• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Giant Bomb has a quick look for The Bunker up. Spoilers, obviously. Looks incredibly bleak, which is exactly what you should want from British apocalyptic fiction. Reminds me a bit of the TV movie Threads, to be honest.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Y'all know there's a little game by the name of Watch Dogs 2 releasing this year right? SteamGAF GOTY right there folks!

I'm kinda looking forward to WD2 more than I thought I would, after recently playing and somewhat enjoying Homefront: The Revolution. Open world game with a sprawling modern city environment sounds like it could be pretty cool. That, and we're not getting a new Assassin's Creed game this year and Far Cry Primal was pretty terrible so I kinda feel like there's a hole in my backlog that maybe this game could fill.

Uzzy

I need to get a letter from Poland now.

blok.jpg

Parsnip

I should play watch dogs 1 first.

Knowing what I know about it and knowing who liked it, I would probably like it too at least to some extent.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

The thing that makes me a bit sad is that not many folks have had the pleasure of playing Lego Undercover which is exclusive to the Wii U.

Been playing that with my little nephew recently and it's by far my favourite Lego game so far and absolutely hilarious, really well written and has a lot of fun with all the cop cliches.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Update to the Digital Homicide drama in progress via TechRaptor:

Update:
Valve has responded to our question, confirming that they did delist the games. This was what Doug Lombardi of Valve had to say:
Valve has stopped doing business with Digital Homicide for being hostile to Steam customers.

Grief.exe

My screens look like shit compared to yours. But then I just f12 and throw em up on imgur.

imgur compresses the image, so make sure to use something like Flickr that doesn't apply compression.

Some of those guys that just explore end up with some awesome screenshots, since I'm just trying to maximize my revenue I don't end up in many photogenic places like those guys.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The thing that makes me a bit sad is that not many folks have had the pleasure of playing Lego Undercover which is exclusive to the Wii U.

Been playing that with my little nephew recently and it's by far my favourite Lego game so far and absolutely hilarious, really well written and has a lot of fun with all the cop cliches.

The technical issues really hampered my enjoyment of that game.

Jawmuncher

The shaky waters of what is and what isn't port begging.

Personally I stand by so long as you aren't annoying it isn't an issue. Bayonetta 2 being on Twitch was an interesting topic. Lets be real here, what are you really going to show for a what 2 year old game at this point? Even if that is all they are going to do.

So all in all, a civil manner of discussing why or why not things can't happen is ok.
But just going BAYO 2 PLZ FOR PC, FUCK NINTENDO. Yeah that's annoying.

Being a mod must be boring, reading through a whole thread you personally describe as a dumpster fire to find and ban port begging posts, however one determines that lol.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I definitely have more permissive views on this than Xia but I wasn't in the thread. My general instinct is that if it's not interrupting discussion of the game and if it's not, like, delusional fanboy shit, then generally talking about business and platform targeting is fair game, and certainly as the two consoles dropped backwards compatibility, the natural impulse to inquire about what we lost from 2005-2010 and if any of it might find a future life on PC is logical. We also live in an era where a lot of stuff does get ported. But I don't think anyone actually did get banned and I'm confident if Xia or any other mod did double back it'd be to focus on posts and posters who are disruptive or abusive.

Card Boy

Banned
I got a feeling For Honor is either going to be very amazing and a sleeper hit like Rainbow Six: Siege or very mediocre. From what i have seen it doesn't look terrible.

I got a feeling For Honor is either going to be very amazing and a sleeper hit like Rainbow Six: Siege or very mediocre. From what i have seen it doesn't look terrible.

I had fun with the first alpha, it was rough for sure but has a lot of potential, I think it has a very good chance of following the same path R6 did.

For Honor will only serve to whet everyone's appetite for Bannerlord.

Although I admit For Honor is the first Ubisoft game in zounds that I'm interested in actually playing.

Momentary

Banned
I hope Nier comes with NVIDIA Ansel implemented. It deserves to have screenshots taken at 4K.

It's a RPG/Shoot'em up Bullet Hell/Character Action game. My heart can't take it. My 3 favorite genres in one.

yuraya

What exactly is For Honor? From what I seen in trailers its just an duel game with classes and multiplayer.

Or is there an actual singleplayer story mode with bosses etc?

Platy

BAYONETTA 2 at TGS Twitch Stage...wait, what?

lC7GLNu.png

Stay safe SteamGAF

8Fq0Fjk.gif

I was in the thread, but not port begging Bayonetta 2. Merely discussing the possibility of a Bayonetta 1 port to PC/PS4/XBO.

People are hard to understand the difference of port BEGGING and port DISCUSSION.

I blame the "tl:dr" people on that =P

Port begging in a thread about port begging. Who knew!

The thread was about Bayo2 on TGS .... it could be a date showing that AFTER THE NX reveal, they would announce that Bayo2 is on the remaster list like the rumored Mario Maker and Smash because they want more people to experience the games didn't had audience they deserve on the WiiU (popularly called "half of the wiiu library" =/ )... so it could STILL be "nope, you are NOT getting Bayo2 on PS4/One/PC" =P

I wanna play the first Nier but I have no system to play it on, so I just ended up watching a dude stream it through NG+3.

Thought the gameplay in the first was kinda not-good. Just a dull experience.

Story and music were both cool but the actual act of playing felt like a chore to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom