• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad brings back giant out of scale cars.

SimTourist

Remember this?
8n77nh4dv3o51.jpg

Well guess who's back
R8Ch5o2.png
o5wACEd.png

//DEVIL//

What are the chances this is just the result of FOV 120 ?

I remember cod suffer from the same thing on each side of the screen with FOV 120. Legs / body of characters look huge on a regular screen

kyussman

I very much doubt anyone at Rocksteady made those cars,they were probably outsourced and somewhere the scale got confused.....modern day game development,yay!

SJRB

Gold Member
Cut them some slack, they had only seven years to make this game.

Seriously though, the perspective is weird. Could be FOV warping?

Fbh

I know they probably aren't the most flatering shots.
But it's hard to believe these 2 games are 10 years and 2 console gens apart.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I guess That when it comes to suspension of disbelief larger than normal cars is where some people draw the line.

DanielG165

Why does that old batman game look graphically better than suicide squad 🤔😭
Art style, and Rocksteady actually put in effort back then. Arkham Knight looks immense on PC.

OT: So what, does this mean that the Batmobile tank was 30 feet tall in Knight?

diffusionx

Gold Member
The Arkham games are still among the best for attention to detail. This shows you that the studio is just a name in the front and doesn't matter at all. The only thing that matters are the people working in it.

simpatico

PalWorld will outsell Suicide Squad, Prince of Persia and Tekken 8 combined. Bet me.

People are tired of AAA slop. If we must eat slop, at least make it inexpensive and cool. The layoffs we saw in the past 6 weeks are but a drop in the bucket for what is coming this year. Gaming needs it though. The dead wood must be burned away before the new healthy stuff can grow.

Last edited:

DanielG165

When your game has been in development for 5 years or more, and has millions of dollars behind it, I think one can and should nit pick aspects like this… But that’s just me. Games such as RDR2, Last of Us, and the Arkham games, to use only a few examples, came out the way they were because someone somewhere was nitpicking and going over every single painstaking detail.

Critically acclaimed films are what they are because there was “nitpicking” involved during the process of making them. Nitpicking is not inherently negative, especially when dealing with a product that you’re charging $70 and above for, that was in development for several years and backed by one of the biggest publishers in the industry.

Top Bottom