• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laputa_94

Well I ended up bingeing the rest of the bloodborne lp, and it was a super good lp. I got to see some cool stuff I missed in my playthrough.

66067e885ea6a28068cbb73a2f31db6f.png

Twitter

Is he actually talking about actual DBZ fanfic from his tweets or something else?

It's getting kind of clear they don't enjoy playing Game of Thrones much anymore.
I don't think anyone can blame them, considering the game is Telltale as fuck in every way, plus the game has the disadvantage of being a kind of shitty sidestory that involves canon characters, who can't be hurt.

Numb

Don't know his exact age but must be in the triple digits.

I haven't been feelng this Game of Thrones LP for a while now.
Since rustling has started we need Life is strange to complete the wrestling is strange combo we deserve.

Ric Flair is technically Russian, being one of the men who went West instead of crossing the frozen Bering Straight to the Americas, but he has been Babylonian, Sumerian, Egyptian, Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman, and of course, Italian throughout his many rustling adventures.

There are some historians who believe Ric Flair will continue to appear at the height of every empire to retake the reigns of power for himself until he is finally laid to rest by being defeated in the ancient game of kings, Yu-Gi-Oh.

Skrams

You can pay credits to regain health in WWF Wrestlefest. Wow. I get it because arcade cabinets eating quarters, but all I can imagine is kids fighting over each other putting in quarters and regaining health. There had to be an instance where a kid put in a quarter and the other used the credit to refill his health then a fistfight broke out. WWF Wrestlefest ruins lives.

Liam abusing it was everything I ever wanted.

The best part was Woolie and Pat being so focused on learning to tag that they never noticed what was happening.

Edit: Yo Pat, are you and Woolie ready to get super hyped for Harebrained Schemes (the Shadowrun: Dragonfall dev) making a BattleTech turn-based mech squad combat game?

The way LP games are decided that Pat described in RE3 had got me thinking. There's a tons of LPs been bad (at least imo) like Tormentum, FP, and Astro Boy. Tormentum was hard to go through due to Pat's whining about the puzzles along with sometimes admiring the cool metal shit. Freedom Planet had almost no commentary with mostly a yooo that was a cool thing I could do. Astro Boy was the worst of them due to they not caring about the story at all. It felt really bad watching them skip over all of the dialogue featuring Tezuka's characters, with little to no commentary. It was incredibly frustrating hearing them say that its rough finishing Astro Boy blind when they don't read the highlighted red words telling you where to go next.

I hope Pat still comes to the thread and reads my criticisms of a couple of LPs. While they aren't the best or worst LPers, I still care about them and get annoyed at them sometimes.

Skrams

Yep, and Pat remains clueless. Though he might know and is just messing with people, but I doubt it.

Gauging by the twitter response, he seems to be just fucking with people and he's just watching SU. I have to imagine he's just fucking with people though because if he's actually going to drag on about SU being a DBZ clone I'm probably going to mentally tap out during that section.

Also he might be salt over the "it's better than Adventure Time," comments on the last podcast or whatever it was.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
The way LP games are decided that Pat described in RE3 had got me thinking. There's a tons of LPs been bad (at least imo) like Tormentum, FP, and Astro Boy. Tormentum was hard to go through due to Pat's whining about the puzzles along with sometimes admiring the cool metal shit. Freedom Planet had almost no commentary with mostly a yooo that was a cool thing I could do. Astro Boy was the worst of them due to they not caring about the story at all. It felt really bad watching them skip over all of the dialogue featuring Tezuka's characters, with little to no commentary. It was incredibly frustrating hearing them say that its rough finishing Astro Boy blind when they don't read the highlighted red words telling you where to go next.

I hope Pat still comes to the thread and reads my criticisms of a couple of LPs. While they aren't the best or worst LPers, I still care about them and get annoyed at them sometimes.
Well with the new thread, he might get off heavensward. But regarding your critiscism, I just wonder, what's makes a good LP? I think SH2 is the most genuine one in a long time, while Resident Evil 4 being bad. I give kudos to everything else though, because those games seem really cool, and I don't think I would ever try Freedom Planet or Tormentum without seeing them play it. Even if they played it for the lols.

Gauging by the twitter response, he seems to be just fucking with people and he's just watching SU. I have to imagine he's just fucking with people though because if he's actually going to drag on about SU being a DBZ clone I'm probably going to mentally tap out during that section.

Also he might be salt over the "it's better than Adventure Time," comments on the last podcast or whatever it was.

Yeah he probably knows, I don't think Pat would read a weird DBZ fanfic anyway. And agreed, the comparison to DBZ would make no sense at all(except fusions I guess but you might as well call it a yugioh clone too) so I hope he's not going to go there.

If he is watching SU I'm interested in what he thinks about it.

I don't think anyone is. That game is just unnecessary cash-grab bullshit. Not to mention that Telltale's release "schedule" is about as unsuitable for LPs as it gets.

The release schedule is the absolute worst, for some reason the LiS devs are doing the same and I don't know why. Release the first episode closer to when the entire game is done so you can actually put them out in a reasonably consistent fashion so people stay interested and don't forget literally everything about the story when the next episode finally comes out. Yes, I know why they're doing it this way but it's still extremely annoying.

That's besides the fact that the GoT game isn't good at all, everything becomes far less interesting when you know exactly which choices will not matter because certain characters have plot armor.

Well with the new thread, he might get off heavensward. But regarding your critiscism, I just wonder, what's makes a good LP? I think SH2 is the most genuine one in a long time, while Resident Evil 4 being bad. I give kudos to everything else though, because those games seem really cool, and I don't think I would ever try Freedom Planet or Tormentum without seeing them play it. Even if they played it for the lols.

Matt and Pat are at their best when they play games that has stuff to talk about and the game is complete garbage.

So basically just keep LPing Prison Break until the end of time.

Skrams

Always weird to see the difference between good and bad LPs for people. Never seen anyone refer to RE4 as a bad LP either. That's a bit surprising as I'd think most people rank it high up there. The thing I at least appreciate about AB, FP, or Tormentum besides more exposure for those games is that they usually don't overstay their welcome. Whether that be them being shorter games or because whoever is cutting up Astro Boy knows the last few parts are duller so they compensate with 45 minute to hour long parts. I find it hard to call them bad LPs, but I do have my fair share of annoyances with how they approach some games like them speeding through Astro Boy text.
Have they mentioned anything about doing a let's watch of the MS Gamescom conference ?

Don't think they've mentioned it, but I'd like to see it considering Scalebound and it being the only conference to actually watch.

Archgan

Lol I could never figure out that 3 Goddesses puzzle and brute forced it too. Every time.

I've never played RE3, but I think I was able to figure out. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to associate amber with the past because things from the past get trapped in amber. Or in the words of Matt, Jurassic Park. Then you're supposed to associate the crystal ball with the future because you use crystal balls to see the future. I'm not sure if there is something like that for obsidian, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom