• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have an iOS device or Android based phone, the Battlenet authenticator is free. Or you can buy a physical USB authenticator off the Blizzard store for under 15bucks.

I'll check this out, I never used that account so I didn't knew this.

I sent a ticket a while ago, I don't have a lot of hope, but let's see if support can do something.

Btw, Paradox just sent me a Cities in Motion Key. Yay, some good news.

hym

Banned
I never understood the pony thing.

It seems super creepy.

It's just a phase kids go through before discovering Adventure Time.

tumblr_lk1d64H5Fi1qf5n15o1_400.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hey, at least you can filter out which people are actually intolerant jerks. You don't even have to post - just see them react on something! I wonder if there's already a separate thread for it lol

Pony sympathisers, too.

I have to deal with them daily IRL(by "deal" I mean they try to shove it down my throat), so I hold no sympathy. But ignoring someone based on an avatar is mean. ): Anyway, Pony talk aside...!

Got my Cities in Motion Survey key (for GamersGate). Guys check your emails.

Got mine in, too. A little disappointed that it's not Steam, but I'm still downloading it now.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Aww poop, not steam? :(

And eh, I find it as bad as TF2 forcing pop culture stuff in their game or people forcing Valve jokes in anything or those annoying Homestuck fans.

Aww poop, not steam? :(

And eh, I find it as bad as TF2 forcing pop culture stuff in their game or people forcing Valve jokes in anything or those annoying Homestuck fans.

Yeah it's GamersGate. Like I said, disappointing, but it doesn't break the deal(free!).

And I'd rather not even tread in those waters.

iavi

I have a few of my game caches in a Windows.old file since updating to the consumer preview of Win8, and want to just move those over to the new Steam installation instead of re-DL'ing 30something gb's. Is it possible? I tried copying it all from the old 'common' folder to the new one, but they still don't show as installed in the library.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is the deal on Blue not available in all regions or something? I've just been buying a bunch of copies and trading them with people for fantastic deals all day, I've gotten everything from Terraria to Saints row 3 to Mirror's Edge to Costume Party to the Frozenbyte Collection. I'm just curious; I heard this game is good but I'm surprised at how many good deals I'm getting for trading the game right now even though it's only $5.

Blizzard

Banned
I had SpaceChem from some previous sale/bundle, and just tried it. The intro planet seems to make sense. I don't really get a programming sense from it, but it makes sense how things flow at least.

Unfortunately I now have a weird Steam bug. The friends list says I'm still playing it, and Steam refuses to exit until SpaceChem is closed, yet neither SpaceChem nor the Steam overlay are still running. Is there any way around this besides killing Steam.exe?

*edit* This seems like it may only be SpaceChem. I can exit Shatter just fine, but SpaceChem stays stuck on the friends list and won't let me close Steam.

wutwutwut

I have a few of my game caches in a Windows.old file since updating to the consumer preview of Win8, and want to just move those over to the new Steam installation instead of re-DL'ing 30something gb's. Is it possible? I tried copying it all from the old 'common' folder to the new one, but they still don't show as installed in the library.
Click install in Steam, it should pick those files up. Alternatively copy over the stub files in Steam\steamapps (can't remember the extension, on a Linux computer right now) and restart Steam.

Lumine

I can't be the only one who entered in their cities in motion key into steam just to see if it'd work.

Haha yeah I just had to. Seriously though, is there no way I can turn this into a Steam key? I might just give it away then. I have no interest in signing up for yet another service. :(

Joe Molotov

http://www.gamersgate.com/indiefort-bundle-1

Another Indie Bundle, sponsored by Gamersgate. This one an all RPG-ish bundle (except for one top-down shooter, kinda random). None of it registers on Steam, but it might be kinda cool for $6, plus it includes Devil Whiskey which might be the most awesome game title ever.

Kenshi (Alpha)
Cardinal Quest
Black Market
Wanderlust: Rebirth
Devil Whiskey
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution

deleted

I just bought Blur and played the last hour with my roommate. It is awesome!

Is there a way to change the other players names in Splitscreen? Player2 should be able to rename himself, right?

Edit: Oh and is there anything, I have to unlock for the Multiplayer? Or is everything there from the start?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
http://www.gamersgate.com/indiefort-bundle-1

Another Indie Bundle, sponsored by Gamersgate. This one an all RPG-ish bundle (except for one top-down shooter, kinda random). None of it registers on Steam, but it might be kinda cool for $6, plus it includes Devil Whiskey which might be the most awesome game title ever.

Kenshi (Alpha)
Cardinal Quest
Black Market
Wanderlust: Rebirth
Devil Whiskey
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution

This is completely worth it for Devil Whiskey alone. It's a great game.

Why is the Microsoft Flight game not causing a huge backlash and boycott of everything Microsoft/developer that charges insane prices for downloadable content?

02Hvg.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
Why is the Microsoft Flight game not causing a huge backlash and boycott of everything Microsoft/developer that charges insane prices for downloadable content?

02Hvg.jpg

Why would it? It's a free to play game with paid DLC. The price are shitty but the overall game is terrible anyway so I just think that nobody gives a shit...

Now if only they could add FSX to steam (with Steam workshop would be ridiculous) now that would be interesting.

Twinduct

Strange how F2P games have changed this year. Between AOE:O, Path Of Exile, Firefall and Tribes ascend. I've really enjoyed myself.

Ledsen

No i meant on Steam, i bought Dead Island from Amazon US a while back and it refuses to activate on Steam.

Oh. I've bought several Amazon US games that worked on Steam though, including Sonic Generations and Dungeon Siege 3. I'm in Sweden though.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Oh. I've bought several Amazon US games that worked on Steam though, including Sonic Generations and Dungeon Siege 3. I'm in Sweden though.

Dead Island didn't work for me, had to have a us-gaffer redeem my steam code for me...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So I'm playing Blur and I guess you have to do shit to gain fans. It tells you what to do only after you've done it, but there is no way I'm going to be reading shit that pops up while I'm in the middle of combat racing.

JordanKZ

So I'm playing Blur and I guess you have to do shit to gain fans. It tells you what to do only after you've done it, but there is no way I'm going to be reading shit that pops up while I'm in the middle of combat racing.

BLUR teaches you one thing. You have to multi-task like crazy if you want to do everything on your first go and do well. It's a tough learning curve, especially for a racer. Keep with it, it's fairly rewarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom