• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windam

Scaley member
One more once~!
Revengence_zpsf4b060c9.gif

Entered but I haven't gotten a reply. Did I do something wrong? :x

Dawg

Oh, okay! :D And bro, you wanna take this to RealGAF bro let's go bro I'm ready

oh bro dems fighting words. you should be happy i'm kinda tired and stuff because oh boy, i'd totes show you. real shame i gotta hit the bed now, real shame man

FloatOn

I think I'm going to knock out Brothers A Tale of Two Sons on ps+ this month.

I've been trying not to play too many games at once as a way to get through my backlog faster but when it comes to games I guess I'm just too ADD for my own good. If you've been paying attention my January games are: Fallout 3, Guacamelee and Brothers

The_Monk

I've been trying not to play too many games at once as a way to get through my backlog faster but when it comes to games I guess I'm just too ADD for my own good. If you've been paying attention my January games are: Fallout 3, Guacamelee and Brothers

I found that it helps to have less games installed too fellow GAFfer, at least that's what I try to do when clearing the Backlog.

wilflare

what's really putting me off is the weird integration between the Desktop Client and Mobile Client. some chats show up on D, some on M ><

missing messages these way

GaussTek

Hope I'm doing this OK.

I already got a Beta key from the Project Spark team on Facebook, but they e-mailed me another one. So here is it if anyone wants it and has Windows 8.1 installed (you'll have to download the game first from the Windows Store):

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Project Spark Beta -- MB-66424B0C55E233A5 - Taken by Exuro

maty

what's really putting me off is the weird integration between the Desktop Client and Mobile Client. some chats show up on D, some on M ><

missing messages these way

Totally, I had an unread message on the mobile app from 5 days ago which didn't show up in the client. Someone wanted to trade but by the time I read the message the other person had already done the trade. :/

Exuro

Hope I'm doing this OK.

I already got a Beta key from the Project Spark team on Facebook, but they e-mailed me another one. So here is it if anyone wants it and has Windows 8.1 installed (you'll have to download the game first from the Windows Store):
Thanks, installing now.

denx

Is the new download-updates-while-you-play-games thingy supposed to be universal for all games or it needs to be setup in a game by game basis?

Firehead

Don't question.
You don't need to know why to enjoy it!

Me too.

I tried the demo out on PSN back when it released. I kept dying to that one dog thing towards the end of the demo... I don't think I'm hardcore enough for this game. I had enough trouble with Devil May Cry 3 and 4.

Is the new download-updates-while-you-play-games thingy supposed to be universal for all games or it needs to be setup in a game by game basis?

Go to Settings in the Steam client, and click the download tab. At the bottom of that you'll see the option to "Allow downloads during gameplay".

derExperte

- Added global setting to allow downloads during gameplay, and change the per-app settings to be global/allow/deny.

And it says you can override it per-game in the options.

denx

The options menu also looks different, no tabs at the top anymore.

It looks exactly the same as before. I don't know what is going on here.

and btw, I went back to the default skin in case PixelVision was screwing something up. Still looks the same.

Tenrius

The Deadshot fight in Arkham Origins doesn't even make sense. Spoiler tag just in case:

So I took out all the henchmen and I'm seemingly free to beat up Deadshot himself. But no, another bunch of henchmen randomly arrives without no apparent reason or warning. It's very easy to get shot at that point and I did. Well, when I reloaded a save, I got back into stealth mode after the extra gunmen had came in and took them out and then started beating Deadshot up again. At some point he shouted something and ran towards a guy who has been sitting in the middle of it, just a few steps away from where I fought him. I did the obvious: ran after him and went on with punching him, but then I suddenly saw a game over screen. Turns out he took that guy hostage and I was supposed to stealthily take him out? Well, that's utterly ridiculous, considering the circumstances.

derExperte

I tried the demo out on PSN back when it released. I kept dying to that one dog thing towards the end of the demo... I don't think I'm hardcore enough for this game. I had enough trouble with Devil May Cry 3 and 4.

Me too. But yeah, apparently I didn't understand the counter-system.

Sajjaja

I certainly didn't. Couldn't figure out how to pull it off properly. :(

Push the stick toward the direction of the attack and square(PS3)/X(360)? just before the attack connects. The window to parry is pretty large so once you get it, you should be good. Once you get that window down, get the perfect parry down for maximum counter attack damage :)

nbraun80

Props to Humble Bundle for emailing me again that I was on the cusp for starbound and that they got me a key. Didn't think they'd do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom