• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

snap0212

TheOddOne said:
MS XBLA team is awesome. Hats off :)
What? It's Team Meat, not Microsoft, who are awesome.

Great thing to do. After watching GiantBomb's QuickLook I'm even more hyped. Can't wait to download it!

TheOddOne

snap0212 said:
What? It's Team Meat, not Microsoft, who are awesome.

Great thing to do. After watching GiantBomb's QuickLook I'm even more hyped. Can't wait to download it!
Team Meat is awesome indeed, but MS XBLA where not acting like dicks this time and complied with Team Meat.

Gowans

Ataturk said:
Was already sold at 1200, great deal that is. But now I need to buy something else to get the rebate.
I'm the same, its a nice problem to have.

Depending on how I feel about the game, if they offer some DLC or a theme or something, I'll throw them some points in support (& I never buy themes).

MMaRsu

Banned
800 huh? Ok I'll buy it..

now what's the best way to spend 400 points? Peggle Nights? Trials HD Big Box?

zigg

So I kinda want to check this out on XBLA but... the d-pad.

How much of an issue is this? I do have a Hori EX2 pad so I have an out there but I kind of hate being wired, too.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
zigg said:
So I kinda want to check this out on XBLA but... the d-pad.

How much of an issue is this? I do have a Hori EX2 pad so I have an out there but I kind of hate being wired, too.
I got 200/200 achievements in N+ with the analog stick just fine and never thought about the d-pad (unlike if I'm playing a shmup or Pac-Man, say). If this is as similar to N+ as it appears, I feel the analog stick will work just fine, especially if it's as floaty.

Draft

Wow, that's great. This game was a maybe because I only have around 900 points on my XBL account. Now it's a lock.

Just a note guys, the 800 msp meat boy game won't apply to the spend 2400 get 800 rebate offer because it's already "on sale" and as such is void in the rebate deal this month.

Still it's an awesome price but just remember it won't count.

Ataturk

Diablohead said:
Just a note guys, the 800 msp meat boy game won't apply to the spend 2400 get 800 rebate offer because it's already "on sale" and as such is void in the rebate deal this month.

Still it's an awesome price but just remember it won't count.
Source?

Ataturk said:
The page about the offer on xbox.com says :

"Offer available Worldwide in all Xbox LIVE countries, excluding Japan and Italy while supplies last, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and cannot be combined with any other offer. "

Which I presume doesn't work with games or dlc already on sale, I read on CAG at some point that last week's ME2 dlc on sale didn't count too, but since it was from a poster it might not be correct.

x Maiku x

I'm pretty sure someone from the support team confirmed that DOTW purchases will count towards the 2400. I'm sure this will too.

nli10

x Maiku x said:
I'm pretty sure someone from the support team confirmed that DOTW purchases will count towards the 2400. I'm sure this will too.

You can always ask them specifically on Twitter.

I got Hydrophobia and Comic Jumper (which is shit) this month so I'm covered.

Struct09

OMG Aero said:
Part of me is happy at this deal and the other part is annoyed that I now have to spend another 400 points to get the 2400 point deal.

Same problem here, but a good problem to have I guess :p

I had it all worked out mathematically in my head - Case Zero, Minerva's Den, and Super Meat Boy. This changes everything.

Oli

Dude, 800 points now? This is great, so now I can get three 800 point games and come in right at 2400 points :)

Thank you Team Meat!

Oli said:
Dude, 800 points now? This is great, so now I can get three 800 point games and come in right at 2400 points :)

Thank you Team Meat!

I thought MS said that sale items do not count as part of the rebate, and this is kinda a sale item :/

nli10

Just asked @XboxSupport on Twitter and they said:

@XboxSupport said:
It's a XBLA game, and the points should count toward that promo ^JD

Current advice is it counts towards offer.

Ed: and then

@XboxSupport said:
The DotW items count toward the 800 pts reward promo, I believe this XBLA game does as well. ^JD

Now I just have to hope my extra points arrive in time for the price cut!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
nli10 said:

YESSSSSSSSSS.

Got my reply from them as well saying that they DO count, so it's all good! :D

Day one baby!

And MMarsu, I was thinking about what to get for 400 points to spend, thanks for reminding me about Peggle Nights - now I'm set for the points deal! :D

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
A mod should make it known in the title that the game will be discounted to 800 points until November so that people know to pick this up on day one!

Lothars

This is bought day one, I was gonna buy it at 1200 points but now I will definitely buy it for 800 points, that's an awesome thing for the developers to do.

nli10 said:

Excellent, though they still don't sound too confirmed about it but i'll most likely be spending more then needed anyway, lots of xbla titles I need to catch up on.

Gribbix

Mr. B Natural said:
But is it any good? Has anyone actually tried it? Is it a good solution to my d-pad woes or not?
I don't know about the joystick, but the analog stick is the developers' preferred control method for the game.

http://twitter.com/#!/SuperMeatBoy/status/24832057528
Team Meat said:
Dear Everyone: Just because its a platformer, it doesn't mean you can't play it with an Analog stick. Ed and I use the Analog exclusively.
http://twitter.com/#!/SuperMeatBoy/status/27515057435
Team Meat said:
its actually better with the analog.. honestly. youll see when you get it

Top Bottom