• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

What time does the sale start in the UK if anyone knows?

t1482429600z4.png

+1-2 hours until the store is actually reachable

Amzin

Are you saying there should be no lag?

It's impossible to eliminate all lag, especially over a wireless connection, but it shouldn't be major. I use streaming from my gaming PC to my media PC 2 rooms over over wifi and it works OK (gaming PC gets download speeds > 100mbs over that network for reference). I wouldn't play multiplayer FPS or Furi or Dark Souls over something like that with todays' tech though.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Oh wow that’s right, sale starts today! Merry Christmas to my wallet, LOL!!!!

MaxiLive

Well I'm and at my parents place for the holidays. Which means I'm without a machine to game on apart from a low spec Windows tablet. Has anyone got any low spec game recommendations? Games like Undertake and Life of pixel.

Also, whoop sale day! I haven't got much on my list but can't wait to see if something tickles my fancy.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Will this thread be closed for Winter Sale or will it stay up and a separate thread will go up and leave this unbothered?

Knurek

Nabs, do you ever use the analog stick? I've always seen that as a stopgap for people who were unable to wrap their head around the design and assumed it would be removed in the next iteration.

I'm playing Day of the Tentacle at the moment, and I have 1-4 keys mapped to directions on the stick.
Great way to choose conversation options.
In my VN preset, left stick is mapped to mouse wheel, since many VNs use that for viewing text history.
So I can't really say it's useless, per se.

Aaron D.

Well, I reorganized the top 30 or so in my Steam Wishlist. I've got over 200 titles there and was surprised how far back some of them went.

Let's get this party started!

Nabs

Well I'm and at my parents place for the holidays. Which means I'm without a machine to game on apart from a low spec Windows tablet. Has anyone got any low spec game recommendations? Games like Undertake and Life of pixel.

Also, whoop sale day! I haven't got much on my list but can't wait to see if something tickles my fancy.

If you like puzzle games, I recommend the Hexcells complete pack. It'll keep you occupied for a while.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It doesn't anymore.
Mayflash has an updated driver on their website which allows for switching the schemes to match the placement instead of letters.

Weird, the one in the site says Mar 2015 patch and that's the one I'm using

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Will this thread be closed for Winter Sale or will it stay up and a separate thread will go up and leave this unbothered?

This thread will be closed when the sale thread goes up on gaming side. The community thread will resume with the January thread when the sale ends.

zkylon

zkylewd
Fight smart.

Hire Irval, pawn with brawn.

Think he looks like this now:

Irval is the best.

That pawn stuff was so fun. I should replay DDDA some time.

yeah pawn stuff is cool

whole game is great

your pawn looks cool btw

If you want to add teggygah as a Steam friend I have a pawn in there. You might have leveled past it, though, I got distracted from the game for some reason and didn't come back.
i still see some pawns that are higher level than me so i'm not THAT overleveled but the game does feel super easy right now

LostDonkey

Well - we're all wrong really. Store will update without the correct prices at 6pm, then the store will go down under the load, so the sale won't really start till quite a bit after that :p

Haha very true. It usually takes a while before I can actually start to browse without problems.

Anno

Has anyone here tried the Wolcen early access? It looks like a pretty capable aRPG loot-em-up from the page and Steam reviews.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
WARMACHINE: Tactics - Standard Edition -- MB-EBB4C10E49B48485 - Taken by Mavromatis

Also have leftovers here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226925988&postcount=7159

Fantastic Checkers 2 -- MB-FB70E0C609452352 - Taken by Professor Lexicovermis
Balloon Blowout -- MB-FD83871FB9619C3A - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Ultimate Word Search 2: Letter Boxed -- MB-0F53DDC881C84B75
Bubble Blowout -- MB-F7DBF768AF253D8E
Puzzles Under The Hill -- MB-32A01A2034E6F1A9 - Taken by xeris
Ludo Supremo -- MB-1EDE082AF1F9AF25 - Taken by krczt23

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh another new Paladins character, cool. Hopefully that comes along, I liked what I played a few months ago, shameless Overwatch clone or not.

I would bite on the Founder's pack at a nice discount tbh just to ensure all the future characters (although from what I played you could buy characters with the in game currency very fast)

Anustart

Trying to play the re7 demo. Won't even load. After 3 minutes, error saying it can't reach the internet.

Then it'll put my mouse cursor on that error window and can't move the mouse high enough to x out, have to alt tab and close from task bar. Lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
while selling all my cards I needed a distraction, went on youtube for some tunes and fell down a Rhianna shaped hole and I cant get out. Time to leave this thread and join Popgaf I guess.

d00d3n

You can get Mankind Divided for 16.49 Euro right now on Steam. The offer only lasts for one more hour, though. Time to pester your friends and family with immersive sim christmas gifts, folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom