• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Did you have any trouble connecting/finding players? I tried earlier but couldn't get anyone to play with.

I found someone almost instantly and stuck around for a bunch of rounds. We must be close, because there was no noticeable lag.

I think you can invite people to games, so I recommend checking out the Speedrunners group chat.

Gvaz

Banned
Oh. Well, I played only ACII and it has exactly 4 Uplay achievements, which doesn't really make sense. Thought it was the same with the later games.

No, those are called "awards". uPlay has actual achievements now like "kill a blood dragon with the bow"

If you buy saints row 4 instead of the new xcom you are a bad person.

I loved saints row 3 and will own 4 at some point but the bureau looks pretty amazing.

3robqq.jpg

Gvaz

Banned
If you buy saints row 4 instead of the new xcom you are a bad person.

I loved saints row 3 and will own 4 at some point but the bureau looks pretty amazing.

It's a third person shooter.

A prequel to xcom that they tried to make to draw in the gears of derp crowd.

And I wouldn't get the sequel to one of the best coop games ever for that? Psh.

Vecks

I just played an hour of the Speedrunners beta. I had a really good time.

- It's a 4 player competitive platformer. The goal is to run off the screen and leave the others behind.
- Multiple paths, powerup pickups, traps
- You have a rope and can swing on certain material
- It's not built in flash. It just looks like it.
- It feels good.

Oooo, this looks neat.

Ew, Lords of Shadow.

I would rather they put Lament of Innocence on Steam.

I would rather they put lords of shadow on steam.

I just played an hour of the Speedrunners beta. I had a really good time.

- It's a 4 player competitive platformer. The goal is to run off the screen and leave the others behind.
- Multiple paths, powerup pickups, traps
- You have a rope and can swing on certain material
- It's not built in flash. It just looks like it.
- It feels good.

In.

Saints Row is just a boring collectathon' with lame missions.

At least X-Com has kewl mechanics

jediyoshi

Looks like you'd get worked if you tried to play it as a cover shooter. Demos have made it out to be more along the Mass Effect 1 camp.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Well shit, only a few hours away and looks like I'm going to have to wait until my b-day or until the next sale to pick up Recettear. I hate being broke and passing up on deals like this. :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thank heavens it's possible to beat (most of?) the flying challenges in JC2 with an upgraded Rowlinson K22, the planes are a bitch to handle,

I had a lot of trouble with the flying missions initially, but you grow accustomed to how they handle. Save for a couple of exceptions, though I don't remember why, I just used (or at least began the race with, because sometimes I crashed) the default vehicle; it's the base-jumping races that I loathed the most.

Grief.exe

Xseed looking to bring more JRPGs to Steam.

“We are absolutely interested in bringing more titles, especially JRPGs, to PC,” XSEED executive vice president Ken Berry told Siliconera.

“We are doing what we can to make it happen, so hopefully we will have an announcement within the next month or so.

XSEED has released three games on Steam to date, all from the Ys series by Nihon Falcom.

“They have done great on Steam, and hopefully that introduced a lot of new people to the Ys series so that they will want to check out the latest offering on PS Vita when it comes out later this year,” Berry said.

“They’ve surpassed our expectations, and we are definitely looking to bring more titles to PC.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/01/xseed-keen-to-release-more-pc-games/

Grief.exe

What other PC-Games does Falcom have?

They have Zwei IIRC, the Ys Ark of Nsomething and the Trails in the Sky Series, right?

Checking on Wikipedia, up until 2006 they were pretty much exclusively a PC developer.

I'm sure those plans will manifest organically considering the Vita's install base of 10 people. :p

After reading that interview, I think XSEED will broach them on the subject quite quickly.

If they enjoy money that is.

Grief.exe

KMD accidentally posted in the wrong thread, so I will post for him

Beat the Purist challenge in Binding of Isaac tonight. Was my third attempt and on that one I got a sacred heart on floor one which gave me some good damage, but sadly I didn't find any tears up items during the whole run, so damn my shots were freaking slow!

And I went down to Sheol instead of cathedral so that made it a bit easier as well. Only have 1 challenge left, 7 Years bad luck.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Colonial Marines is $20 with season pass on Gamersgate.com.

Somebody convince me not to buy it.

Only one piece of DLC pertains to the SP and MP is a ghost town.

Edit: I misread your post, so I'll also add that the game is, by all accounts, bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom