• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey Preview Thread (9/20) Three kingdoms highlighted and MORE

So...
(actual spoilers)
64 throwback, Sunshine throwback... is the moon going to be a Galaxy throwback? :)

5Ltz1EH.gif

Peltz

I'm not watching any footage or looking at screenshots. I just came for captions and quotes that gush over the game.

To try and drag the hype down a bit to mortal levels, it seems like some of the moon puzzles are repeated throughout the game. Specifically, I've seen at least 3 instances of the
stack of goombas to save/impress the lady goomba
thing.

Hopefully there aren't too many repeats.
Eh, I really don't like when they do it.

It's taking a lot of willpower to not click on the link lol. So I'll just ban myself from any Mario Odyssey topics just in case...

AdanVC

Haven't clicked on that spoiler but it seems it's something exciting???? Or bad??? AHHHHHH!! I should stop checking this thread cuz I try to be on blackout with the game.

weekev

Banned
Haven't clicked on that spoiler but it seems it's something exciting???? Or bad??? AHHHHHH!! I should stop checking this thread cuz I try to be on blackout with the game.

No way you are gonna last another month without spoiling yourself, you might as wlel just click it. Wait....you clicked already didnt you?

Well let’s put it that way. If you already preordered the game, don’t cancel the preorder

AdanVC

Oh, it's good. It's very good.

No way you are gonna last another month without spoiling yourself, you might as wlel just click it. Wait....you clicked already didnt you?

Well let’s put it that way. If you already preordered the game, don’t cancel the preorder

OMFGGGG! I haven't clicked yet, I won't!! I must resist. I trust you guys so brb buying a damn Switch and preordering this freaking game, geez!!

Platy

It points to something good.

The problem is that it is just a breadcrumb that makes people's imagination go WILD

Pinky

Banned
OMFGGGG! I haven't clicked yet, I won't!! I must resist. I trust you guys so brb buying a damn Switch and preordering this freaking game, geez!!

I was weak and clicked on it. Yeah, it's a massive spoiler, but I have no regrets. All it did was make my hype levels explode through the roof. My anticipation is now off the charts!

BTA

I don't think that's a big spoiler in the sense that I expected it but I guess I'd like to see less after this point.

Though the game's gonna have lots to discover even if you know big things, I'm sure.

I was weak and clicked on it. Yeah, it's a massive spoiler, but I have no regrets. All it did was make my hype levels explode through the roof. My anticipation is now off the charts!

Is it honestly a massive one? It's a hint at something bigger, but we don't know HOW big and it might lead to a lot of people setting themselves up for disappointment.

Is it honestly a massive one? It's a hint at something bigger, but we don't know HOW big and it might lead to a lot of people setting themselves up for disappointment.
I'd say you'll at least be able to run around the castle and find a moon or two. Which should be enough for most.

KooopaKid

Banned
OMG! It seems completely brilliant!
At first, some areas seemed a bit basic with dull and flat textures, and some platforming sections a bit squared and unorganic within the level theme compared to Super Mario Galaxy, but this video is just too good in the variety on display here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcjgRMXDLyo

The continuous moon hunt without any interruption alone and level reset should be enough to surpass SMG1 and SMG2.

The Mushroom Kingdom is likely the size of a standard kingdom in this game.
It's not going to be a full-on 64 remake or anything like that, but I also doubt it's something you'll be able to finish in five minutes.

Kouriozan

Didn't expect so much spoiler from previews, only saw that "pure-platforming" section like in Sunshine and bailing out now, I want to be surprised while playing.

Red Devil

OMG! It seems completely brilliant!
At first, some areas seemed a bit basic with dull and flat textures, and some platforming sections a bit squared and unorganic within the level theme compared to Super Mario Galaxy, but this video is just too good in the variety on display here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcjgRMXDLyo

The continuous moon hunt without any interruption alone and level reset should be enough to surpass SMG1 and SMG2.

Pile of Meat Mario best Mario. That looks so silly.

The Mushroom Kingdom is likely the size of a standard kingdom in this game.
It's not going to be a full-on 64 remake or anything like that, but I also doubt it's something you'll be able to finish in five minutes.

My guess is that
it'll probably be something like the Toad Town on SMG but bigger and also with Peach's Castle

Top Bottom