• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade demo launches on PS5 March 29, with save data carrying over to the full game

Arachnid

Resetera in an hour:

waylon-smithers-smithers.gif

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Just in case I looked for the korean voice option and I think that it is the 한국어 one.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No skippable cutscenes to this is automatically a shit game, literally 0/10. Game developers and shoving their pretentious shit in my face with no option of getting straight to the fucking gameplay

Last edited:

Salz01

No skippable cutscenes to this is automatically a shit game, literally 0/10. Game developers and shoving their pretentious shit in my face with no option of getting straight to the fucking gameplay
They want you to appreciate the meticulous details they put into the characters…

Skifi28

Now to decide which language to choose. I imagine Korean would be the best, unless the english dub is superb.

The movement is surprisingly heavy. The jump animation feels very sluggish or I'm not used to it yet. It definitely has Char Action DNA though, especially the combos and Square & Triangle for light and heavy attacks. It does have a Souls feel but feels slightly closer to Char Action.

Definitely not a button masher or flimsy feeling. It definitely needs to be learned to be played well and style on shit imo.

saintjules

The movement is surprisingly heavy. The jump animation feels very sluggish or I'm not used to it yet. It definitely has Char Action DNA though, especially the combos and Square & Triangle for light and heavy attacks. It does have a Souls feel but feels slightly closer to Char Action.

Definitely not a button masher or flimsy feeling. It definitely needs to be learned to be played well and style on shit imo.

Yup felt the exact same way within the first 2 minutes of playing it.

Yea this game isn't just eye-candy flash bullshit based on this demo. There are small destructibles objects everywhere, explosive barrels to kite enemies into, platforming, locked doors and secrets.

It feels like Nier Automata with heavier/harder hitting combat and more old school linear level design full of video-game-ass stuff. Which I mean as a big compliment.

The music and voice acting aren't Ninja Gaiden silly either, it has a bit of a melancholic undertone like Nier Automata did too. Not like it takes itself super seriously, its still over the top anime Char Action antics, but it definitely has an atmosphere and vibe to it. Overall it feels like a love letter to those games, not a lame ripoff.

I think the combat might be the real deal. I went from uh weird to styling on an enemy in 10 minutes, so definitely learning which is a great sign. It's not clunky just feels like it must be learned like when first playing DMC1 or 3. As in moving well and smoothly is a learned ability in itself.

Top Bottom