• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is the Day 1 patch even out for Far Cry 4? :eek:

The Steam version is at v1.3.

2014-11-18_00002pbslb.jpg

Edit: I think Ubi still has some kinks to work out with Uplay's name system as I changed mine a few weeks ago but FC4 insists on using the original. Unity gets it right, though.

Shadownet

Banned
Edit: I think Ubi still has some kinks to work out with Uplay's name system as I changed mine a few weeks ago but FC4 insists on using the original. Unity gets it right, though.
How does it run JaseC? Also I tried changing my name to Shadownet but its been taken :/ I guess GaylordX126 is still alive.

Has anyone been able to add Dragon Age as a non-steam game for screenshots?
I can add it as a non-steam game but nothing happen when I press F12. Steam Overlay doesn't work either.

Not being able to see steam messages while playing is annoying.

Miguel81

refresh my memory, is this one that's story heavy?

exactly! let's upvote it!
hopefully it's a good game

Never played this one, brother. I had the OG on the Playstation 3 way back when, but even that one is heavy on story.

Also upvoted Americana. It looks interesting enough, and I like that style.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Are you lashman now?

I thought it was already capitalized.

I will always capitalize your name because Im not a caveman and names are capitalized

like Lashman or Corrosivefrost. just because you are lazy bastards when creating your nickname doesnt mean I wont write properly :p

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

also - I hate you all!!! pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

funny i always thought it was iashman

like capital i

I hate you too ... pfffffffffffffffff

Arthea

Never played this one, brother. I had the OG on the Playstation 3 way back when, but even that one is heavy on story.

I need that one that's very story heavy (and a story is kinda good, depends on your taste), but I can't remember which one it is (><)

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

also - I hate you all!!! pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

even me?!

Tizoc

I need that one that's very story heavy (and a story is kinda good, depends on your taste), but I can't remember which one it is (><)

The BlazBlue games overall had really extensive story modes, so I'm sure this releae will have it as well.
CP in 2015 would be neat, assuming they can tie it in with the update for the console release.
2 more characters are gonna be added to the latest BlazBlue game, which should also hit consoles in the near future.

Deques

Well, it's not a cheater tag, but a "we suspect you used a hack" thing.
Of course I didn't do that, because I really don't care about achievement, excluding for some games I completed (but I completed only around 20 games in seven years, most of them are stupid games like Finding Teddy).

Jshackles said me a the suspect tag triggers when you unlock a lot of achievements in one session, at the same moments.

This happened me a lot with the original Binding of Isaac, since achievements were bugged and, after you did them, you need to delete the flash.exe file, reboot the game and they unlock at the same time.
Same thing for Fez: I had the GOG version before the Steam one, I fully completed the game here (I posted also a complete savegame on GOG), then while I booted Steam version, the game unlocked all achievements in the same moment.

Anyway, it's just stupid that the site consider legit only 45 achievements over more 4500 I have :l

Just make an appeal there. Follow the instructions

Any price set for it?

Arthea

The BlazBlue games overall had really extensive story modes, so I'm sure this releae will have it as well.
CP in 2015 would be neat, assuming they can tie it in with the update for the console release.
2 more characters are gonna be added to the latest BlazBlue game, which should also hit consoles in the near future.

I don't like their naming conventions... seems so random, never can memorize those (><)

Tizoc

I don't like their naming conventions... seems so random, never can memorize those (><)

For convenience sake:
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger (CT) is BlazBlue 1
BlazBlue Continuum Shift (CS) is BlazBlue 2, this got updates titlted CS2 and then CSE, but all in all, it is the 2nd game is the series story-wise and the updates are mainly for gameplay
BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma (CP) is BlazBlue 3

Deques

For convenience sake:
BlazBlue Continuum Shift (CS) is BlazBlue 2, this got updates titlted CS2 and then CSE, but all in all, it is the 2nd game is the series story-wise and the updates are mainly for gameplay

It's like they dislike numbering their games

Arthea

For convenience sake:

wait... something is not right here, I remember that they had a game with number 2 which was third or forth in series, can't really say witch, and at that point they confused me forever.

JaseC

Dead Island 2 beta registration will go live today for those who've pre-ordered Escape Dead Island, although you won't be able to retrieve your registration key until the game has unlocked in roughly 2.5 days. You're free to choose the platform you wish to play the beta on, so you can request, say, a PS4 code even if you've pre-ordered EDI on Steam.

ETA on the beta is still "some time before Dead Island 2 is out next year".

Saty

Today's Nvidia drivers will also have MFAA support compatible with GeForce GTX 980, GTX 970, GTX 980M, and GTX 970M GPUs.

The first batch of games supported are:

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
DiRT Showdown
Hitman: Absolution
Assassin's Creed: Unity
F1 2013
Just Cause 2
Battlefield 4
F1 2014
Saints Row IV
Civilization V
Far Cry 3
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Civilization: Beyond Earth
Far Cry: Blood Dragon
Titanfall
Crysis 3
GRID 2
Wargame: European Escalation
DiRT 3
GRID Autosport

Analysis, benchmarks and etc can be found here: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/mfaa_multi_frame_sample_aa_guide_review,1.html

Lain

Maybe this thread will help? It's maybe old(2011), but at least they talk about the long loading times ;P.

So weird. I had verified the cache before posting and it had found 21 files that Steam re-downloaded so I thought that was taken care of. Just redid it now because of that link and it found another file to re-download and now loading is fixed. I get some weird freezing hiccup here and there when playing at 4k but otherwise it's working perfectly:
VXhb.jpg

Prospective Waifu?

Tizoc

wait... something is not right here, I remember that they had a game with number 2 which was third or forth in series, can't really say witch, and at that point they confused me forever.

That would be Continuum Shift 2, which is a gameplay update.

I had this but I accidentally scrapped it, hair styles are all horrible.

the hair is fucking terrible.

did you try the "fix"? its a bit stuttery, but I feel it helps,at least the transition from action to cutscene isnt so jarring

in case you dont know, the "fix" is:

on origin, go to Dragon Age Inquisition and click configuration options or whatever its called (Im not home I cant check), but theres only 2 or 3 things you can click there anyway

it will open a new window where you can, like steam, set launch options for the game. put this in there:

-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60

Awesome, I'll give that a try later. Thanks

super comboman got a permanent price reduction it seems ( now is $9,99 ) and also got an update with some changes that dont fix the fact that the game is bad so dont buy it

derExperte

yeah I'd give that a shot.
I had work mail not come through thanks to a shitty ISP filter a few years ago =p

Don't know if that did it but I de- and the reactivated getting promotional emails in my profile settings. Says it doesn't affect receipts but now I received a bunch of 'blabla sold' mails.

Arthea

Isn't that hilarious? after I bought South Park, it has huge discounts everywhere, including gamersgate where I bought it just several days before.
damn my luck, damn it to hell (._.)

edited: also it's probably cheapest yet, dlc too.

JaseC

I swear if this is connection to sersh you've gone off the deep end.

Haha, nah, I* used to have one. I lost a bunch of photos of him when my SSD decided to suddenly kick the bucket the other week, which makes me a sad panda.

* Well, he belonged to my brother, but I looked after him for the last ~18 months of his life as my brother moved up north for work.

Deques

Isn't that hilarious? after I bought South Park, it has huge discounts everywhere, including gamersgate where I bought it just several days before.
damn my luck, damn it to hell (._.)

edited: also it's probably cheapest yet, dlc too.

If it weren't for you I wouldn't have bought South Park for 29 SEK ~ $4 :)
I haven't received yet though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom