• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you bought the humble E3 bundle you should have a 30% Grim Fandango coupon and a 10% Humble Store coupon in your humble account which stack with the current sale

got it for 4,40€

The question about EA games is, how to even see whether it has been fully released? I mean they can release half of the game, then just call it 1.0.

I remember this Cthullu game or whatever that was, was supposed to have MP, new engine and things like that. They cut the MP portion and said the game is complete now.

The question about EA games is, how to even see whether it has been fully released? I mean they can release half of the game, then just call it 1.0.

I remember this Cthullu game or whatever that was, was supposed to have MP, new engine and things like that. They cut the MP portion and said the game is complete now.

It's complete when the dev says it is. It's not different from games that release normally in that way.

Sure it's possible that they don't fulfill their promises but that's a risk you take for buying EA.

Uzzy

Has Splatoon been fully released? Or Destiny? Did Street Fighter 4 only become 'fully released' when Ultra came out?

You have to take the devs word for it really.

Arthea

Anybody can access Who's gaming now site? Not loading for me at all.

The problem I have with buying any EA games, I'm not interested in what could be or could have been or is possible, I want to know what is in the game and that's about it.
TBH I'm still amazed that EA even works.
edited: if it works

It's complete when the dev says it is. It's not different from games that release normally in that way.

Sure it's possible that they don't fulfill their promises but that's a risk you take for buying EA.

But then you could justify any broken game as a EA game, just because the dev said "its finished like that."

Has Splatoon been fully released? Or Destiny? Did Street Fighter 4 only become 'fully released' when Ultra came out?

I would say these have all the features that were advertised, dont they? They werent released in an alpha-state.

But then you could justify any broken game as a EA game, just because the dev said "its finished like that."

I would say these have all the features that were advertised, dont they? They werent released in an alpha-state.

Yeah that's how it works. There is no universal metric for a game being "finished" or not

Arthea

That's exactly the case quite often. King's Bounty: Dark Side comes to mind, apparently it was nowhere near finished when it left EA, there are more examples of this that I'm forgetting now.
Then again we have fully released games without going through any EA being broken on release so often that I don't know why would anybody think that EA will be different.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

guBn8vD.jpg

Arthea

Talking about EA, which game was considered as example how to EA? Speedrunners?

edited: so how about that Who's gaming know? Anybody can access it?

I got more than half way through Her Story last night and then stupidly messed it up by deleting all my progress. I'm actually not sure why the option to do so even exists within the game (and not, say, in a main menu). It's a shame because I was actually enjoying it quite a bit and I want to know more about the story. At the same time, the prospect starting from scratch and rewatching 150-200 videos is not appealing. Especially since there's no way to duplicate the organic progress I was making with my first run through it.

:(

I don't understand, this is marked as DLC 16, while only 12 DLCs released until now.
Also I purchased this and nothing downloads :S

114MB download for me.

Sini

Talking about EA, which game was considered as example how to EA? Speedrunners?
Games that have consistent update schedules like Nuclear Throne with updates every week and Prison Architect that gets update every month.

Arthea

I hope Fairy Fencer F will release this month, since the beta ended a week ago

Totally forgot about it, here goes my cheapest month of all

I still hope we'll get Trails SC this month too.

Tabletop Sim
Ziggurat
The Escapists
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Verdun
0rbitalis
Speedrunners
The Long Dark
Bedlam
Besiege
Sentris

and many more

ppl would rather focus on the negative is all

you have a point here

Maniac

Banned
I think people don't realize how game development progresses, especially in a small team.

The nature of software development means that progress will comes slow, but people are wired to expect instant gratification.

I see so many posts on GAF that specifically target Early Access and Kickstarter as negative things, but the data seems to scream the opposite. The majority of Early Access games putter along on their development schedules, many end up releasing, and many go on to be some of the highest rated releases on Steam. By extension, the Kickstarter program has been very successful as well, but people tend to remember the failed products.

That's basically how the human mind works. We tend to remember bad experiences much better than the good ones, and we tend to put more weight in a bad experience than a good one.

Silly hoomans.
Yeah there isn't much getting released this month on Steam. Hopefully we'll get a few surprises that pop up out of nowhere though.

Also - Modbot is now attached to this thread.

I do like the idea of "you may have missed" and then some of the more obscure, great releases from recent months. Cud b gut.

Maniac

Banned

Splatoon has content on-disk that's locked just so they can make it seem like they're generous with the content.

Destiny had a shit-ton of content cut just months before release and was significantly changed, and reduced to but a puddle of content, compared to the proverbial basin it would've otherwise been.

*shrug*
Tabletop Sim
Ziggurat
The Escapists
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Verdun
0rbitalis
Speedrunners
The Long Dark
Bedlam
Besiege
Sentris

and many more

ppl would rather focus on the negative is all
That's people for ya'. Prison Architect is also wonderful at the whole early access thing, and so is Nuclear Throne.

Has any of the free Witcher 3 dlc been meaningful content?

Yes and no. Some of them are kind of meaningful, and they're simply delightful. But if you take them all as one package, I would certainly say they're meaningful.

edit: Oops, forgot to change tabs. Bleh.

Ruruja

I've read it "shot divine", true story, free to play golf

Ha, I played that when it first came out many, many years ago.

---

Loving jshackles' restraint to making the OP one big enhancedsteam advertisement. I know I would in the same situation.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Ryne

Subscribing to the new thread, just to not say anything and lurk.

Just finished up Arkham Knight, my PC experience was tolerable with my 980 Ti, but I didn't buy this thing to have a tolerable experience.

Oh well, AK was actually a pretty fun game, and I loved the tank sequences.

Buraindo

Has any of the free Witcher 3 dlc been meaningful content?

Nothing world-shattering so far, but they're nice little additions and the quests are cool.
I'd recommend getting all of it except for the alternative sorceresses outfits, which I found to be way worse than the default designs.

Tizoc

Ori's check point system is annoying; you could collect stuff and like gain an ability but then you die and gotta restart from before you got those things lol.

Great game though if it could fix up its Check point system it'd been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom