• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-6120A2342D7606E9 - Taken by bluechox2. 12 entrants total.

t1418310342z1.png

Ruruja

Is this only DLC or also the base game?

While I'm at it... I'd like to ask everyone what are some of the best/your favorite racing games on PC? I haven't played any. My favorites on consoles include Ridge Racer, F-Zero, WipeOut, Sega Rally, Outrun, and to a lesser extent Gran Turismo (for the eye candy and realism. I love eye candy).

GTR Evo is very sim-like.

It looks like you prefer arcadey types so things like GRID and GRID2, DIRT series, Test Drive Unlimited 2, Burnout Paradise, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (imo the best karting game of all time) are games I think you'd like.

Catshade

While I'm at it... I'd like to ask everyone what are some of the best/your favorite racing games on PC? I haven't played any. My favorites on consoles include Ridge Racer, F-Zero, WipeOut, Sega Rally, Outrun, and to a lesser extent Gran Turismo (for the eye candy and realism. I love eye candy).

A little bit old, but I love FlatOut. Love the destruction and the hilarious ragdoll physics, reminds me a lot of the classic Destruction Derby series on PS1.

Pakkidis

I want to buy Iron Brigade (80% off right now) Problem is its future seems murky regrading GFWL. It seems there is no clear answer if GFWL is being removed or not.

What do you guys think?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I want to buy Iron Brigade (80% off right now) Problem is its future seems murky regrading GFWL. It seems there is no clear answer if GFWL is being removed or not.

What do you guys think?

I'm not gonna tell you to buy it,, but I do think that GFWL will still be removed at some point.

What do you guys think?

Game is by Double Fine, seeing how they abandoned Spacebase DF-9 probably they won't patch it. I'd wait and see.

Deques

Game is by Double Fine, seeing how they abandoned Spacebase DF-9 probably they won't patch it. I'd wait and see.

I haven't read any news that Double Fine will be removing GFWL from Iron Brigade.

Since Double Fine only develop games with funds that come from the sales, I don't think Iron Brigade will have it's GFWL removed since it's not giving enough money to Double Fine to bother with removal of the DRM...

Sini

What do you guys think?
Check SteamDB for it. You'll have a nice surprise there.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
IRon Brigade isn't going to have both if they ever finish patching. The steam achievements aren't live yet and the keeping gfwl in negates the purpose of all this recent steamworks patching anyways.

Those Dungeon Defender guys sure have made a lot of money from that one idea they had, or at least that's how it seems.

Dungeon Defenders level - 2010
Dungeon Defenders iOS game - 2010
Dungeon Defenders game - 2011
Dungeon Defenders DLC - 2011-onwards
Dungeon Defenders Eternity - 2014
Dungeon Defenders II - 2014

I'm surprised people are still supporting them, but hey.
I'm surprised it's even included in the OP considering their previous questionable business practices and how the former president of Trendy Entertainment (who's still involved with the company) is a piece of shit scumbag. He also likes his female androids to be sexy and underage.

Deques

Double Fine is really clever. I wanted to purchase Hack 'n' Slash only but you can't :D I don't want to support Space Base DF9 XD

It's easy. Let a sucker buy Spacebase, and hope that the sucker already has Hack 'n Slash, so he can gift it to you.
You haven't supported DF and you got a free game :)

dex3108

It's easy. Let a sucker buy Spacebase, and hope that the sucker already has Hack 'n Slash, so he can gift it to you.
You haven't supported DF and you got a free game :)

I purchased it already so i am stuck with Spacebase :( Oh well +1 for profile, i am nnow on 299 games :D

my name is freshveggie and I like to put F2P games on my wishlist
..that's the second time you caught me now. I feel like I am being watched >_>

How am I supposed to put lewd games on my Wishlist now when I know I am being monitored?
-
is Kenshi making any progress? That's been on my wishlist forever.
Read some reviews and update logs. Looks like one of the better ea games.
Even currently has lots of content while still having many more to come.
But yeah, I haven't played it so no clue first-hand.
-
2014-12-11_13-32-52.jpg

I'll just leave this here ... ;)
Eh? With Steam regularly hitting the shitter during sales and archaic weekly offline maintenance?
There's a lot of space upwards for Steam.
-
SEGA pls, bring Yakuza to Steam so I can finally experience this
r8MG2XX.gif
I. Am. Ready.

Jawmuncher

So are we getting locked on the 18th when the sale comes aorund?
I personally see it as hypocritical since were not on gaming side anymore.

I agree with you, we shouldn't get locked.

The sale thread will be a dumpster, at least here we could debate and talk without having to deal with hundreds of posts asking if a game will be cheaper or similar questions repeated a lot.

I am fully against a lock. Last sale I almost didn't visit the sale thread in Gaming at all but stayed here. We are a community. Lots of regular posters.

Same here, I didn't visit the autumn sale thread at all.

We are getting locked during sale? Even though we are now in Community?

That is grade a bs.

Who decides the lock? Mods or MrOrange?

I am fully against a lock. Last sale I almost didn't visit the sale thread in Gaming at all but stayed here. We are a community. Lots of regular posters.

Who gets hurt when this thread stays open? No one, because for the first time the Steam thread is not a competition to the sales thread.

Jawmuncher

I don't know if were getting locked.
I'm just wondering since that has been the case back when both threads were on gaming side. If it didn't feel like we were just dropped off over here aside from the bannings we would probably already know.

Turfster

you've got a frustrating experience that soured me on Wolf for the evening.
Yeah, the bridge was a serious dip in fun factor for me, and everything that came after didn't really recapture the awesomeness of the earlier segments. It becomes much more just a straight up manshoot.

GMG is having a Humongous Entertainment sale and a Retroism sale too, 75% off everything

Words for Evil releases on Steam today, so IG Every Monday 25 might have keys soon

Deques

I never like the sales thread at all. Lots of unknown people pops up and it's hard to keep track of what's happening since there are 500 other members who post about same thing in 10 pages

I got a odd error today
dqi15.png

Dumb Steam, I have only one account!

I think it means another windows account, not another steam account.

Probably it was being executed by the windows admin account, or some service account.

I had couple of TF2 keys so i wanted to buy/trade them for game, but traders are only dealing with H&S+DF9. I am saving my card money for Winter Sale :D

Oh, I see, I thought you couldn't buy it on the steam store :)

Tizoc

Bah gawd.
16 MB just made FF13 run at steady 60 FPS!

I bet Anima boss but the current area dips the FPS to 40 D;
Will set shadows to lowest and see if that fixes it but otherwise, S-E really should've waited b4 releasing FF13 the way the game runs now is much better.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of JustLynx, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-568455DC9AEDE093 - Taken by Mengy. 13 entrants total.

t1418315562z1.png

I think MRORANGE does. He wrote this in the OP
I'd also prefer it if this thread could stay open..
Well then changing this "policy" should be easy?
I am gonna send him a PM. Orange is usually a good fellow who takes others input serious, so I am hopeful things will work out.

Arthea

MRORANGE doesn't have the power to lock this thread. Go shoot a message to an actual mod if you want it to stay opened.

Actual mods don't visit this thread (probably community in general (><), so it won't be locked, unless mrOrange requests so and mod obliges, he's right about pm-ing mrOrange, because we know he wants this thread locked during the sale.

Top Bottom