• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streaming: The first 2 hours of Sunset Overdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerts1js

I liked the color; was sorta surprised at how unfunny it was/is because ratchet and clank usually makes me chuckle from time to time. In contrast, the jokes and voice actors here are pretty terrible.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
The YouTube archive is down in the op. Are there any other links? Mobile friendly preferably.

VinFTW

So it's official, this game looks fucking awesome, spoilers:

Swiftor's stream just went and clicked one of those SunsetTV coins in the game and watched the episode, it confirmed some new stuff (for me at least so spank me if old):
-The billboards with SunsetTV will be new every week like they've done on Youtube
-There are weekly AND community challenges that change weekly (Find out from SunsetTV or accept missions from SunsetTV?)
-Elect option seems to imply some sort of voting, maybe weekly best player or kills?
^ All speculation.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Oct 27th, day before launch. That gives reviewers 10 days to play through, check out Chaos Squad next week, and write the reviews!

And we much appreciate that :)

We might do a live stream in an hour or so, depending on the download speed. It will be in French though.

.la1n

Oct 27th, day before launch. That gives reviewers 10 days to play through, check out Chaos Squad next week, and write the reviews!

Being a bit optimistic expecting reviewers to take that long with a game before throwing up a score aren't we?

cakely

After watching about an hour of that stream, it looks like something I'd enjoy.

I suspect it will take a while for me make all the jumping and grinding mesh together smoothly, though. You should have seen me in Titanfall it took me forever to get the hang of chaining parkour in that.

So it's official, this game looks fucking awesome, spoilers:

Swiftor's stream just went and clicked one of those SunsetTV coins in the game and watched the episode, it confirmed some new stuff (for me at least so spank me if old):
-The billboards with SunsetTV will be new every week like they've done on Youtube
-There are weekly AND community challenges that change weekly (Find out from SunsetTV or accept missions from SunsetTV?)
-Elect option seems to imply some sort of voting, maybe weekly best player or kills?
^ All speculation.

Sounds great

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I like what MS has done with this game (as well as with FH2) by allowing streaming of the first hour or 2 of the game. At least I assume that was MSs call. It shows confidence in the game and gives people a good idea of what the game is all about.

Now all we need is a demo ;)

I hope the guys from Insomniac ignore all the "I don't like the humor" posts. The last thing you want to do as a game maker is try to appeal to the too-cool gamers. I think Insomniac learned that when EA put Fuse through the shitty VGmarket.com grinder.

Agreed. Whether or not the humor's any good (watching right now to find out), it's important not to focus test your stuff to death, because then everybody loses.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
It looks really cool. I kind of wish you moved a little faster with all of the railing stuff but maybe you upgrade your speed throughout the game. It looks like super slow in all the streams I've seen. This is still probably gonna be the game that gets me to buy an Xbox One.

Ape

Banned
I'm pretty sure that they couldn't change the humor in the game even if they wanted to. The game is gold...

mollipen

Dammit, I should have started a half hour ago—now everybody in the world is streaming! Still, if you're interested, here's mine: http://twitch.tv/pikoeri

I promise you, though, I'll be the only stream where you'll have a redhead playing the game and a cute dinosaur making a cameo!

turcy

frame rate is looking more solid than in any previous footage - looks like they got some good optimization done prior to launch.

excited for this, will likely pick up the white bundle so long as reviews are solid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom