• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey trailer (October 27th)

Thank god it seems like they're taking a break from the Koopalings. It was nice having them return and all but since then they've been pushed in literally everything it seems like so it's good to have a different kind of underling for Bowser in the form of these rabbit wedding planners it seems.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This is the only game that can out-GotY Zelda.

Amazing, Nintendo. Two years in a row carrying E3 on their own.

Not

Banned
Oh man. I'm more excited for this than I thought. The gameplay right now looks fantastic too

Switch is GOAT

halfbeast

Banned
NtXFNSN.gif

sYx4lkd.jpg

h773rPZ.jpg

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

x5ynn7h.jpg

8873e4657e134bc866ae829b9209c429.gif

(she's bi)

Farsi

I had the biggest smile at mariachi Mario. Everything about this trailer just screamed joy. Easily my favorite trailer from this year.

Galang

Banned
Game already looked amazing last year, but this was better than even my highest expectations. The possession mechanic is amazing. Dinosaur world too, umffff omg. Never thought I could be more excited for a game than Galaxy 2, but here I am!

Oersted

Is there any platforming in this game that resembles Mario 64? All I see is 3D World style camera and wide open zero skill required platforms just like 3D world.

And way too much focus on the gimmick versus mariod acrobatic moves. This is not a follow up to 64 at all.

3D World had very tight plattforming. You were able to just run trough huge chunks of levels in 64.

It will probably be good but that city looks like shit. A lot of the art-direction too.
But maybe it will all fall in place and click when i play it.

Mario 64 is the game that actually took zero skill. Acrobatic character yes, but super basuc platformer. 3D World was much better in that regard.

Yep. Mario 64 was by far the most forgiving Mario game at release and the easiest to finish. Galaxy's 60 stars might have been easier but 3D World was definitely harder.

Anyone watching the Treehouse? Gameplay looks amazing. I really love those 2D segments (SMB style)!

Saw some and then shut down the stream. Strangely enough, i'm more bothered by seeing new stuff from Mario games before I play them than story content from games.

Top Bottom