• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter pads from MadCatz

The Chun Li, Ryu and Ken pads are showing up now at Best Buy's website, but they are listed as "coming soon". Both Xbox 360 and Ps3 versions.

What the hell happened with the shipment dates on these things? Are they not supposed to sell them till the game is released or what? I just can't believe the one mad catz product I actually WANT to buy and I can't find one, or am told to wait till the game is released.....

Cynar

Threi said:
and even worse they are telling me it costs $60+ for it :(

maybe i should ask again considering its only $39.99 in the US?

oh wow, I just asked if they were in stock, never thought to ask the price. That's rediculous. :lol

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
dankir said:
Okay done, i'll send it to my cousins in Boston.

Deal? I'll pm you.

Deal.

Edit: I was referring to the ASCII Fighter Pad for the DC... :\

Rotanibor

I just picked mine up from Best Buy, and it is a MAJOR improvement from the 360 pad. I've never used a Saturn pad before so I donno what I am missing but I find this pad to be more than acceptable.

Although the D-pad makes weird clicking noises when I press down firmly and I am worried may break or something.

It controls fine. I don't have any trouble at all with diagnals so far.

edit: where do I get the drivers to get the pad to work on my PC?

HoTHiTTeR

Got mine today too!

fightpads.jpg

Rotanibor Eht said:
I just picked mine up from Best Buy, and it is a MAJOR improvement from the 360 pad. I've never used a Saturn pad before so I donno what I am missing but I find this pad to be more than acceptable.

Although the D-pad makes weird clicking noises when I press down firmly and I am worried may break or something.

It controls fine. I don't have any trouble at all with diagnals so far.

edit: where do I get the drivers to get the pad to work on my PC?

If you have windows, it should work right away when you plug it in. Might be different because it's third party, though.

gokieks

Peronthious said:
If you have windows, it should work right away when you plug it in. Might be different because it's third party, though.

No, you need to install the Xbox 360 Controller software for Windows first, or use a 3rd party driver like XBCD (which might actually require you install the official drivers first anyway, though I can't remember exactly). The X360 controllers are not plug-and-play.

Struct09

gokieks said:
No, you need to install the Xbox 360 Controller software for Windows first, or use a 3rd party driver like XBCD (which might actually require you install the official drivers first anyway, though I can't remember exactly). The X360 controllers are not plug-and-play.

With Vista they are at least, it instantly recognizes my 360 controllers. I never had to install anything.

r4z4

With reports that moves in SF4 are much easier to pull off I'm hoping the d-pad diagonal issues turn out to be not that big a deal (for SF4 anyway). Fingers crossed.

Also, any word on UK MadCatz sticks and pads?

EmSeta

I want something with a SNES-ish D-pad. And rumble. And six face buttons. For the 360.

Am I out of luck? The Fightpad seems a little too pricey, especially since it lacks rumble and has a "floaty" D-pad.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
EmSeta said:
I want something with a SNES-ish D-pad. And rumble. And six face buttons. For the 360.

except for the six face buttons -- which is obviously a major 'except' -- hori's 360 pad fits your description

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I got the chun li 360 pad yesterday at best buy.

The six face buttons are excellent, they feel a lot better than the 360 face buttons. I was finally able to pass ssf2hd remix on easy lol.

The dpad is not the best but it is better than the 360 one. I like feeling the 8 directions in there and I wasnt having any trouble playing with Ryu and doing all of his moves. You have to put some force into the dpad but I think once I break it in it wont feel so mushy.

overall I think it's a bit pricey but luckily I had 5 bucks in rewards zone certificates so I got it for 35.

I think if you have a 360 it is a must.

I also passed some levels in N+ that I was not able to pass before.

More than anything I LOVE having 6 face buttons again. Reminds me of when I got that 6 button pad for the genesis when SF2 came out.

Cant wait for next tuesday. Overall I'd say 7.5/10

Good impressions Chris Goldstein, i think this puts me over the edge. I can't beat SF II on easy with a standard controller either, so this makes me feel good. Thank you!

I'm really on the fence here.

I'd like to buy the game for the Xbox 360 because that's where all my friends will be but the 360 controller is definitely not an option. I was hoping this pad would be my savior but for a $40 wired pad, the dpad would have to be perfect for me to buy and I'm not seeing that from the reviews here.

I could buy it on the PS3 but I can't see myself playing random people online.

Finding a good pad option for the 360 may determine whether or not I even buy the game. :(

r4z4 said:
With reports that moves in SF4 are much easier to pull off I'm hoping the d-pad diagonal issues turn out to be not that big a deal (for SF4 anyway). Fingers crossed.

Also, any word on UK MadCatz sticks and pads?

I believe Ono has said the console versions of SF4 have been built to be a little more forgiving with command inputs. While there may be negative feedback here, those who have played SF4 with the pads have all said they're pretty good. I'm not overly concerned.

r4z4

brendanrfoley said:
I believe Ono has said the console versions of SF4 have been built to be a little more forgiving with command inputs. While there may be negative feedback here, those who have played SF4 with the pads have all said they're pretty good. I'm not overly concerned.

That's my thinking. Would love to be able to try it out... come on MadCatz UK and GAME!

B-Ri

can anyone confirm if the pads or sticks work on actual PS2s?

I know they dont work on ps2 games played on PS3 BC, but i wanna max out a stick purchase if im going to get one, and i have like every fighter on PS2

B-Ri

Dr. Zoidberg said:
Earlier in the thread it was confirmed that it does NOT work on a real PS2.

damn!

Has it been confirmed yet that toodles cthulhu work on the 360 SF4 SE stick?

I gotta say this pad is fucking terrible. The only nice things about it are the design and the easiness in which you can push the buttons. Outside of that, I have to say that I actually prefer the 360 dpad to it, and I can at least consistently DP etc just fine on it. On this Madcatz pad, I feel like my DP's are a stroke of luck... My QCFx2 supers come out easier, but the diagonals are so random it seems. I had a very strong feeling I wouldn't like it, and here I am $40+shipping/tax lighter. It's great that some people are enjoying theirs, but I'll probably looking to sell mine and salvage some money. BTW I am referring to the 360 version.

RedAssedApe

Banned
PTCoakley said:
I gotta say this pad is fucking terrible. The only nice things about it are the design and the easiness in which you can push the buttons. Outside of that, I have to say that I actually prefer the 360 dpad to it, and I can at least consistently DP etc just fine on it. On this Madcatz pad, I feel like my DP's are a stroke of luck... My QCFx2 supers come out easier, but the diagonals are so random it seems. I had a very strong feeling I wouldn't like it, and here I am $40+shipping/tax lighter. It's great that some people are enjoying theirs, but I'll probably looking to sell mine and salvage some money. BTW I am referring to the 360 version.

Where'd you pick yours up from? Why not just return it instead of selling at a loss? :)

Well after playing sf4 for a while yesterday I am starting to think I fall into the d-pad camp. Are these pads still pretty easy to get still. I might try and get one sent from the states. I do wish I could get more used to using a stick. I guess I can chalk it up to never having one in my house

Red Scarlet

BudokaiMR2 said:
Well after playing sf4 for a while yesterday I am starting to think I fall into the d-pad camp. Are these pads still pretty easy to get still. I might try and get one sent from the states. I do wish I could get more used to using a stick. I guess I can chalk it up to never having one in my house

I don't think I'm the only one, but I can only use a stick if I am standing up like I'm using an arcade machine; in my lap I can't control it for crap. See if you can simulate standing up and using it like you are playing the arcade version.

Top Bottom