• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i kidna like how zee kylon sounds tho

has a nice ring to it

(also going to bed, shouldn't be up this late with a fever bye byeee)

Yakkue

the only think youre doing wrong is assuming the game is fair, and the game isnt fair in chapter 7, now that you passed it, you can enjoy the game again

it's an srpg so i think it would be unrealistic if you hit 9 out of 10 of your 90% chance to hit attacks. specially if they're crucial shots

that's just the way it works

Guess I'll just hope its accuracy gets better after some upgrades.
Are there any other chapters as hard as 7?

That's Mulder and Scully investigating that weird brown monster thing on your avatar :eek:
It is :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Guess I'll just hope its accuracy gets better after some upgrades.
Are there any other chapters as hard as 7?

That's Mulder and Scully investigating that weird brown monster thing on your avatar :eek:

Shadownet

Banned
Shit, man. Arcade Gannon's really buffed up since the New Vegas days. >.>
LOL I noticed that when I was making him too.

Also zkylon make me think of this for some reason.

Feel better soon zkylon!
lon-lon-ranch-2.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Man Puncher, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Man Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sakura Spirit -- MB-B47D2461D3D676DB - Taken by ramoisdead. 25 entrants total.

t1416298784z1.png

Lain

I tried to play Hunted: The Demon's Forge but the game doesn't even really start. All I manage to get it this:

http://i.picpar.com/sXhb.png

A quick look at the Steam forum for the game says to start offline because of the removal of gamespy, but it did nothing for me. Anyone has encountered this problem or has an idea of what could be wrong?

Quoting myself to say that after waiting 10 minutes at that splash screen, the game finally started. Then I had to wait 3-4 minutes for the game to load up to the main menu. Then another 4 minutes wait for the intro video to start, then just a couple seconds for the dream section where I could control the character at the end of which another loading that seemed like it would take minutes started and so I killed the game. I'm not sure if there is something wrong with the game itself or something wrong with my computer, but I can't believe that such atrocious loading times are normal for this game.

Ozium

i see people have been shitting on early access, as usual..

the ratio of good games to bad games that are in or have been in Early Access is equal to or greater to the same ratio on the entirety of steam

believe it... or not

Miguel81

I've been having a rather difficult time trying to enjoy Watch Dogs. It has a nice atmosphere, and there is potential fun to be had, but this Aiden Pierce guy is extremely unlikeable. I really just want to punch him in the face in every cutscene so far.
Maybe later I'll be in a better mood, and then give it another go.

Edit: This Zyklon talk reminds of the THAT scene from Falling Down.

milena87

So, I started Dragon Age Inquisition last night.

First, the character creator is amazing, except for the terrible hair of course. The only haircuts I could stomach were some of the shortest ones. Most are just laughable.

Anyway, I went with a female elf mage and I chose the american voice. It's a really strange combination lol.

I'm playing on nightmare and it's pretty challenging so far, especially with only 2-3 abilities per character. I had to turn off the tactics and behaviours, though. They were much better in DAO and DA2, but I find them pretty useless here.

There's something I'm really not liking, though: the tactical camera is a mess. I can't zoom out as much as I'd want and the characters don't autoattack after moving them.
I don't know, even DA2 without the tactical camera was easier to manage than DAI.

The final enemy of the prologue was pretty difficult, but most of the difficulty came from the horrible camera. If I could see most of the battlefield at once, things would be a lot better, instead I can only see a tiny fraction and I have to constantly move the camera around :/

But apart from this, I can't wait to go home tonight and finish exploring
Haven

So, I started Dragon Age Inquisition last night.

First, the character creator is amazing, except for the terrible hair of course. The only haircuts I could stomach were some of the shortest ones. Most are just laughable.

Anyway, I went with a female elf mage and I chose the american voice. It's a really strange combination lol.

I'm playing on nightmare and it's pretty challenging so far, especially with only 2-3 abilities per character. I had to turn off the tactics and behaviours, though. They were much better in DAO and DA2, but I find them pretty useless here.

There's something I'm really not liking, though: the tactical camera is a mess. I can't zoom out as much as I'd want and the characters don't autoattack after moving them.
I don't know, even DA2 without the tactical camera was easier to manage than DAI.

The final enemy of the prologue was pretty difficult, but most of the difficulty came from the horrible camera. If I could see most of the battlefield at once, things would be a lot better, instead I can only see a tiny fraction and I have to constantly move the camera around :/

But apart from this, I can't wait to go home tonight and finish exploring
Haven
The control is still designed around console control scheme, camera plays better with one, and mage's normal attack feels more natural with trigger instead of left mouse button.

milena87

The control is still designed around console control scheme, camera plays better with one, and mage's normal attack feels more natural with trigger instead of left mouse button.

I imagine so, but it would be too slow with a pad, the way I play the game :/

I don't like keeping pressure on a button to attack, so I only use the tactical view. I just wish it was designed better.

I still like the combat, though. After all, party based RTWP is my favourite genre. I just need to get used to it.

MQX

Will ya look at that. It's my birthday.
I survived for 22 years now without being eaten by a robot monkey. Go me!
Happy Birthday! :D

Steam page is up.
Also shame on BinaryPork and BernardoOne wish listing it and not telling anyone.
It's happening D:

Finally ;P

Quoting myself to say that after waiting 10 minutes at that splash screen, the game finally started. Then I had to wait 3-4 minutes for the game to load up to the main menu. Then another 4 minutes wait for the intro video to start, then just a couple seconds for the dream section where I could control the character at the end of which another loading that seemed like it would take minutes started and so I killed the game. I'm not sure if there is something wrong with the game itself or something wrong with my computer, but I can't believe that such atrocious loading times are normal for this game.

Maybe this thread will help? It's maybe old(2011), but at least they talk about the long loading times ;P.

I imagine so, but it would be too slow with a pad, the way I play the game :/

I don't like keeping pressure on a button to attack, so I only use the tactical view. I just wish it was designed better.

I still like the combat, though. After all, party based RTWP is my favourite genre. I just need to get used to it.
It's actually not slower with a gamepad, X,Y,B and RB for skills, D-pad to switch between party members, works pretty well.

However I don't know where to find potions in controller UI.

Chariot

Look behind you, a three-headed robot monkey!

(Happy birthday)

Happy Birthday!~

Happy birthday, WJW.

hey happy bday!

remember you're cool!

Happy birthday, Chariot! Go do something fun. :3

Happy Birthday hopefully a robot dinosaur eats you instead.

Thanks everybody! It's so nice to wake up to nice words :D
Wuv you all /o/ ~ <3

Xanathus

Just 100% Mordor, incredible game though now I want more content. The main missions are crappy but the most fun I've had in it was going after the achievements because they require you to set up and manipulate the Captains in interesting ways. Sucks that the season pass and DLC stuff that's coming out for it doesn't add to the good parts of the game.

G3iROkC.png

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Just 100% Mordor, incredible game though now I want more content. The main missions are crappy but the most fun I've had in it was going after the achievements because they require you to set up and manipulate the Captains in interesting ways. Sucks that the season pass and DLC stuff that's coming out for it doesn't add to the good parts of the game.

G3iROkC.png
I keep hearing good things about it, even from a noted Tolkien hater. CheesepieRecipie knows who.

I'll add to the chorus of birthday happiness even though I hate birthdays.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Gradually been building up my Steam wallet in anticipation of the Winter Sale. There are a bunch of little games I've had my eye on (Shovel Knight, Capsule, etc), but can't justify buying while my backlog is so big. There are great games I've barely scratched the surface on. I'm going to pick up the absolute steals in the sale and then try and get by on what I have for as long as possible next year. We'll see how long that lasts. I did gather up a few cards for Isaac and Isaac: Rebirth in case of a meta-game though. Usually I wouldn't bother, but by planning ahead I've managed to get them fairly cheap. by throwing in a few low offers and just waiting.

Arthea

I finally got the Workhorse achievement yesterday (Crazy Plant Shop). I like irony of it: you get to be the workhorse by refusing most of the jobs on daily basis every day (><)

I see zky is mad at me, probably for not disclosing any of her secrets yesterday!

I'm going to randomly refer to people as she seeing as it annoys rhaknar, need to take advantage of this precious knowledge.

Happy Birthday Chariot.
you are so inappropriately young on purpose? (><)

Almost cleaned my backlog. Now remaining games are:

Costume Quest 2
Claire
Shadow Warrior

and soon

FFXIII
FFXIII-2
Valkyria Chronicles

how is that even possible?!

FF13 and 13-2 (if you go for 100%) are like finishing 25 or so other games in length.
I need to finish 13, VC and play Claire too, btw

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, that isn't normal compared to what I experienced. The only issues I had with running Hunted was the lack of customization options.

This might be a extremely specific request. In Sniper Elite 3, my mouse (MX Revolution) will not activate the aim down sights (scope) mode. The game is only registering a single click instead of a constant one that is needed. Is there a way to switch the aim down sight to single click instead of a hold?

Shadownet

Banned
My backlog= Games on my HDD now :p

Also I need to download FFXIII yet :D
Oh if we're talking about games on HDD. Then I could probably finish mine pretty soon.
no I won't, I have like half of my total games installed. I really should stop installing them and only playing them for 30 mins.

FFXIII took me 24 hours to download.. With my slow internet. Good luck.

I need to prioritize my games. I should play games I never play before first. Before replaying the others. But... Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood and Revelations keep calling me D: and they don't even have Steam cheevos!

Arthea

So you have backlog for backlog. That's clever.

we need to go deeper!

Actually I wonder why snake has so little games installed, I have ~100 in now playing category alone and that's maybe half of installed games.

edited: yeah, FF13 is pain to download, it took about 3 hours for me! unheard of! (><)
The reason I want to finish it now, I want all those GBs out of my HDD

Shadownet

Banned
Is the Day 1 patch even out for Far Cry 4? :eek:
The better question is patch 3 for AssCreed Unity out yet? That game need a lot of patching.

Also speaking of FFXIII. I won't be playing it until December. Waiting for that 1080p patch. I just don't understand why it's taking them so long to just put out a 1080p patch. It honestly shouldn't be taking them a month if they announced the patch in November.

Squeenix, you're ridiculous.

Edit: 3 hours?! Try 24 hours here. *grumbling* I hate you..

@Punished Snake:
Yeah I can understand focusing on FFXIII-2 but it shouldnt take a month to write some codes to make the game 1080p. I don't know much about video games programming but I honestly don't think it's that hard to make a little patch for that.

oipic

Whoever did the VA for Vaas in Far Cry 3 is amazing.

It metaphorically blew my mind when I overheard a familiar voice on Orphan Black, looked at the screen, and saw Vaas. I hadn't realised until then that his look was modelled on the chap who had voiced him.

Shadownet

Banned
It metaphorically blew my mind when I overheard a familiar voice on Orphan Black, looked at the screen, and saw Vaas. I hadn't realised until then that his look was modelled on the chap who had voiced him.

I read up some more info on Vaas and the guy who voiced him (and based his look on).

Apparently Michael Mando auditioned for a different character (named Lupo) with similar characteristics to Vaas. He didn't get the part, but they liked Mando so much they scraped the entire character and created Vaas based on Mando.

I heard the new villain in FC4 suppose to be pretty good. I hope he live up to Vaas' performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom