• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger of Sword City |OT| Okay, it's been an hour. Are you dead yet?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Chikami from Experience tweeted this:

21zbgIr.jpg

Looks nice, just like the other covers.

just read the tweet apparently thats the cover that got the thumbs down for release. wonder if they will be showing the real thing at tgs?

Dorarnae

the box on pc looks pretty good. the dvd case is meh, but the cardboard box is <3

I am about halfway or maybe a bit more. I am almost done with the volcano map I think,
my knight got murdered by a giant drake...need to wait for his lp to recover..

Parakeetman

Will the Vita exist long enough for this game to be localized?

I can't take this....

Considering how many games are coming out on it I say its not going anywhere.

Its already taken place of the PSP here so all the devs who were heavy into that system have moved over.

Parakeetman

awesome the vita version will get more character portraits! thats seriously what the game needed for the other supporting races.

Dorarnae

awesome the vita version will get more character portraits! thats seriously what the game needed for the other supporting races.

nice. I am getting close to the end now I think. quite crazy sometime, the dmg can be so random. sometime my knight tank just fine, sometime they get through or if my knight doesn't guard every hit, they can one shot one of my back row character :S

Dorarnae

oh nice! man that sounds like a must get skill most def!

it also give a 30% more hp to everyone. really liking it. some boss could one shot some of my back row character, was getting a bit annoying.

I am in the last dungeon of the main story I think, farming some gear there.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
This is off topic but not sure where else to ask since we don't have a DRPG community thread
(*hint hint* parakeetman)
and this seems to be the most active one atm. Has anyone played Unchained Blades/Exxiv, and if so how was it?

Parakeetman

This is off topic but not sure where else to ask since we don't have a DRPG community thread
(*hint hint* parakeetman)
and this seems to be the most active one atm. Has anyone played Unchained Blades/Exxiv, and if so how was it?

ill be making one after the dungeon traveler 2 ot is done since wont have any more dungeon crawlers for a while till EO2

i didnt like tge unchained blades series as much since personally they made some of the game mechanics a pain in the ass and was overly complex so to speak. others seemed to like it but i personally did not at all

Dorarnae

finally beat the main story. I should of bought more items to prevent my row from switching...but managed to do it.

I read you can buy an item at the shop to change the difficulty mode...I wonder what's the difficulty mode by default. was quite rough at some place.

Parakeetman

finally beat the main story. I should of bought more items to prevent my row from switching...but managed to do it.

I read you can buy an item at the shop to change the difficulty mode...I wonder what's the difficulty mode by default. was quite rough at some place.

Very cool to hear you beat the game. Yeah those row prevention items help but think they are limited in numbers in the shop.

btw did you attack the warp points the butterfly nests in an attempt to get more exp? Ive never tried that yet lol

Parakeetman

Thanks for the impressions, sounds like one to skip

Yeah check it out if you are really bored or if its really cheap...

I do recall even Dorarnae didnt care for the game all that much either.

I had / have (not sure which) both the PSP and more rare 3DS versions of the first game.

Dorarnae

btw did you attack the warp points the butterfly nests in an attempt to get more exp? Ive never tried that yet lol

Did a few times, but it was more because the game is trolling you. You think you can warp out of the dungeon after killing a few boss but.... hehe

Parakeetman

Did a few times, but it was more because the game is trolling you. You think you can warp out of the dungeon after killing a few boss but.... hehe

Ive been too concerned with not having a proper exit so Ive never decided to try and attack one yet. Though the producer made it sound like they gave a ton of exp if you could kill it.

Parakeetman

Took one for the team.

I didn't see this anywhere and the article doesn't have a source but it says Experience will be revealing a new game for the Xbox One tomorrow. http://gematsu.com/2014/09/experience-reveal-xbox-one-dungeon-rpg-tomorrow

Please don't make me buy an Xbox One :(

I know right. One thing for sure is that unless MS is paying them to make the game they most def would seriously be considering bringing it to the sony platform also, considering how little users there are on the XBO in Japan.

At least the Vita anyways.

Chikami-san and Ataka-san were dropping hints at this all today on twitter it seems.

btw the Dungeon Travelers 2 OT will be slightly late, need to turn in for the night am still kinda sick so cant pull the usual all nighter its already 0400 here. But at least got most of the important graphics taken care of and all thats left is putting everything together. The DLC characters will get inserted later on. As those need to be fully redone / icons made. But the main game materials are done. So tonight is when I plan on getting the OT up and running. Thankfully there is only really a handful of us so its not like a huge title that tons of folks are waiting for the OT. Told the main OT thread bout the slight delay also.

autoduelist

So based on the two screens above, it looks like quite a bit of the game UI is in English?

Turn options in english: Fight / Defend / Skill / Item Etc.
also words like 'repeat' and 'log'.

On the inventory status screen, it looks like Stats are in english (str/ing/agi/etc) as well as some key facts about weapons (range, hand, etc).

Then stats themselves are numbers, so easy.

Based on those screens, it looks like the only thing I'd have issue with would be inventory item names, comments, and I suppose in game dialog?

If I don't care about the story translation, how hard would it be to play this game as an English speaker with little/no time to devote to learning a new language? Is it feasible? Again, I only care about experiencing the DRPG itself and combat mechanics, the story I can make up for myself if need be.

Parakeetman

So based on the two screens above, it looks like quite a bit of the game UI is in English?

On the inventory status screen, it looks like Stats are in english (str/ing/agi/etc) as well as some key facts about weapons (range, hand, etc).

Based on those screens, it looks like the only thing I'd have issue with would be inventory item names, comments, and I suppose in game dialog?

If I don't care about the story translation, how hard would it be to play this game as an English speaker with little/no time to devote to learning a new language? Is it feasible? Again, I only care about experiencing the DRPG itself and combat mechanics, the story I can make up for myself if need be.

Its possible, but its not going to be easy as you wont know what the skills do on top of being able to make choices for the skills you pick within the story line.

But still can play through the game without knowing Japanese if you just keep at it.

CrovaxPSO

The menu options are in English for the very basic stuff like Skill, Item, etc, but the actual skill and item names are all Japanese. You could figure things out just by trial and error pretty easily I imagine.

Dorarnae

I just beat the post game boss...I think one thing that I kind of dislike with the game is some boss(or maybe every boss) scale with your level.
so at level 40, there was no way I could defeat all the 4 boss, but by class changing 2 times and being lvl 10, I was able to do it. its just weird.

other than that, pretty solid/challenging game

Dorarnae

it's not impossible, I pretty much only know hiragana and katakana. if you can read katakana, you should be able to read a few skill, if you already played some of their game this also help a bit, for knowing what kind of skill each class can have.
if you buy on pc, you''ll have to change your keyboard in the beginning for japanese for entering characters name.

Took one for the team.

I didn't see this anywhere and the article doesn't have a source but it says Experience will be revealing a new game for the Xbox One tomorrow. http://gematsu.com/2014/09/experience-reveal-xbox-one-dungeon-rpg-tomorrow

Please don't make me buy an Xbox One :(

Edit: Oh, someone already made a thread about this http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=131494448

Man, that thread turned into a shitshow hard.

Still, I wonder if it's a completely new series or not.

CrovaxPSO

Yeah, never thought a thread for an Experience game would turn into console wars stuff, haha. I don't think I'll be able to watch the live stream without going through some hoops since it's on their Nico channel. I think they've stopped using Ustream, it's been a while since they streamed something on there.

Parakeetman

from what i understand i think its with demon gaze 2 excluded there are other titles they are working on. one seems to be operation abyss 2 since ive seen chikami-san tweeting about doing work on that. other titles have no idea though. guess we will find out another one tonight perhaps.

unfortunately wont be able to view it personally though.

Parakeetman

wanted to let the import crew know that the jp version of the fame is now available for order on amazon japan and other outlets.

Parakeetman

unfortunately the vita ver will not come with a soundtrack. just confirmed with the director . he asked me to tell you all he appreciates the overseas fans and hopes you will enjoy the game!

CrovaxPSO

unfortunately the vita ver will not come with a soundtrack. just confirmed with the director . he asked me to tell you all he appreciates the overseas fans and hopes you will enjoy the game!

I saw your conversation with him on Twitter, bummer about the soundtrack. No big deal in the end, already pre-ordered on Amiami. Been waiting so long for this one, haha.

Top Bottom