• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Hey guys I need help. Anybody has good suggestions for an online coop game I could play with my buddy? We are finishing up on Gears of war 3 right now and could really use another game for once we are done.
Modern Warfare 3's spec-ops and survival modes are really fun and challenging.

I'm curious about few things related to the Ms. Splosion Man announcement:
1) Given that it's been in the Steam registry since before the MS acquisition, I wonder if MS had to sign off on it.
2) Will the Steam version be GFWL on Steam, or Steamworks?

Don't know about the steam registry thing, but the video description states that Ms. Splosion Man will be for both GFW and Steam.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Don't know about the steam registry thing, but the video description states that Ms. Splosion Man will be for both GFW and Steam.

Yes, but the question is if the Steam version will be steamworks or GFWL.

Official Anouncement Trailer for Ms. Splosion Man on Steam, Games For Windows, Windows Phone 7, iPhone and iPad. Debbie and Sara are at it again, let's watch, shall we?
Since the official YT video description put them separate I assume that the steam version will in fact be steamworks but that's just speculation.

inky

I think it just means the game will be on Steam. I feel MS finds it in their best interest to keep using GFWL where available and now that they own TP they'll probably use it here too.

Megasoum

Banned
Modern Warfare 3's spec-ops and survival modes are really fun and challenging.

Yeah we had a lot of fun playing Specops in MW2 but we don't want to play the multiplayer (the competitive one) or the single player so 40$ is a bit expensive juste for specops.

1-D_FTW

I'm curious about few things related to the Ms. Splosion Man announcement:
1) Given that it's been in the Steam registry since before the MS acquisition, I wonder if MS had to sign off on it.
2) Will the Steam version be GFWL on Steam, or Steamworks?

I think you know the answer to that. The same with ITSP. Honestly, at this point, I'm not even really bothered by it. It's better than the alternative of Live Marketplace exclusivity.

Scythian

It's extremely hard to find a game. MW3 is a better buy.

It's really not that hard to find a game, I just have to wait a few minutes for some reason and then it suddenly works normally, finding a game is easy, there's still people playing.

Calidor

So I just bought my first steam sale ever (Magic 2012) for 7 bucks. Awesome deal, couldn't resist. I guess this is the beginning of an era of ruin and huge backlogs :p

Yaska

So I just bought my first steam sale ever (Magic 2012) for 7 bucks. Awesome deal, couldn't resist. I guess this is the beginning of an era of ruin and huge backlogs :p

Welcome to the Steam addicts. May your wallet cry itself to sleep every night from now on.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That's funny to think about because wouldn't they all fit on one plane? Even like, half a plane?

Bluth54

That's funny to think about because wouldn't they all fit on one plane? Even like, half a plane?

I think Valve has around 250 employees, I'm not sure how many people a single plane can hold.

Hopefully they don't all take the same plane, if that plane crashed it would be the single biggest tragedy in the history of gaming.

Joe Molotov

<Gabe goes here>

image.php

Glass Rebel

Probably not the right thread but...

Voxatron was released earlier this year but what happened to us people who bought Voxatron from that Humble Bundle?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Voxatron was released earlier this year but what happened to us people who bought Voxatron from that Humble Bundle?
Go back to your download page for that bundle. The most recent version they updated to was on March 23rd.

I know this is kind of a shot in the dark, but can anyone suggest a good Free-to-play MMO on Steam for someone that doesn't really like to play with other people? Something to kill time, etc. The ones that look the most appealing to me are DC Universe, APB Reloaded, Fallen Earth, and possibly Forsaken World.

I'm not super picky in terms of genres but I prefer something a bit more action-oriented, and I don't care if they're pay-to-win because I don't plan on paying OR winning, just having fun.

Are there any that I should just actively avoid at all costs, or some that are good that are NOt on Steam? I've heard than Vindictus is good, etc.

EDIT: Let me clarify the "playing with other people" part -- Multiplayer is fine, but playing in groups/parties is ehhhhh and I don't have a microphone.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I know this is kind of a shot in the dark, but can anyone suggest a good Free-to-play MMO on Steam for someone that doesn't really like to play with other people? Something to kill time, etc. The ones that look the most appealing to me are DC Universe, APB Reloaded, Fallen Earth, and possibly Forsaken World.

I'm not super picky in terms of genres but I prefer something a bit more action-oriented, and I don't care if they're pay-to-win because I don't plan on paying OR winning, just having fun.

Are there any that I should just actively avoid at all costs, or some that are good that are NOt on Steam? I've heard than Vindictus is good, etc.

EDIT: Let me clarify the "playing with other people" part -- Multiplayer is fine, but playing in groups/parties is ehhhhh and I don't have a microphone.

Rusty Hearts is pretty good. 3D beat 'em up, clean art style, controller support. I didn't try it at higher levels, admittedly, but from what I played it seemed like you could solo it just fine.

Realm of the mad god is fun for an hour or two. If you really get into the leaderboards and what not I can see it lasting someone much longer. It's pretty brainless but all action pretty much.

zkylon

zkylewd
Rusty Hearts is pretty good. 3D beat 'em up, clean art style, controller support. I didn't try it at higher levels, admittedly, but from what I played it seemed like you could solo it just fine.
I second this. You can mostly do solo play and it's got pretty good combat and pretty little grinding compared to most MMOs. PVP is totally broken and higher levels get very tiresome, though.

Wow, that does look really slick. Not sure how I missed that when I looked through the F2P section, but that's definitely on my radar. Thanks!

Realm of the mad god is fun for an hour or two. If you really get into the leaderboards and what not I can see it lasting someone much longer. It's pretty brainless but all action pretty much.

Oh yeah, I remember playing that when it was made for a TIGsource competition (I think), it was really neat. That sounds right up my alley in terms of killing little chunks of time when I need a break. Keep 'em coming!

I second this. You can mostly do solo play and it's got pretty good combat and pretty little grinding compared to most MMOs. PVP is totally broken and higher levels get very tiresome, though.

I agree with both of these, it's pretty fun and I go at it solo sometimes. It also has a huge update every 2 or 3 months to keep up with the Korean version.

Don't wanna be the guy who pisses in the fruit punch, but doesn't Rusty Hearts have a rootkit? Just throwing that out there because it's a big deal for some.

jediyoshi

Shoot Many Robots matchmaking is absurd. If it sticks you in a game in progress, it makes you wait at a static screen with only info of how much health each player has and the % progress they've made it through the level.

D98v7.jpg

Bummer about a lot of the game since the gameplay itself is fine and items are pretty rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom