• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Tournaments and Showcase featuring: Daigo, Justin Wong, & PogChamp,

As someone who is shit at option selects and generally don't use them at all, I really disagree. They take a lot of skill.

I wouldnt call it alot of skill. Its just muscle memory, once you get it down you just do it without even thinking. What I hate about them is that you arent doing the guess work of trying to learn your opponent on the fly, the game is doing it for you. To me thats not Street Fighter.

Fantastic play, thank you. Those pillars Bison uses deal so much chip, I love it.

This is what happen when the west and the east get the game at the same time.

I adore Bison's new playstyle. He is literally an oppressive dictator, and now he is oppressive in his playstyle as well. Just brutal how he is in corners, some of these champs looked helpless.

Just curious, what are the particular changes to Bison that make you feel that way?

He has some Dormammu stuff going on in this game with the pillars, projectiles, etc. Not as zoning based but you get the idea.

For anyone watching the editor's tournament tomorrow morning (10AM Pacific), I'll be in it! It should be easy to tell who I am, as I think I'm the only female in the event. *laughs* In case I'm wrong, I'll be the one with long curly red hair.

I'll probably lose badly, but still!

Good luck!

GeoNeo

I disagree.
but the chain clipping D:

They will fix it. It's not even hard to fix in UE4.

I think it's good people bring this up though you don't want that sort of clipping in character select model by the final product.

Cammy's model on the back has her gun holster thing slight clipping too.

Other things that need to be smoothed out is cloth & hair physics in some areas. Example Ryu's headband flying around With the jitters. Also Cammy's hair has the jitters too.

This jitter in the animation of hair and cloth needs to be removed .

#RemoveTheJitters

Baleoce

I wouldnt call it alot of skill. Its just muscle memory, once you get it down you just do it without even thinking. What I hate about them is that you arent doing the guess work of trying to learn your opponent on the fly, the game is doing it for you. To me thats not Street Fighter.
I hate them. I like the mentality of commiting to moves / reads like a game of chess, where you can think many moves in advance at times, but ultimately have to commit to one per go. That's why I'm happy that you can't seem to cancel out of reversals in this game. If it stamps out option selects (as much as it can, anyway) then I'll be pleased. Anything that promotes the aspect of learning your opponent, or your opponent learning you, is a good thing for the game. Having a compendium of inputs that act as the game choosing between 2-3 outcomes depending on which is most beneficial for you, is counter to that.

I hate them. I like the mentality of commiting to moves / reads like a game of chess, where you can think many moves in advance at times, but ultimately have to commit to one per go. That's why I'm happy that you can't seem to cancel out of reversals in this game. If it stamps out option selects (as much as it can, anyway) then I'll be pleased. Anything that promotes the aspect of learning your opponent, or your opponent learning you, is a good thing for the game. Having a compendium of inputs that act as the game choosing between 2-3 outcomes depending on which I'd most beneficial for you, is counter to that.

Amen brother, amen!

I play SF4 series a lot and i refuse to use it. Thats how much I hate them. I rather do the correct reads to win, its so much more satisfying!

Gbraga

For anyone watching the editor's tournament tomorrow morning (10AM Pacific), I'll be in it! It should be easy to tell who I am, as I think I'm the only female in the event. *laughs* In case I'm wrong, I'll be the one with long curly red hair.

Go get em, shidoshi!

i'm so happy they're making inputs easier. teaching new people to play they game while trying to teach them to do the ultra flash kick of SPD motions is freaking impossible. it just makes people want to play smash bros.

I know it's early and all but I'd like to see a increase in walk speed across the board. I wasn't too thrilled with the way players were playing. They were jumping a lot and that seems like the most effective way of moving in on each other. Simply walking or dashing wasn't getting it done. I watched Max's video and he said the same thing. Not sure how the pros who competed feels but I think they should look into this more to keep the focus on the ground game.

BadWolf

Regarding Bison and that pressure, one thing players are doing very little of right now is using alpha counters and it felt like Justin really lucked out with that. Like Xian would get stuck in the corner and try V-trigger shenanigans (and get punished for it) instead of spending half the meter to get out via alpha counter.

And also, Ultra Chen mentioned on their stream that normals into scissor kick are a true block string but normals into that new pound move that Justin was abusing apparently isn't a true block string. So people with DPs etc. could have been punishing him for spamming that. Ryu could have probably been option selecting a parry.

LOL @ "it's a bug"...

It still happens on 1P side too. And why does it ONLY focus on her chest? Come on maaaaan.

Capcom clearly wanted dem titties to be jiggly as fuuu, then got a bad reaction to it, and so they are pulling it back.

I'm on team #KeepTheJiggle

I think they will normalize it to 1P values. You could always get the PC ver and mod the gravity variables if you want, lmao.

Regarding Bison and that pressure, one thing players are doing very little of right now is using alpha counters and it felt like Justin really lucked out with that. Like Xian would get stuck in the corner and try V-trigger shenanigans (and get punished for it) instead of spending half the meter to get out via alpha counter.

And also, Ultra Chen mentioned on their stream that normals into scissor kick are a true block string but normals into that new pound move that Justin was abusing apparently isn't a true block string. So people with DPs etc. could have been punishing him for spamming that. Ryu could have probably been option selecting a parry.

Yeah, I only saw Tokido using the alpha counter to save himself from a Shinkuu Hadoken chip death. Seems like a great tool!

jett

D-Member
Also, Capcom has added Jiggle to males before too.

I present:

3rd Strike Dudley's Glorious Package.

T2LZpeu.gif

Now people will say "But he had no jiggle in SSFIV"

Sadly the previous gen consoles lacked the processing and raw GPU power to produce the jiggle on Dudley's package.

what has been seen

cannot be unseen

y would u do dis

V-Faction

There needs to be a SF V Decree:

"Whomsoever pulls of Birdie's idle animation booger flick shall hence forth be granted the coveted 'WIN' from his opponent."

Just curious, what are the particular changes to Bison that make you feel that way?

He has some Dormammu stuff going on in this game with the pillars, projectiles, etc. Not as zoning based but you get the idea.
Mostly reduced charge time, chip on normals (he has good ones), and the new pillar move make him feel oppressive.

I like that he has a projectile counter, and that the charge time is reduced. Those are both big to me, as a Blanka main. I hate how long SFIV charge time is, and it looks to be more like Skullgirls charge time, which is perfect for a fast-paced game.

I also love his aesthetic changes.

depths20XX

There needs to be a SF V Decree:

"Whomsoever pulls of Birdie's idle animation booger flick shall hence forth be granted the coveted 'WIN' from his opponent."

I'd really love to see someone get KO'd by the booger. It only does 1hp dmg so it would be really tough to pull off.

FinKL

Yeah, Combofiend mentioned this when he was commenting on the match. Moreover in a previous match with a different opponent, Daigo used Ryu's Critical Art to chip win a round.

It's going to happen where we forget Ryu can parry so when the opponent CAs all you see is another Evo moment in the making.

RS4-

I hate them. I like the mentality of commiting to moves / reads like a game of chess, where you can think many moves in advance at times, but ultimately have to commit to one per go. That's why I'm happy that you can't seem to cancel out of reversals in this game. If it stamps out option selects (as much as it can, anyway) then I'll be pleased. Anything that promotes the aspect of learning your opponent, or your opponent learning you, is a good thing for the game. Having a compendium of inputs that act as the game choosing between 2-3 outcomes depending on which is most beneficial for you, is counter to that.

The OS heavy garbage in SFIV is one of the biggest turn offs.

Ploid 3.0

This is Mollie the destroyer right? If so DAAAAAAAAANG you're cleaning house it seems.

Top Bottom