• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

see5harp said:
Hey guys I was going to create a thread but I figured there'd be enought xbots in here to help answer the question. Should I sell my 360?
20sdojd.gif

Also I was going to buy this at 1200 points but at 800 this looks like a steal

MMaRsu

Banned
see5harp said:
Hey guys I was going to create a thread but I figured there'd be enought xbots in here to help answer the question. Should I sell my 360?

First all..Xbots??

Second, no dude wtf.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
see5harp said:

mixed up your gamefaqs/neogaf bookmarks?

Falt

Any idea how long the "limited time only sale" is?

Going away tomorrow for a couple of days, will be more than likely picking this up at the weekend (hopefully for 800 :D) .

Falt said:

Going away tomorrow for a couple of days, will be more than likely picking this up at the weekend (hopefully for 800 :D) .
November. You should be fine.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Falt said:

Unfortunately I couldn't fit it into the thread title and have it still make sense, but November 21st is the day the price goes up.

Boonoo

He could have a Saturn pad. Anyone know how much it will be for PC? It's a bummer I have to wait a month (no xbox). This looks fantastic.

Edit: Oh, I see what you were saying now.

Nabs

Boonoo said:
He could have a Saturn pad. Anyone know how much it will be for PC? It's a bummer I have to wait a month (no xbox). This looks fantastic.

Edit: Oh, I see what you were saying now.

It'll be $15 on Steam

Darkgran

Holy cow..this game has not even been on my radar. But after seeing some videos and it now being 800 points...Day freaking one.

nli10

Stumpokapow said:
Unfortunately I couldn't fit it into the thread title and have it still make sense, but November 21st is the day the price goes up.

Fantastic - my points card will be here by then. Decided on Costume Quest (if demo good) then this as I really don't need controller breaking in work breaks but will love it like my own child once the work is done.

RPS37

Wario64 said:
I guess someone visited the 1200 pt/$15 DD game thread or something, because I sure as hell wasn't gonna bother with this game at 1200 pts but definitely will at 800 pts. Great move
Exactly. Instabuy.

Gribbix

rhfb said:
Why would I play a 2d platformer with analog sticks when I can use a good Dpad?
The analog stick is the developers' preferred control method for the game.

http://twitter.com/#!/SuperMeatBoy/status/24832057528
Team Meat said:
Dear Everyone: Just because its a platformer, it doesn't mean you can't play it with an Analog stick. Ed and I use the Analog exclusively.
http://twitter.com/#!/SuperMeatBoy/status/27515057435
Team Meat said:
its actually better with the analog.. honestly. youll see when you get it

They're probably working in good use of the sensitivity of analog...?

I remember the old meat boy game being obnoxious on PC with my keyboard because I would have to do super-quick taps in order to make those small adjustments the game required to get past the difficult stages. Tap too little - don't go anywhere. Tap a little too much - fall down the ledge.

Jonsoncao

Banned
see5harp said:

Hi, I am an xbot, whats up? :lol :lol

Salsa

Mr. B Natural said:
They're probably working in good use of the sensitivity of analog...?

I remember the old meat boy game being obnoxious on PC with my keyboard because I would have to do super-quick taps in order to make those small adjustments the game required to get past the difficult stages. Tap too little - don't go anywhere. Tap a little too much - fall down the ledge.

I think its mostly because there's no up or down. Left and right are your only directions so its perfectly playable with an analog stick.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Day fucking one, for the price of a plain med or so cheese pizza here in NYC, these guys DESERVE your support. Make them millionaires.

I didn't even know about this gem til today.

"We hope you guys appreciate this early xmas gift," says developer Team Meat. "Your positive comments, fan art, and donations when Edmund was in the hospital have been greatly appreciated. We are more than happy to give a little back."

This is what it's all about, time to fucking make them make it big time.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I must say, some great games really come out of nowhere. Never heard of this game before i watched Brad's quick look.

I think dropping the price is smart given all the crazy high reviews its getting. They could be on the verge of a mega-hit.

Im gonna buy it, and i rarely buy XBL stuff. Last 2 games i got were case zero and Limbo. Thats was it for this year on XBL.

When it comes out for the other consoles I'll decide if it plays better on a joystick. I don't really care how a developer plays something, I like 2d games with a Dpad.

Arucardo

Oh cool, thought I had less than 800 points on my live account, turns out I have a bit over 1000. I hope this deal isn't just for gold members is it?

Danielsan said:
I hate Microsoft's shitty Allards system. I have 1060 points in my account. The system is basically designed so that you always have some useless amount of points left.
Whoa, that's the exact same amount that I have :lol .

GWX

Lonely1 said:
So, the other systems release is set to some time in November?

Looks like it's late november, and the WiiWare version is not really confirmed to be released that date, from what I've read.
I hate this one month exclusivity crap: first Lara Croft, now this!
And Steam users probably won't get the 33% discount...

Arucardo said:
Oh cool, thought I had less than 800 points on my live account, turns out I have a bit over 1000. I hope this deal isn't just for gold members is it?

Whoa, that's the exact same amount that I have :lol .
I also have 1060 left, what the hell. :lol

6c8f2d9623652efd3c5090d465eb4890.png

GhaleonEB

Stumpokapow said:
Super Meat Boy |OT| On Sale for 800 MS Points until Nov. 21

Daigoro

800 pts is a great price. Its been a while since I've played a good platformer. Ill check this sucker out tomorrow.

I was on the fence about this game, and then I saw it would be $10. And as I was teetering off of it, I listened to some of the 8-bit tracks and flew off the fence at 100mph.

Top Bottom