimes i'll play the game for an hour with vsync turned on before i see it happen.

its just so random ...and some people might not even notice it occuring.

and i don't think its really a small group of people experiencing it. searching google for the issue shows quite a few results (there's also a 10 page thread on Relic's forum about it). so if there's that many people out there that take the time to post about it on the internet, then there's probably a ton more out there that didn't bother to do so.

but anyway, its an issue that's likely to not be resolved. its not game breaking, but rather a small annoyance.

i paid $12 for the game, put about 12 hours into it ...completed single player, and sampled the multiplayer. i got my $12 worth i guess.

the slow motion bug is reported by both nvidia and amd users ...so its not restricted to one card manufacturer, which makes one think that it'd be something other than specific graphics card issue related.

some people say that turning vsync off resolves the issue, but in my experience it just makes it less common (maybe). and since its a random event, i don't even know if turning off vsync even matters ...because sometimes i'll play the game for an hour with vsync turned on before i see it happen.

its just so random ...and some people might not even notice it occuring.

and i don't think its really a small group of people experiencing it. searching google for the issue shows quite a few results. so if there's that many people out there that take the time to post about it on the internet, then there's probably a ton more out there that didn't bother to do so.

but anyway, its an issue that's likely to not be resolved. its not game breaking, but rather a small annoyance.

i paid $12 for the game, put about 12 hours into it ...completed single player, and sampled the multiplayer. i got my $12 worth i guess.

Its made the game almost unplayable for me. I have turned of v-sync and it sometimes works. I have also disabled SLI as some posts suggest. Its rather odd and almost gamebreaking to me.

Zimbardo

i guess if you were looking to play a lot of Space Marine multiplayer, the slow motion issue might be more game breaking.

i mostly played single player, so while it was an annoyance, it was somewhat tolerable.

might have been a different story if i was playing a lot of multiplayer.

too bad they don't seem like they'll be fixing it. would make the game more enjoyable for sure.

and SLI makes the game run slightly worse. so disabling it is recommended ...at least in my experience. but the slow motion bug remains either way ...SLI enabled or not.

AlexBasch

Hm, I was really looking forward to buy Space Marine. :/ I'll skip it then, I'm not willing to waste my cash on a unplayable game.

I assume Metro 2033 and STALKER do work correctly?

Hm, I was really looking forward to buy Space Marine. :/ I'll skip it then, I'm not willing to waste my cash on a unplayable game.

I assume Metro 2033 and STALKER do work correctly?

lol stalker + "work correctly"

If you're skipping space marine due to one bug a handful of people experience, good luck with stalker.

Blizzard

Banned
STALKER is known for bugs, but I think there's a community patch that fixes some stuff. I would just advise keeping multiple save files if possible in case something goes haywire.

I think it's a good game, but if you want an always-reliable game that you don't have to tweak, or if you have motion sickness problems, you might want to pass it up though.

Dambrosi

Banned
I'm reading all this stuff about Space Marine's slowdown bug, and am left wondering what the hell you're all talking about. I've never seen it, and have never experienced it myself.

Could someone perhaps link me to footage of the bug happening? Thanks.

And all the STALKER games are fine, as long as you mod them with their respective Complete packs, which is easy - just follow the readme.txt files.

Just remember - with STALKER, it's not the destination that matters, but the campfire stories you can tell other Stalkers on the way there.

Aaron

I'm reading all this stuff about Space Marine's slowdown bug, and am left wondering what the hell you're all talking about. I've never seen it, and have never experienced it myself.

Basically the game turns into a John Woo film without the doves.

And all the STALKER games are fine, as long as you mod them with their respective Complete packs, which is easy - just follow the readme.txt files.

Just remember - with STALKER, it's not the destination that matters, but the campfire stories you can tell other Stalkers on the way there.

Its just slow... really really slow. Max Payne bullettime slow but no real lag. Its very odd. I thought something was wrong with my brand new pc when it first happened to me.

Zimbardo

here's a video of the slow motion bug in Space Marine ...

http://youtu.be/N-nRq9_0E4U?t=9m50s

watch it from around the 9:50 mark to around 10:45 ...it starts happening to that dude, and he looks like he's getting a nasty dose of it unfortunately ...heh.

from my experience, its very random and seems to only occur when you're running ...or at least that's when its most obvious.

as soon as you stop running, the slow motion goes away.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Has anyone played Turba? Looks like a cheap knock off of Bejeweled, but you can import your own music and it effects the game which is always cool. Guess I'll try the demo.

Baha

Has anyone played Turba? Looks like a cheap knock off of Bejeweled, but you can import your own music and it effects the game which is always cool. Guess I'll try the demo.

I bought it at launch and according to steam community stats, I spent 9 hrs playing it so it should be decent at least.

AlexBasch

Hm, I'm remembering that I did play the Space Marine demo a few months ago. If I didn't experience the slow down bug on there what are the chances that it will be there on the full version?

I'm redownloading the demo just in case, but I'm curious-

yamo

Was about to pre-order Shoot Many Robots for the Gordon Freeman outfit untill I noticed it was an Ubisoft game.

Anybody know what kind of DRM they will put on this game?

HoosTrax

Was about to pre-order Shoot Many Robots for the Gordon Freeman outfit untill I noticed it was an Ubisoft game.

Anybody know what kind of DRM they will put on this game?
None, other than Steamworks, according to the dev. I'll see if I can find you the exact link where that's stated.

Edit: Source - Demiurge Studios forum
Justin Lokey said:
We have standard Steam DRM, but there is no special/extra DRM like requiring an internet connection to play the game (assuming that’s what you’re asking about). Hope that helps!
They have been getting somewhat better about this. Rayman Origins did turn out to be clean at release, despite people's (rightful) suspicions.

LTTP but I bought saints row 3 over christmas, or maybe it was a spring sale? either way it was on sale. Just started playing today and it is all kinds of awesome. I could never get into GTA but this has more of a crackdown vibe to it.
I installed a nude mod and kill people with dildos

Ledsen

Space Marine was 60fps from start to end for me :/ (at launch)

It's still 60 fps with the slowdown bug, it has nothing to do with framerate :(

Hm, I'm remembering that I did play the Space Marine demo a few months ago. If I didn't experience the slow down bug on there what are the chances that it will be there on the full version?

I'm redownloading the demo just in case, but I'm curious-

Demo won't help you, since the bug was introduced in a recent patch (yep) and the demo doesn't get patched. Only way to know for sure is to somehow try the full, patched game on your comp before you buy it.

Darksiders PC port any good?

It's serviceable, and many folks like the game, but I would not call the port good. Not even close to being good actually. I think the only 2 options you have in the menu are to change resolution and Vsync. Even lousy console ports usually give you a few more options to change around. The developers did virtually nothing to make the PC version better, and this was when the PC version released a good 4-6 months after the console release.

1-D_FTW

The last hours and especially the last level before the " best " ending of Shadow of Chernobyl is the epitome of FPS from the last decade.

Yeah, I still have the delicious goodness of CoP for a rainy month, but SoC was absolutely legendary once you got past the beginning. Almost everyone struggles with that. But if you force yourself to go two hours, in all likelyhood you'll get hooked and it just gets more and more amazing. By the end, you just want to bow down and slow clap the developers.

As far as I can tell, the PC version released the same day as the console version, September 6th.

From the Wikipedia page - The game was released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on January 5, 2010 in North America and January 8 in Europe. The PC and OnLive versions were released on September 23, 2010 for North America and the PC version on September 24 for Europe.

So a 9 month gap.

graywolf323

From the Wikipedia page - The game was released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on January 5, 2010 in North America and January 8 in Europe. The PC and OnLive versions were released on September 23, 2010 for North America and the PC version on September 24 for Europe.

edit: oops wrong game

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Darksiders PC port any good?

Got some inexplainable nasty tearing in the FMV segments. Didn't look that much better than the PS3 version despite the higher res and the better framerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom