• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Jimrpg

Now that new inventory history shows booster drops, someone should make script to collect that data from there and analyze it.

But last checked last 4 boosters manually:

~5 days (level 126), 3373 eligible for booster

And other results:

level 20 ~10 days, 1118 eligible for booster
level 10 ~12 days, 693 eligible for booster

So at level 120 you can get ~73 boosters a year. That's about 4,4€ assuming 2 cents profit per card. And half of that at level 20.

For level 120, you need about 100€ worth of cards, so it probably doesn't matter in practice.

I’m level 26 and I’m sure I don’t get a booster every 10 Days? Maybe every six months?

Jimrpg

My Steam client keeps failing to run on Windows startup.

k96fnwf.png

It's actually there in the process list, but it's not actually running. The tray icon is not showing and I can't launch my games. I have to force close it and run it manually to make it work. It's been like this for months and it's starting to get on my nerves.

In this case I would not have it autostart but just have a desktop/taskbar icon.

I have it happen to me sometimes too, ie it’s actually running according to the task manager but it’s nowhere to be seen and I have to end task and load it up again.

gabbo

The amazing thing about RAGE was how its Easter Egg Quake throwback bit had textures that looked worse than Quake itself.

That macroblocking isn't due to image compression, it's how the game actually looked.

That looks exactly like Quake to me.

In this case I would not have it autostart but just have a desktop/taskbar icon.

I have it happen to me sometimes too, ie it's actually running according to the task manager but it's nowhere to be seen and I have to end task and load it up again.

I get this a lot after it tries to install an update and the little splash window just hangs there/freezes. Hopefully their update fixes this crap. My hopes are not high

illusionary

Okay, so I've just played through the first episode of Orwell and this seems really neat. The investigation mechanic is intriguing and unusual, with indications of what could well become a compelling background story.

I'll hopefully play through the rest of the episodes over the next fews days or so (something else to try to fit in before Super Mario Odyssey!), but for now the second part is straight onto my wishlist. Of course, I'm sure that was their hope with it being included in the Monthly Bundle.

This has been happening to my sister, too. Are you using Windows 10?

Yes, Win10.

I have it happen to me sometimes too, ie it’s actually running according to the task manager but it’s nowhere to be seen and I have to end task and load it up again.

Yeah, it works most of the times but when it doesn't work, it's annoying.

Salsa

just played though INSIDE on a single sitting finally and uhhh yeah that's about as perfect as you can make a game.

the only bad thing I can say about it is that my controller vibration didn't work for some reason

that's it

Uzzy

Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Episode 2 complete. While perhaps not quite as excellent as Episode 1, Deck Nine are continuing to knock this out of the park. Great scenes, great moments and exceptionally human writing. I genuinely burst out laughing a few times, and I certainly never thought
I'd be checking my Shakespeare folio
in a game.

Only one episode left of this to go, not counting the bonus episode, but I'm expecting magic and emotional trauma.

I am compressing my SSD to hold me over until black friday (only 120gb). I currently have pubg installed, hopefully it doesn't give me soup buildings again.

Lain

SakuraGame's ways to promote the games s/he sells has reached new heights:

Purchase 《Taima Miko Yuugi》 from 9:00AM, Oct. 20, 2017 to 8:59AM, Oct. 27, 2017(GMT) and click the link above you may win a 160cm pillow case!

Limitations and steps:
1、From 9:00AM, Oct. 20, 2017 to 8:59AM, Oct. 27, 2017(GMT) After purchasing 《Taima Miko Yuugi》, login to the link above and follow the steps accordingly(please set your profile to public). Roll a number from 0~99998, the largest 20 lucky gamers will receive a pillow case. Each gamer can roll once per day.
2、You can check for your scores the next day, if you win, fill out the for of your address . We'll start mailing after Nov. 5.
3、The number is from 0 to 99998, so each day there's a maximum number of 99999.
4、Any malicious or hostile intent will result in user being banned for life.
5、Due to various reasons, this promotion is limited in China Mainland, if you win and you are not in China Mainland, you can choose to exchange it for keys of our other games. Please contact swerboyd@foxmail.ccom for information.

We recommend you to use FireFox or Chrome to login, if the website shows 'You need to puchase the game first' or ' loading' please wait and try again.

Thank you for you support.

Have a good day and game on!

My Steam would just be in the background process and not actively open whenever I turn on my computer and it doesn't connect to the internet right away. It would pop up saying connecting, go away and won't open until I kill the process. So could be that?

Jimrpg

So Dirt Rally is the best rally game available on steam at the moment? It looks pretty good.

Not just the best rally game on steam, but maybe of all time and one of the best racing games I've ever played. The driving just feels GREAT, and the tracks are as good as they were in Colin 1/2 days. There aren't a whole lot of modes and the career is barebones (you just race over and over again and get promoted if you finish top 3 over a season), but its the rally game rally fans have been wanting for a long time.

Disclaimer: I haven't played RBR, but it knocks the official WRC games out of the park.

And I played with a Logitech G27 Wheel and its awesome, not sure how it will be with just a controller though. 80% off is a steal!

Ezalc

That all sounds mostly great but as somebody who doesn't really play multiplayer, I don't know if it's something I'd be interested in if the career portion is so lacking.

Sarcasm

That all sounds mostly great but as somebody who doesn't really play multiplayer, I don't know if it's something I'd be interested in if the career portion is so lacking.

That is a very small part of it...it doesn't really have multiplayer. You can pretty much ignore it.

Jimrpg

I don't play multiplayer (haven't touched it).

I'll try and give more detail to the career mode if that helps you decide on the game. The career mode is basically the multi season mode or the mode where you race on all the tracks in the game. There's five 'ranks'/levels and you start at the easiest difficulty and you play a season accruing points over the season to get promoted (top 3) to the next rank. You'll get to play on pretty much all the stages in the game, that's 6 locations x 12 tracks. There's both short (about 4 mins) and long (8 mins) tracks here. You can assign engineers to your team which help you fix the car better in between stages. But aside from that the career is just races. (Theoretically most career modes in car games are just 'races'.)

The beauty of Dirt Rally is that its a difficult game to master. Not only will one mistake cost you 1st place, but there's a huge element of risk and reward in the driving as you dare yourself to go faster knowing that if you lose the car, 1st place is all but gone. Yet, because the season doesn't just depend on one race, its not necessary to restart over and over again (unless you want to), the way I've been playing, Ive been fine getting some third places, some fifth places and the occasional victory, and I'm enjoying trying to get promoted even though usually the win is out of reach. I know that if I go at 90-95% of the speed without stacking I've got a good chance at getting a really good result.

The physics and handling are just great. I would definitely put this into the sim category, though not quite as demanding as something like Assetto Corsa. Perhaps fun 'sim' is more accurate. The cars all behave in a 'fun' way but will a lot of nuance and depth. Some people still hate the handbrake and I haven't mastered it yet but I have pulled it off more often than not, which suggests to me that its probably fine.

If you're after a detailed career mode with 'story', full race weekends, upgrades to your car etc. F1 2017 would probably fit the bill more.
I'm gonna wait for that 50% end of season discount :p

Anyway if you're gonna pick one rally game on Steam, its Dirt Rally for sure, unless you want to go to the trouble of finding Richard Burns Rally and getting mods and stuff.

Tizoc

Can Telltale keys be redeemed on Steam?

idk what you mean, to me rage is crazy impressive, taking in a view sometimes is just like breathtaking

When was the last time you played Rage? You may want to replay it and see if its visuals still hold up.
As I worte very few sections looked impressive, and these are among those few that I remember looked anything worthwhile

Screenshots I took of the game said:

Nabs

I wish Microsoft would make it easier to add UWPs to Steam. Forza Horizon 3 is as tempting as a UWP can be to me, but having to use workarounds to add the damn thing to Steam is a killer.

Nabs

Why do you need to add it to Steam?

To utilize the Steam Controller Config. The DS4 and Steam Controller have gyros built in, and they work nicely with games like Horizon.

I currently use a 3rd party program called GloSC, but there's no promise that it'll always work.

Tizoc

I find it odd that WinGameStore only sells Telltale keys and not Steam keys of TT games.
They have GotG for USD 10 which is the proper price for me to get TT games at.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tonton, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tonton, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

STRIDER -- MB-37C83984357057AC - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.

t1508611790z1.png

Had my first season with ADO Den Haag. Finished third in the league and got a Champion's League spot. Finished third in goals, had a teammate first (you're welcome).

Finally got my first callup in August 2018. I assume the US missed the World Cup here too. Scored 3 goals in my first two caps. Also got a hat trick on the second leg of the Champion's League playoff. We are in the group stage now.

Higuain apparently won best player in Europe. Truly this is a wondrous land.

Jadax

Had my first season with ADO Den Haag. Finished third in the league and got a Champion's League spot. Finished third in goals, had a teammate first (you're welcome).

Finally got my first callup in August 2018. I assume the US missed the World Cup here too. Scored 3 goals in my first two caps. Also got a hat trick on the second leg of the Champion's League playoff. We are in the group stage now.

Higuain apparently won best player in Europe. Truly this is a wondrous land.

FM17 thread? Though you're talking about your player - so Fifa?
On a similar note, I'm waiting for FM18 - supposed to have a lot of new changes, hopefully won't be all talk like the last two FMs.

Finished The Evil Within 2, it was a really good game, took a little bit to really get me interested but it finished strong and I had a really good time along the way. Might do a New Game + play through some day when I don't have a bunch of other stuff to play. Took me 12 hours total, didn't over stay it's welcome.

Top Bottom