• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Run available on Android right now

Tried the 3 levels on the bus this morning. Not sure I will bother buying it. It was OK (run perfectly on my moto z play). It says I unlock lvl 4 by getting the 15 pink coins. Does this apply throughout the game allowing you to play it for free or is it just for that first boss?

Shiggy

Tried the 3 levels on the bus this morning. Not sure I will bother buying it. It was OK (run perfectly on my moto z play). It says I unlock lvl 4 by getting the 15 pink coins. Does this apply throughout the game allowing you to play it for free or is it just for that first boss?

Just that first "boss".

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Downloaded it yesterday, was sceptical about the game itself but it wasn't half bad. That said, it wasn't $14 good either and always online is a no go.

$14 CAD fuck you

Yeah I was taken aback by that when I saw it. $10 US is $13 and change CAD, not $14. Fucking Nintendo.

NuKERxyz

Anyone know how many Mb the game consumes of mobile data? His it constantly getting online data or just small online connectivity checks?

I'm afraid I'm gonna easily reach my data cap playing this game.

correojon

I thought the same. Try to get the 3rd tier coins on the first level before giving up.

Yeah I´m having some trouble adapting to these mechanics, but I don´t think they´re bad. Same thing happened to me when playing Tropical Freeze initially and now it´s one of my top 2D platformers ever, so I´m willing to give it a chance.

Used my Play Rewards credit to pick this up. Definitely having fun with it!

I'll add the people on here too

My code it 3256-5323-4511

ghibli99

Bought it on iOS last year and got my money's worth. $10 for what is a very polished and challenging Mario runner on mobile is a good deal IMO. Glad Android users will finally get to play it.

Dinjoralo

Well, this ended up being the last straw in a long-ass line of annoyances that has led to me attempting to unroot my phone and go back to stock. And now Wi-Fi refuses to work.

It's gonna be one of those days...

FN-2187

Wow, I hate this game.

There haven't been too many endless runners that I have enjoyed, but I wanted to give this one a shot with an open mind because it's Mario and Nintendo. I'm not a mobile gaming hater by any means, but playing a Mario game with one hand and touch controls almost instantly turned me into a grumpy old man. "Mario games are meant to be played with a controller and have exploration! Stop running forward for a second. I want to go back and check out what was up there! ARRRGH!!!"

correojon

Wow, I hate this game.

There haven't been too many endless runners that I have enjoyed, but I wanted to give this one a shot with an open mind because it's Mario and Nintendo. I'm not a mobile gaming hater by any means, but playing a Mario game with one hand and touch controls almost instantly turned me into a grumpy old man. "Mario games are meant to be played with a controller and have exploration! Stop running forward for a second. I want to go back and check out what was up there! ARRRGH!!!"

It´s not an endless runner, levels are handcrafted and have an end. But I understand what you say, you just have to accept that this is just an autorunner and maybe you´ll enjoy it. Besides, you can always activate a bubble to move back.

FN-2187

It´s not an endless runner, levels are handcrafted and have an end. But I understand what you say, you just have to accept that this is just an autorunner and maybe you´ll enjoy it. Besides, you can always activate a bubble to move back.

Sorry, you are right. I should have said autorunner.

I think what you said about it being "just an autorunner" is what is so disappointing to me. I was hoping Nintendo would take a more creative approach. When I play something by Nintendo, I expect a certain level of creativity and care. This seems no different than games like Rayman Jungle Run and a dozen other games I have already played. And the fact that it has a Mario aesthetic almost makes it worse because then I have all sorts of expectations of what a Mario game should be. If Nintendo is going to continue making mobile games, I hope they start doing more original stuff with original IPs.

Top Bottom