• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

Visualante said:
This xbox live exclusivity is pretty lame.

U_MAD.png

Anyway, I didn't know about this game, but now I'm sold. I need to spend some MS points to get the 800 back.

V_Ben

Banned
Visualante said:
Only platform it isn't coming to is PSN, and there's a valid reason for that. They're a small team, so I'm sure they're working their hardest on those other versions :)

Day one perche :)

LordPhoque said:
<Lameness removed>

Anyway, I didn't know about this game, but now I'm sold. I need to spend some MS points to get the 800 back.

That is by far the worst "u mad?" picture ever.

I can understand why people would be bothered by no PSN release, considering it's coming to everything else. Even... Mac. I'll probably be playing it on PC.

LordPhoque said:
http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/065/398/original/U_MAD.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
What is that supposed to mean? I'm getting it on PC I just think it's pathetic that content is exclusive to one platform.

NewFresh

Have a feeling that I am going to atleast Double dip this (pc & xbla) if not tripple dip so my cousins can play it on their wii.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I didn't know about the Level Editor being PC and Mac-exclusive.

I guess I now know which version I'll be grabbing.

Luigiv

Visualante said:
I believe the timed and content exclusivity was a tradeoff for having Microsoft help promote the game. Somewhat annoying, given that the 360 version was announced last (and is the only only current gen system I don't own) but I can't really blame team meat for doing it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Luigiv said:
I believe the timed and content exclusivity was a tradeoff for having Microsoft help promote the game. Somewhat annoying, given that the 360 version was announced last (and is the only only current gen system I don't own) but I can't really blame team meat for doing it.
I think he's talking about the exclusive mode with DLC levels.

I just lost well over 200 lives on a single level, trying to get a perfect run and top the leaderboard. Came second.

I'm the quickest with Meat Boy though.

200 lives. :lol

RS4-

I was all excited and logged in thinking I could buy it right now...only to realize it's still Monday :lol

it looks a little bit too much like N+ from the gameplay perspective but i guess that's exactly why it's gonna be full of red awesomesauce.

Lothars

Jonnyram said:
Will probably get this on Steam as I spend more time on my Mac than my 360 these days.

Also...
NEW regulations? N+ had the level editor removed too, and look when that came out.

When was the N+ level editor removed? that's the first I heard about it.

Finally! I've been waiting for this game forever.

I remember seeing a preview for it literally in November of last year...

N+ was great, but this will be even better.

FrankT

Hmm, these scores are up there with some of the best download titles this gen. I admit I haven't been watching this at all, but may have to check it out.

Rad-

Super Meat Boy is a love letter to everything that's great about video games. The experience runs the fine line of punishing and rewarding and has the ability to make you feel like you've achieved the impossible. It's an absolute must-buy from Xbox Live Arcade and should be found on every hard drive of every Xbox in existence. While this all sounds like high praise, Super Meat Boy earns every word of it.

9.8/10

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1881/Super-Meat-Boy/p1/

Really wish it was coming out the same week for everyone so I could be playing it right now on Wii. Want to play it as soon as possible since I loved the flash version but can't stand buying stuff on 360 anymore. Dilemmas dilemmas.

Hixx

First XBLA game I've looked forward to in a while.

Loved Jumper which this seems to be inspired by, can't wait.

todayzee

CitizenCope said:
I sucked at Splosion man so maybe this isn't for me. Unlimited lives though. Hmmm!?

I sucked at 'Splosion Man, too. SMB I'm not that much better, but there is something about this one that makes me keep trying. I think the replay feature is the thing that does it. The carnage you get to watch after a particularily challenging level is WAY too fun. I just wish there was an easy way to share/save some of my better replays, because I suck at some levels, but I am tenacious.

xxoo

Davey Cakes

HixxSAFC said:
First XBLA game I've looked forward to in a while.

Loved Jumper which this seems to be inspired by, can't wait.
The resemblance to the Jumper games is uncanny, from what I've seen. Not a bad thing, though.

If you liked Jumper, I'll tell you that Jumper 2 is even better. And it's free, after all. I'd recommend it as preparation for this Meat Boy game.

CitizenCope said:
I sucked at Splosion man so maybe this isn't for me. Unlimited lives though. Hmmm!?
It's different to Splosion Man. It's about 100x quicker, and the controls are so much more tight. Splosion Man controlled like shit, this is utterly spot on. You have so much more control over Meat Boy.

An aside: you Jumper fans are gonna really enjoy this ;)

HyperMusic said:
It really is that good. Beware of insane hand cramps though, as ttk will attest to. I was left with a claw for most of the weekend :lol
Hey look, it's my hand!

5094920736_9acfeda837_z.jpg

That giant red mark should not be there.

THE PAIN.

THE GLORIOUS GLORIOUS PAIN. :D

For those still wondering about exclusive content and all that, here is the skinny.

Each version will have their own exclusive characters, but those which have cutscenes will be in every version of the game.

The XBLA version gets Teh Internets, a special world through which Team Meat can release free DLC chapters using a special in-game level editor. However, players will be unable to make and share levels; thankfully, Team Meat will compile the best fan levels into Teh Internets over time.

The PC version is expected to get a level editor about six months after launch, allowing players to develop and share levels among other users. The best of these will go to the XBLA version in mappacks.

The WiiWare version is still unknown in content. Team Meat is still investigating what to do with exclusive stuff, and seeing as the duo has been working extensively on the XBLA version, we do not know how the game will differ in the end, considering size restraints.

Also, because Team Meat has not submitted Super Meat Boy to Nintendo from what I can see, it would not be wise to assume its release for November on Wii. Nintendo has been known to release games fast after submission, but at this busy time of year, who knows what will happen.

Salsa

Amir0x said:
jesus the praise

and the videos

and the replay system

why have i barely heard of this game before :lol

Its been in development for a looooooooong time. Most popular sites kinda lost track of the game.

Gribbix

TheUnknownForce said:
For those still wondering about exclusive content and all that, here is the skinny.

Each version will have their own exclusive characters, but those which have cutscenes will be in every version of the game.

The XBLA version gets Teh Internets, a special world through which Team Meat can release free DLC chapters using a special in-game level editor. However, players will be unable to make and share levels; thankfully, Team Meat will compile the best fan levels into Teh Internets over time.

The PC version is expected to get a level editor about six months after launch, allowing players to develop and share levels among other users. The best of these will go to the XBLA version in mappacks.

The WiiWare version is still unknown in content. Team Meat is still investigating what to do with exclusive stuff, and seeing as the duo has been working extensively on the XBLA version, we do not know how the game will differ in the end, considering size restraints.

Also, because Team Meat has not submitted Super Meat Boy to Nintendo from what I can see, it would not be wise to assume its release for November on Wii. Nintendo has been known to release games fast after submission, but at this busy time of year, who knows what will happen.
Here's what Team Meat says about the differences between the XBLA and WiiWare versions:
Team Meat said:
main differences between Wii and Xbox are resolution and Teh Internets. Other than that they are identical.

Nelo Ice

Banned
TheUnknownForce said:

well guess i'll definitely hold off and wait for the pc version

snap0212

Some people here seem to already have it. How big is the download? I really hope this won't be a 2GB game. 1MB connection here. :/

thomaser

Will buy it at once when they release it on WiiWare.

But I'm a little wary - the downloadable Meatboy micro-game they made for Wario Ware Do It Yourself was extremely lazy. I think most of us can do much better in a few minutes!

Top Bottom