• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that hilarious? after I bought South Park, it has huge discounts everywhere, including gamersgate where I bought it just several days before.
damn my luck, damn it to hell (._.)

edited: also it's probably cheapest yet, dlc too.

Everyone should thank you

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
GTA 5 PC's expanded soundtrack revealed (spoiler: 162 new songs)

Edit: oops, dp ... sorry ; _ ;
First comment is brutal.

Haha, nah, I* used to have one. I lost a bunch of photos of him when my SSD decided to suddenly kick the bucket the other week, which makes me a sad panda.

* Well, he belonged to my brother, but I looked after him for the last ~18 months of his life as my brother moved up north for work.
Oh. Well, that's sweet.

Arthea

Everyone should thank you

I was trying to say this many times before!
I wonder would games never have deep discounts if I haven't bought them. For example, I haven't bought (steam) Lumines... and it's never discounted... (><)

on the bright side, this rule only works for games I want to buy, so other games aren't dependant on my buying habits, of course, it doesn't help me in the slightest, as usual

Pachimari

I have a weird feeling, that I'm not getting everything out of my GTX 780 video card.

I set everything to ultra settings in my games and the framerates are fine, but sometimes the image seems grainy.

Is that because of my monitor?

derExperte

And I just upgraded from a regular ass 780 to the 780Ti a few months ago
for free.

I should wait for a 980Ti at least.

If you can sell the 780 for almost as much as a 980 costs it would be worth it but even paying 50€ on top isn't imo. And we probably won't get a Ti since there's nothing to unlock but who knows.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can someone explain how I can find out if what the region restrictions and gifting restrictions are for Far Cry 4?

1) Visit the store page of the region you want to purchase the game from (via a trader)
e.g. http://store.steampowered.com/app/298110/?cc=ru

2) Hover over the "Add to cart" button of the package you want and take note of its id
e.g. javascript:addToCart( 54144);

3) Look up the package on SteamDB
e.g. https://steamdb.info/sub/54144/

4) Look out for AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting, onlyallowrunincountries and (to a lesser extent) prohibitrunincountries

ACRTAG = Copies sourced from Eastern Europe, South America, South-east Asia or Turkey will be region-locked at the activation level if they're sent to an international user (Eastern European gifts can only be activated by those in Eastern Europe and so on)
OARIC = The game will only run if you're in one of the listed countries
PRIC = The will not run if you're in one of the listed countries

It's also possible for publishers to "language-lock" region-specific packages, as is the case with Far Cry 4 RU, but this isn't something that can be ascertained using SteamDB until the game has released and the depot names are known; however, publishers are usually pretty good about putting up a warning message on the store page in a timely fashion.

Nzyme32

1) Visit the store page of the region you want to purchase the game from (via a trader)

2) Hover over the "Add to cart" button of the package you want and take note of its id

4) Look out for AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting, onlyallowrunincountries and (to a lesser extent) prohibitrunincountries

ACRTAG = Copies sourced from Eastern Europe, South America, South-east Asia or Turkey will be region-locked at the activation level if they're sent to an international user (Eastern European gifts can only be activated by those in Eastern Europe and so on)

It's also possible for publishers to "language-lock" region-specific packages, as is the case with Far Cry 4 RU, but this isn't something that can be ascertained using SteamDB until the game has released and the depot names are known; however, publishers are usually pretty good about putting up a warning message on the store page in a timely fashion.

Saviour. Thanks Jase

JaseC

So.

Whats the difference between the gamecount in the library and in my profile.
My library shows I have 1014 games, my profile shows 999.

Your library count includes, in addition to owned games*, any installed demos, installed F2P games, and F2P games for which you own DLC. The Steam Community count includes only owned games* and software.

* Includes F2P games that were obtained via gift redemption/key activation -- previously Steam would spit out an error, but as of the Free on Demand system replacing sub 0, they're now +1s.

Your library count includes, in addition to owned games*, any installed demos, installed F2P games, and F2P games for which you own DLC. The Steam Community count includes only owned games* and software.

* Includes F2P games that were obtained via gift redemption/key activation -- they're now +1s.

Oh. Alright. Thanks. Guess my 1000th game will be some bundle game then :D

Arthea

* Includes F2P games that were obtained via gift redemption/key activation -- previously Steam would spit our an error but as of the introduction of the Free on Demand system they're now +1s.

wait, are you saying that f2p we own paid dlc for can be not included in our game count? I thought if you own dlc, it is included, always.

JaseC

wait, are you saying that f2p we own paid dlc for can be not included in our game count? I thought if you own dlc, it is included, always.

Yeah. Owning DLC for an F2P game has never conferred a +1, but in such cases the games do stick around in your library even when uninstalled.

Steam page is up.
Also shame on BinaryPork and BernardoOne wish listing it and not telling anyone.
Don't know much about good VNs but this looks quality. Wishlisted. Thanks for posting Jawy.
--
Get in line ladies, there is plenty to go around.
White hair is pretty badass and makes men look real rough. I like it.
But did you tan your character since yesterday lol?
--
f
like zky
and then lon
but together
Like I told you in PMs, I am still of the opinion your younger self just mispronounced zyklon wrong and you're just going with it till now :p
--
The Steam version is at v1.3.
Hey Jase, since you were so disappointed with AssUnity, how are you liking FC4 so far?
It looks like a first in the Far Cry franchise in that a sequel is not a massive change of style and game design. But actually very, very similar to FC3.
--
My 970 is finally here. I hope I won't destroy my PC by installing it :S
Didn't you just buy a new PC with a 760? Already a new one, huh.
Man, I need to find some kind of job. What a mess.
--
I should sell my 780ti and get a 980.
Because hype.
The graphic card game ridiculous.
The jelly is real.

Arthea

Nah, owning DLC for an F2P game has never conferred a +1, but in such situations the games do stick around in your library even when uninstalled.

*mindblown*
I was always sure that it's other way around, they stay in your library because they become +1 with dlc.
good to know, that when I buy a game and it hoes f2p it doesn't count as bought, the same with dlc!
that makes no sense, btw (><)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

JaseC

Hey Jase, since you were so disappointed with AssUnity, how are you liking FC4 so far?
It looks like a first in the Far Cry franchise in that a sequel is not a massive change of style and game design. But actually very, very similar to FC3.

Yeah, it's a stone's throw from being Far Cry 3 with a different setting, but that's not an entirely bad thing even though I prefer 2 to 3.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Today's Nvidia drivers will also have MFAA support compatible with GeForce GTX 980, GTX 970, GTX 980M, and GTX 970M GPUs.

The first batch of games supported are:

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
DiRT Showdown
Hitman: Absolution
Assassin's Creed: Unity
F1 2013
Just Cause 2
Battlefield 4
F1 2014
Saints Row IV
Civilization V
Far Cry 3
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Civilization: Beyond Earth
Far Cry: Blood Dragon
Titanfall
Crysis 3
GRID 2
Wargame: European Escalation
DiRT 3
GRID Autosport

Analysis, benchmarks and etc can be found here: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/mfaa_multi_frame_sample_aa_guide_review,1.html

Hmm, seems I was right about MFAA being only available on a per-game basis rather than applied to anything like FXAA.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I think there's soemthing wrong, here. Did two times the Mordor's benchmark on High.
First time it achieved a max FPS of 126. Second time max FPS were 90.

Then I put all on Ultra, and this is the result:

Try actually playing the game and running around a bit. The second zone has a heavier hit than the first.

Arthea

Ahah, but I can't help it. I love RTWP :p

And I even like Action-RPG and hack&slash more than TB. Please don't kill me.

I don't see how that's a problem of any kind, I just don't like when people bash one or other based on their personal preferences as if these are paradigm we all should live by.
I really got tired of "dated" argument, that even media began to exploit, that's like stupidest misconception ever.

I'm sure this will be useful for future reference. Thanks!

milena87

I don't see how that's a problem of any kind, I just don't like when people bash one or other based on their personal preferences as if these are paradigm we all should live by.

That I agree with :)

How can I recognize if all goes well, that way? I mean, it seems ok to me :l

If you don't see anything wrong while running the game on high/ultra, then don't worry and keep playing :)
If you want stable 60 fps at all time, then use fraps and see how you're doing in game. If it drops frequently, just change some settings.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I just wish Enhanced Steam would do that for me.

Hey JShackles, there's a suggestion for you.. :p

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Did anyone pick up LEGO Batman 3? Interested in how it stacks up against LEGO Marvel. Or LEGO Batman 2, I guess, although that's obviously a fair bit older.

Maniac

Banned
Get in line ladies, there is plenty to go around.

That is some dumb-looking armour. Way too busy! Although that dude is plasticy-sexy. Like Ken. I love Ken. And jeez, they need to use PBR, the random shiny effects on that armour is terrible. Oh well, Next Gen init

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom