• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Can't believe Namco just stealth released Big Bang Racing the way they did.

Don't think it was the greatest idea to limit the demo to the really slow car class. Certainly doesn't do them any marketing favors. Also is going to hurt them that there's no online multiplayer (leaderboards aside).

But I'm sold. As expected from a top-down game, looks absolutely awesome in 3D. I'm tempted to buy it right now (15 percent off) just to see if my single purchase can push it into the top 20 sales wise. I've currently got three games going in my playlist (and I like to keep it to ONE), so I'm not sure I'd really play this before the summer sale. But I'm going to think about it. I feel they deserve it. So I may just throw them a pity bone.

HoosTrax

Can't believe Namco just stealth released Big Bang Racing the way they did.

Don't think it was the greatest idea to limit the demo to the really slow car class. Certainly doesn't do them any marketing favors. Also is going to hurt them that there's no online multiplayer (leaderboards aside).

But I'm sold. As expected from a top-down game, looks absolutely awesome in 3D. I'm tempted to buy it right now (15 percent off) just to see if my single purchase can push it into the top 20 sales wise. I've currently got three games going in my playlist (and I like to keep it to ONE), so I'm not sure I'd really play this before the summer sale. But I'm going to think about it. I feel they deserve it. So I may just throw them a pity bone.
Not really impressed with Namco's publishing efforts on PC so far (this, Ridge Racer, and now the Dark Souls port).

What are the like in this game? Are they sort of based on real world ones (but with enough differences to not get sued)? I think I saw one that looked like a Camaro in one of the promo shots.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Myself and a few mates will (well, should) be spending our Lazy Sunday playing through Amnesia: TDD, and since my experience with the game extends just to running through it aimlessly (and helpfully edited) for the Portal 2 ARG achievement potato/es, I'm wondering if there are any mods/tweaks I should be aware of?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm wait now I'm sort of confused.

What timezone does Steam use? Since it's June 10 here but I take it it's June 9 in Steam side, right?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
PST. They update it via California time, basically.

Ah I see, so it's still Saturday there.

What do you guys think will be the main sale for the next day - not too familiar with Paradox's bigger titles since I only know most of their smaller ones.

Ah I see, so it's still Saturday there.

What do you guys think will be the main sale for the next day - not too familiar with Paradox's bigger titles since I only know most of their smaller ones.

Crusader Kings 2 if this is anything to go by. All of the games mentioned in that stream, in that order, have been the sale daily deals.

Edgeward

I had someone try to phish me last night, it was a really terrible attempt I must say. He sends the friend invite, I accept, he says hello then goes on to say "Have you heard what they say about you in forum?" Verbatim. I ask which forum, then he dumps a link that says Steamconnunity lol and tells me to go to that and login. I told him then and there to get fucked, I didn't hear anything else from him.

That is pretty much the exact thing that happened to me last night too, except I just blocked him right after seeing the link. A real poor attempt.

Levyne

Banned
Bored, so I am buying the Empire at War Gold pack on a whim. Never really got a chance to play it. I hear it's easy too which is good because I suck otherwise at pc strategy games.

My brother has the dvd version of the game...hopefully we can play online somehow.

Gvaz

Banned
Someone bought me chaser.

bad guns, bad ai, interesting level design, surprisingly good cinematic design, okay music, story seems rather interesting, script is kind of bad

I think it's worth a play at least

I've been out of the PC loop for so long. I got a laptop to play Diablo III, which is awesome, especially co-op. Picked up Civ V in the recent sale and am enjoying it.

Anticipating the Steam sale so that I can round out my PC catalog a bit ... while still suffering a hefty backlog on the 360 and PS3.

However, I see these games going on sale and I have no clue if I should be jumping in.

So, Mount & Blade. What kind of games are they? Thumbs up, thumbs down?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Whoa, mount and blade 75% off? Been waiting for this sale for a while now.

Glass Rebel

Minor rant:

All my work on custom Quake images is for naught because I forgot about one little thing:

uPYBa.jpg
I really want to know why iD couldn't make the Quake mission packs act like DLC...

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Is the newest Mount & Blade worth it? I have the other 3. Or just stick to Warband??

Vastag

I just got the napoleon expansion for warband (is multiplayer only) and its preatty nice. Cannons with different types of amunitions, people with drums, flutes and flags that give you bonuses, sappers building and destroying structures...

ArjanN

lol yeah

Sword and Sworcery had the same problem, so I deleted it and reinstalled it (since it's a small game I could do that quickly on my slow connection) and that fixed it.

Redownloading Dear Esther now, I think the fact that I changed my windows user name recently (maybe in the middle of some steam downloads) might have something to do with it.

FYI Reinstalling pretty much never fixes anything.

Just check the file integrity through Steam.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So is Mount and Blade worth playing first? Or should I just start on Warband? I'm probably only going to play single player.

So is Mount and Blade worth playing first? Or should I just start on Warband? I'm probably only going to play single player.

Skip to Warband. Ignore the original and With Fire & Sword.

After that, head over to The Caravanserai and mod up!

If you're completely new to the game, mess around in Vanilla first.

If you want a difficult and rich single player experience, I recommend Prophesy of Pendor and Brytenwalda. For MP, I've stuck to Vanilla and cRPG.

feel

FYI Reinstalling pretty much never fixes anything.

Just check the file integrity through Steam.
I did that yesterday along with every other possible solution in the Steam support page and it still was busted.

But deleting the local content and reinstalling ended up fixing it in this case, I'm almost sure it was because I did a name change on my Windows User account in between installing the game, and actually playing it for the first time. Thanks for the reply.

Aselith

I have Crusader Kings 2, Sword of the Stars 2 and Magicka + The Stars are Left DLC that I will sell for 12.49 or individually at:

$9 CK2
$3 Magicka + DLC
$3 Sword of the Stars 2

if anyone wants them. Got them from that Amazon bundle but I only bought it for Victoria 2 since it wasn't discounted anyways. I can't imagine that they'd be any lower than that on a daily.

Has Sword of the Stars 2 been a daily deal sale yet? If not, I could see them offering that at 75% off rather than CK2 - since CK2 has only been out a few months.

I believe it was a few weeks ago for 9.99.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I have Crusader Kings 2, Sword of the Stars 2 and Magicka + The Stars are Left DLC that I will sell for 12.49 or individually at:

$9 CK2
$3 Magicka + DLC
$3 Sword of the Stars 2

if anyone wants them. Got them from that Amazon bundle but I only bought it for Victoria 2 since it wasn't discounted anyways. I can't imagine that they'd be any lower than that on a daily.

I believe it was a few weeks ago for 9.99.

PM'd

Derrick01

Banned
Is Sengoku worth it if you have crusader kings 2? I've heard it's basically a lesser version of the CK games but still pretty good, but if it's just CK2 with less features then I don't really see the point in buying it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is Sengoku worth it if you have crusader kings 2? I've heard it's basically a lesser version of the CK games but still pretty good, but if it's just CK2 with less features then I don't really see the point in buying it.
What if it's $4.50?

Aselith

+1 to Aselith for a trustworthy sale. I paid and he gave me the keys.

Thanks to Xelios also!

I still have Magicka + DLC available and it is the Magicka Collection per what my Digital Download library says so you'd get I believe every DLC along with the game for only $3 if anyone wants it. No way you'll get a daily better than that.

To sweeten the pot, I also have a product code for SotS Complete Collection that I will give away with Magicka. This DOES NOT activate on Steam and is the first game but it would be activate the product however they activate non-Steam games if you want it. If the buyer doesn't want it, I'll give it away after the game is sold. I dunno how you'd get the game files to actiavte but maybe you can download it on the Paradox website? Not sure.

zkylon

zkylewd
Everybody should own Warband. If you can get past the ridiculously lo-fi presentation, you'll find something amazing in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom