• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Nothing world-shattering so far, but they're nice little additions and the quests are cool.
I'd recommend getting all of it except for the alternative sorceresses outfits, which I found to be way worse than the default designs.

You can disable the costumes in the main menu.

Volcynika

Ori's check point system is annoying; you could collect stuff and like gain an ability but then you die and gotta restart from before you got those things lol.

Great game though if it could fix up its Check point system it'd been better.

Get upgrade, make checkpoint. Easy peasy.

Volcynika

I know I can do that
I just need to remember to do that
Thing is if I keep doing it after every normal pickup, it becomes ridiculous :p

Die less then! Git gud, etc.

I only found the
escape
sequences to be places I died more than anywhere else.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
As a heads-up, if The Music Machine is indeed in the upcoming Groupees bundle, that is definitely worth a dollar and should be worth pre-ordering for that alone.

It's about a 2-hour long experience game, under the Walking Simulator class of game, but it has a bit more to it, a well-told story, some fun twists I won't spoil, striking style, and some good atmosphere with some light puzzles.

Werd

#2 Summer Sale game off the list, Ys: Oath in Felghana.

Final third of the game definitely stepped it up a bit, I particularly liked the clock tower stage and Chester boss fight. Since he is immune to magic I could stop constantly holding down charge on the whirlwind attack, and just use ground as a blocking mechanic in an intense melee duel. I like pure pattern recognition bosses just fine, but it was a nice change of pace. I got him down to 2-10% health at least half a dozen times before I went back and grinded out a level.

Overall I found the story, and characters a bit generic and there were some stretches I didn't care for the level design, but it was still a fun ARPG with responsive fast paced combat, great music and a fair amount of highlight moments. ~8/10.

Definitely preferred Ys Origin though. More interesting characters, plot and dialog with more consistent level design. When this music started playing in the final dungeon.... so good. And while I'm likely done with Oath, the alternate characters/viewpoints are a good draw for replays on Origin. Started one and plan to finish it, though I'm also ~10 hours into Valkyria Chronicles so that's probably up next.

Buraindo

You can disable the costumes in the main menu.

I know, but I'd rather save the 50ish MB of space and not download things that I don't like and won't use at all.

How problematic will Devil May Cry 4 be if my controller's Y button doesn't always respond properly?

Has any of the free Witcher 3 dlc been meaningful content?

Are you implying that free Horse Armor isn't meaningful content?

Nothing world-shattering so far, but they're nice little additions and the quests are cool.
I'd recommend getting all of it except for the alternative sorceresses outfits, which I found to be way worse than the default designs.

I forgot what the default Yen looks like.

...and I don't care.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Soul Gambler is currently on a 30 cents sale on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/313020/
CdoxUnm.jpg

Its a short visual Novel with a great artstyle, and its own multiple ending twist on the Faust story. I very much enjoyed playing through it twice (2-3 hours or so). Definitely recommended to pick up.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Stolen Couch Games
2 hours ago

Hi, everyone!

June was an amazing month for Castaway Paradise. A lot of players bought the game during the Summer Sale, and have become active members of our little community. We've also added and changed lots of things to the game!

Early June we released the first of many FREE DLC packs, the China Theme pack. It includes dozens of exclusive items you can only get here on Steam. Be sure to download it if you haven't already.

Later in the month Castaway Paradise celebrated the women's world cup soccer with another FREE DLC pack. Stolen Couch Games wants to support women's soccer by giving you all free items and clothing!

Besides free DLC packs Castaway Paradise has gotten numerous updates throughout the month to fix issues and give you all a better Castaway experience. Many requested features have been put in the game and we're planning a lot more changes.

So what's in store for July, you ask? Well A LOT!

Ronimo Games is the amazing developer of one of our favourite games: Awesomenauts. We're teaming up to bring you the exclusive Awesomenauts DLC pack! It includes 6 masks of some of the most popular 'Nauts from the popular MOBA. Best of all: the Awesomenauts DLC pack will be completely FREE!

July will also be the month we will welcome a new villager to the island. Get ready to meet .....! We're keeping her name secret for now :). This new villager will be downloadable for FREE. She will come with dozens of new quests and lots of chit chats. So be sure to say hello to her later this month.

That's all for today. Be sure to let your friends know that you like Castaway Paradise and that they should buy the game as well. Also, we would appreciate you leaving a review for our little game. If you want to stay up to date about all the new content you can like us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/CastawayParadise

Arthea

This is true, devs constantly update a game, fix bugs and talk with community. A game is not Rune Factory but then again which game is.

I just checked, I've already played it for 25 hours, bought it at summer sale.

One day, double dragon neon will be in a bundled. I was promise this, I'm still expecting it.
about that... it already was, I can't believe you missed that bundle, it was epic Indiegala bundle, they have a lot of those, now too, you should check it.

Arthea

http://38.media.tumblr.com/8f7b3a1d0e8a61bcc759844092ff0128/tumblr_inline_ni52kvLJJz1r09qkf.png[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MDEVxUD.jpg[/IMG

:P[/QUOTE]

that was second time, it was in the Dragon Rock Bundle before that, an epic bundle I have no idea how anyone could have missed
[QUOTE]
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/dragonrockbundlermaep.png

edited: I should have refreshed, yeah

Grief.exe

Not really. It's obviously all content that was originally in the game but cut so it could be released as free DLC for marketing purposes.

Fairly standard in game development for the art and design team to finish up well before development ends while the program team grinds away at release.

The Witcher 3 DLC not being significant would allude to this as the design/art teams needed to do something that would place near zero burden on the programming side.

RG0BS1U.gif

rtcn63

Fuck the
battle tower
in Shantae. I probably need to go back to town and pick up some better offensive magic.
Two tries, each time I was probably seconds away from finishing it. Is it optional or do I have to beat the tower to progress the story?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I do like the idea of "you may have missed" and then some of the more obscure, great releases from recent months. Cud b gut.

Sometimes we get stuff that literally comes out of nowhere and releases without much advertising but then ends up being great. I did the write-up for Her Story to give an example of one such game. Also I'm guessing King's Quest would be a good candidate for that section in next month's OP since they didn't announce the release date (I don't think) until the 29th(?) of June aka too late to put it in the OP.

Hopefully next month more people step up to write the recommendations. :)

Loving jshackles' restraint to making the OP one big enhancedsteam advertisement. I know I would in the same situation.

Enhanced Steam has always done well subsisting on word of mouth advertising - there's no need to shove it in anyone's face, especially since most everyone here is already using it... right?

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

VVVVVV -- MB-CC1070B54C144E9D
Quest of Dungeons -- MB-B9DB584C686F5CE7 - Taken by Boss Doggie

i still don't understand why the witcher dlc doesn't just automatically update. they should just patch that stuff into the game, i shouldn't have to manually download them.

This survey seems a desperate try to find the "right" formula to craft the next Metal Gear without Kojima's involvement.

Simple: by releasing each DLC with its own entry, the customer feels like they are grabbing something valuable. If you just release them as free updates, this perception would be missing.
It seems stupid, but it's not.
It's basically the same thing happening when you put a price tag of 69.98€ instead of 70€. The customer feels like he's paying less than 70€, even if it's not true.

they can't. any mgs game after this will no longer be canon. idc what anyone says, mgs is kojima's baby. can the next mgs game be good? sure, i doubt it, but it can happen. will it be canon? nah, new guy didn't spend like 10 years working on the series.

Jawmuncher

they can't. any mgs game after this will no longer be canon. idc what anyone says, mgs is kojima's baby. can the next mgs game be good? sure, i doubt it, but it can happen. will it be canon? nah, new guy didn't spend like 10 years working on the series.

It'll be fine. Not like Kojima has been flawless with his own property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom