• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

Lijik

Jesus fuck cant wait for this game on the pc so bad.
Just finished watching the GB quick look and now Im replaying the original.

Hixx

Rash said:
The resemblance to the Jumper games is uncanny, from what I've seen. Not a bad thing, though.

If you liked Jumper, I'll tell you that Jumper 2 is even better. And it's free, after all. I'd recommend it as preparation for this Meat Boy game.

Played them all, they were seriously good enough that I wouldn't have minded paying for them.

Man, I want to play this so bad I'm literally crawling out of my skin reading all the amazing reviews. I'm gonna look like Meat Boy myself by the time I finally get my hands on it.

jett

D-Member
Oh man do not play the original Meat Boy in anticipation for Super Meat Boy. :p Bad controls are bad.

SMB looks really awesome though, I'll get it on PC.

Red

Adam J. said:
I'll buy the game for you if you rake the leaves in my yard.
And then that tea you offer me knocks me out and you get the kidney anyway. Nah, not buying it.

ElNarez

Banned
Rash said:
The resemblance to the Jumper games is uncanny, from what I've seen. Not a bad thing, though.

If you liked Jumper, I'll tell you that Jumper 2 is even better. And it's free, after all. I'd recommend it as preparation for this Meat Boy game.
Incidentally, Jumper is actually an unlockable character in Super Meat Boy.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I would just like to publicly announced that I died 369 times trying to beat just the first of three stages to unlock
The Kid from "I wanna be the Guy"

Team Meat are two evil, glorious bastards.

Nabs

Dacvak said:
I would just like to publicly announced that I died 369 times trying to beat just the first of three stages to unlock
The Kid from "I wanna be the Guy"

Team Meat are two evil, glorious bastards.
:lol i didn't know he was in the game. awesome.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
SapientWolf said:
So which is harder, N+ or SMB?
Oh my dear sweet God, Super Meat Boy by a fucking mile.

When I finally unlocked
The Kid
, my total death count for three one-screen stages was fucking 757.

SEVEN. HUNDRED. FIFTY. SEVEN.

Salsa

I think they're pushing it because the PC advantages are hard to match. I think level editor + level sharing = inifinite replayability is a no brainer for me.

Gowans

While its price has been set at $15, early buyers will be rewarded with a 33 percent discount. From launch day until sometime in November, Super Meat Boy will be reduced to $10.

Why set it at 1200 points in the first place, measures like this and points rebates is a real sign that 1200 points is a struggle for all but a few games.

Will make it easier to recommend to friends then.

Dacvak said:
Oh my dear sweet God, Super Meat Boy by a fucking mile.

When I finally unlocked
The Kid
, my total death count for three one-screen stages was fucking 757.

SEVEN. HUNDRED. FIFTY. SEVEN.
:lol

I've no idea what my death count was, but I went into that warp zone at 1030 and after beating the first level, couldn't stop until I'd done the other two, fearful that it might not save. Went to bed at 1am.

800 points is insane, it's more than worth 1200. Don't miss this!

Gowans007 said:
Why set it at 1200 points in the first place, measures like this and points rebates is a real sign that 1200 points is a struggle for all but a few games.

Will make it easier to recommend to friends then.

Day one now for me, i wasnt going to add more points to my account to buy both smb and costume quest now i dont have to so i will be buying both.:D

Gowans

supermackem said:
Day one now for me, i wasnt going to add more points to my account to buy both smb and costume quest now i dont have to so i will be buying both.:D
Yeah same for me bud, gota find 400points to blow on something now so I can get at 800point rebate unless something else pops out.

Oh man, I love the irony in how these Xbox Live discounts are making me spend so much more money. I was just gonna get Meat Boy this month, but then when I saw the $10 rebate deal I figured I'd get Costume Quest as well. Now with Meat Boy reduced I need to buy something else to qualify for the rebate. I guess I'll get Monkey Island 2.

So instead of spending $15 like I had originally planned, I'm now gonna wind up spending $35! Damn you and your deviousness, Microsoft!

Gowans007 said:
Yeah same for me bud, gota find 400points to blow on something now so I can get at 800point rebate unless something else pops out.

I think im covered as i bought the dlc for borderlands and comic jumper.:lol

TheOddOne

Boglinus said:
Oh man, I love the irony in how these Xbox Live discounts are making me spend so much more money. I was just gonna get Meat Boy this month, but then when I saw the $10 rebate deal I figured I'd get Costume Quest as well. Now with Meat Boy reduced I need to buy something else to qualify for the rebate. I guess I'll get Monkey Island 2.

So instead of spending $15 like I had originally planned, I'm now gonna wind up spending $35! Damn you and your deviousness, amazing developers!
Fixed :)

Jubbly

Official word from Team Meat re: pre-launch price drop:

So, recently we have been talking to MS about eventual sales and the future of Super Meat Boy, we wanted to be able to do something special for Xmas, but it felt like a sale only 2 months after launch would be a kinda shitty thing to do to the fans who just bought it.

After much brainstorming Tommy and I pitched the idea of possibly launching with a sale, a way to reward the fans for buying the game at launch. Now this to my knowledge isn't something that MS has ever done, but much like "teh Internets" we though we might as well approach the idea of a sale with the same innovative mind set. MS loved the idea and we finalized it last Friday.

So its official.

Super Meat Boy will launch on xbla ON SALE for 800 ms points! (that's $10 bucks!) the sales for a limited time only and will go back up to our normal price of 1200 ms points in Nov.

We hope you guys appreciate this early xmas gift, you're positive comments, fan art and donations when Edmund was in the hospital have been greatly appreciated, we are more than happy to give a little back.

Enjoy!

http://supermeatboy.com/47/A_Gift_to_the_fans_/#b

Mdk7

It was my personal game of the show at E3 (and Tommy's such a cool guy!), i really can't wait to get my hands on it.
DAY ONE!

800 points :D I was prepared to pay 1200 and probably would of paid more than that (I love me some super hard platformers).

I wonder if it's kind of a sly plan on MS's behalf so that some people won't spend an extra 400 points to reach the 2400 point threshold. Regardless, fair play to everyone involved for bringing the price down.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Good going Team Meat; Now I can get some DLC along with this and costume quest ^_^

It's cool to see an "early adopter" sale on XBLA finally. Topped with the 800 back for spending 2400, and this becomes a lot of gaming content for $30. Depending on your viewpoint, it's like getting the game purchased alongside Super Meat Boy (Or Meatboy itself?) for free.

OMG Aero

Part of me is happy at this deal and the other part is annoyed that I now have to spend another 400 points to get the 2400 point deal.
I can't think of anything on the marketplace that I want for 400 points.

OMG Aero said:
Part of me is happy at this deal and the other part is annoyed that I now have to spend another 400 points to get the 2400 point deal.
I can't think of anything on the marketplace that I want for 400 points.

Can go with some music game DLC if you're into any of those.

Or see if you are interested in Costume Quest or Pinball FX 2, both come out this month.

Top Bottom