• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroGreg

So is the code working at puppy games now? i entered it, but the site still wanted a credit card #. i don't want to enter the cc # and hit purchase without knowing for sure.

nexen

So is the code working at puppy games now? i entered it, but the site still wanted a credit card #. i don't want to enter the cc # and hit purchase without knowing for sure.

I entered my CC ## and it told me that the code had expired. :(

So would you guys recommend Gothic 2 or 3? I'm assuming the enhanced edition of 3 is better?

2 is supposedly the best one but I found it had aged too much for me to get into it. I played 3 almost to completion and enjoyed it lots, though I've heard it is dumbed down compared to 2. The expansion of 3 I didn't like at all.

2 is supposedly the best one but I found it had aged too much for me to get into it. I played 3 almost to completion and enjoyed it lots, though I've heard it is dumbed down compared to 2. The expansion of 3 I didn't like at all.

Hi 5 man! I finished Gothic 3 myself at as close to 100% as I could get. I know how you have suffered.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
So would you guys recommend Gothic 2 or 3? I'm assuming the enhanced edition of 3 is better?

2, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD 2!!! Gothic 3 isn't dumbed down. Its just plagued with Horrible meele combat and inefficient engine. If you do get 3, i suggest you play as a mage.

Derrick01

Banned
I guess I'll get 2 and maybe 4 even if it's supposedly streamlined. It's cheap enough where I won't care if it sucks too much. Thanks guys.

nexen

2, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD 2!!! Gothic 3 isn't dumbed down. Its just plagued with Horrible meele combat and inefficient engine. If you do get 3, i suggest you play as a mage.

I had a lot of fun with Gothic 3's combat as a warrior. Drawing out an entire townful of orcs and somehow managing to kill them all was absolutely fantastic. Yeah, it was janky as all hell but it certainly was a good time.

AcridMeat

Banned
Iron Brigade (formerly known as Trenched) just got updated in the steam registry, so I'm guessing it'll be out very soon.
FINALLY
1jLqZ.gif

Say, has anyone here ever won something from Steamgifts?

Won a DOTA 2 beta key on there, and a Faerie Solitaire key but that hardly counts since there was more keys than entries

Not sure if it's been posted but the Mount & Blade colletion is on sale on GreenManGaming for anyone interested in it (Steamworks)

Blizzard

Banned
Is there a way to set a cap for Steam's download speed?
That's a good idea, along with an option to allow one to play games without downloading the latest patch of said game. Unfortunately, Steam lacks either option. Email that Steam guy at Valve and suggest it!

HoosTrax

This x100. I've said it before and I'll say it again: G3 has worse melee combat than an Elder Scrolls game. It's not just boring/uninspired like TES, the melee is actually terrible. As soon as you get hit or connect with a hit yourself, the fight is all but over due to melee stunlocking. You just spam click to keep stunlocking until they're dead (or if the situation is reversed, you throw your hands up in the air because you won't get out of the stunlock). I guess some people might find it nervewracking or exciting...in a masochistic way.

Big, open game world, lot of content, and pretty pleasant-looking environment though.

Relax.MX

I like SMNC a lot (49 hr. is my new record for a beta) but is my fifth time I download the update and reset to zero...(1.8 GB for my 120kb/s mexican conexion is not easy)

Is this the last time i try...uninstall the game...and install again...hopefully it works

Don't listen to any of them. I will slay your enemies for you. There will be nothing left but the weeping of what once could have been, had they just not besmirched your good name, the name of Hawk xSx. Tales shall be told of your fury and swift justice. I shall make you a legend, and people will come to you, asking for your help. They will be in need.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
damn, I suppose you don't get extra copies from the Gothic universe bundle? I just want Gothic 1 but I already have the other ones...

KKRT00

Ok, can someone explain me where all games from my inventory gone? I understand that coupons have expired, but what about games?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ok, can someone explain me where all games from my inventory gone? I understand that coupons have expired, but what about games?

Community is down at the moment:

Sorry

The Steam Community is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

This error message may not have been in place an hour ago, but I'd say it's why nothing was appearing in your inventory.

Gvaz

Banned
I made a steamgifts for magica, and the two people who won, already have won two other gifts

Figures they also use friggin hotmail and never check it

Ok Gaf, I want to support another KickStarter game but I can only chose one (Wasteland 2 or Shadowrun).

I've never played the original Wasteland or any Shadowrun, but I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy any of them. Which one sounds like a better bet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom